Powered By Saaraan

Demiurge and YHVH use in the LBRP question.

Demiurge and YHVH use in the LBRP question.

Postby ghawke2 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:14 am

So, I read a lot and mess around on youtube with things that interest me.

Today, I was reading an excerpt about Gnosticism and their belief in two gods, one being good and the other evil.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the God of the old testament, Yaweh, be the Demiurge and Christ be a symbol of the good god?

If so, when one does the LBRP of the Pentagram and utters YHVH, isn't one invoking the Demiurge and perhaps not really cleansing an area to make it safe?
ghawke2
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Demiurge and YHVH use in the LBRP question.

Postby EternalReturn » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:57 pm

Oh no, demiurge is the ruler of the world, the emanation of the supreme God. He is called Abraxas. He's more of a demigod that god.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge

The word "demiurge" is an English word from a Latinized form of the Greek δημιουργός, dēmiourgos, literally "public worker", and which was originally a common noun meaning "craftsman" or "artisan", but gradually it came to mean "producer" and eventually "creator".

In the arch-dualist ideology of the various Gnostic systems, the material universe is evil, while the non-material world is good. Accordingly, the demiurge is malevolent, as linked to the material world.

While it is true that demiurge is malevolent, it is also tru that supreme God, the All or in this case YHVH is benevolent.
EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Eremita » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Nice post, EternalReturn. :)

I note that the so-called Bornless ritual contains an invocation of Abraxas. A favourite to Crowley and Regardie as a method of achieving union with the Holy Guardian Angel - but if Abraxas is associated with the demiurge, that seems counter-intuitive, does it not?
Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby ghawke2 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:32 pm

EternalReturn wrote:Oh no, demiurge is the ruler of the world, the emanation of the supreme God. He is called Abraxas. He's more of a demigod that god.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge

The word "demiurge" is an English word from a Latinized form of the Greek δημιουργός, dēmiourgos, literally "public worker", and which was originally a common noun meaning "craftsman" or "artisan", but gradually it came to mean "producer" and eventually "creator".

In the arch-dualist ideology of the various Gnostic systems, the material universe is evil, while the non-material world is good. Accordingly, the demiurge is malevolent, as linked to the material world.

While it is true that demiurge is malevolent, it is also tru that supreme God, the All or in this case YHVH is benevolent.

Awesome. Sorry I was out for a bit but thanks for your reply. Much appreciated!
ghawke2
Forum Member
Forum Member

Return to Gnosticism