Powered By Saaraan

A. Crowley On Transcension Of Reason Et Cetera

Exploring the Philosophical side of the Occult.

Re: A. Crowley On Transcension Of Reason Et Cetera

Postby neofight » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:46 pm

An important realization of any neophyte seeking enlightenment is not to judge people by action or rumor, and I think that is where a lot of you are failing. Look at yourselves and ask, "Am I perfect?" What is your excuse? His (and mine) is the search for truth, in the hopes of bettering mankind.
neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: A. Crowley On Transcension Of Reason Et Cetera

Postby Hound » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:51 pm

neofight wrote:An important realization of any neophyte seeking enlightenment is not to judge people by action or rumor
.

The action of man is the expression of his soul. You will be judged on your actions, as thus will I, and every one else around you. Word is hollow and thought is failing, but the guided hand is firm and with purpose. If you choose to preform an action you are expressing your inner desires with your true intent in mind.

neofight wrote:Look at yourselves and ask, "Am I perfect?" What is your excuse?


Humility is understanding that you also fall under such a question. As does every living being.
User avatar
Hound
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: A. Crowley On Transcension Of Reason Et Cetera

Postby neofight » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:20 pm

neofight wrote:An important realization of any neophyte seeking enlightenment is not to judge people by action or rumor, and I think that is where a lot of you are failing. Look at yourselves and ask, "Am I perfect?" What is your excuse? His (and mine) is the search for truth, in the hopes of bettering mankind.


And that is exactly my point, Hound. I seek truth, and I do it in hopes of bettering mankind. Stay silent or passive and harmless if you like to, but can you truly say you understand why people choose otherwise? How will you know if you can swim until you dip your foot in the pool? Some wisdom is obvious, and some needs to be contested (and perhaps all of it does?) It depends on you, and what your aim is. If you think Crowley was a drug addict because he liked to party, youre probably mistaken. He used drugs as a tool. Im sure it was also celebration at times, but more than likely it was used for altered states.

Im not sure why people look at him as wicked. What exactly were his actions, anyway? He invested his fortune in making certain that we all had an idea of mysticism, meditation, Buddhism, magic, tarot, qabalah, and all the other things he published in the Equinox got into our hands and was preserved and examined for future generations. Can any of you say that you have not directly benefitted from this sacrifice? Do you think he did this to be rich? Or maybe to be revered? We all begin with a dream of glory, don't we? The fact is he spent every penny and ounce of energy to bring this (and this website, and the liberty you all enjoy) into being. Call him demon if you wish to, but that would be the act of a fool.
neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: A. Crowley On Transcension Of Reason Et Cetera

Postby Hound » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:39 pm

One must first address the overall tone of your post, Neofite.

Having conversed with you a short time, I see a small bit into your patterns and I think it should be addressed, a concept you seem to welcome, for further discussion. Assumptions are a huge part of your interaction here. Yes, this topic is dedicated to Crowley, but when have I mentioned that I, individually, speak on him or about him for my time in this thread? The assumption made of an individual and their point of view will automatically cloud your own as you attempt to defend an idea and your own path. Which, you are in the right to. However knowing when to assume, and when not to, may help you down the road for further interaction with people who do not contest you from the beginning. The assumption of contest forces contest, you see? Given my individual standpoint, which has not been sought, your entire post in the direction of my own stance is inherently irrelevant. Because I do not assume what you inquire about, I have nothing to really say on the matter.

Secondly, I also sought the truth for many years. Many, many years. Many miles traveled, many groups and peoples met, and many internal debates and battles over what could be defined as truth. But knowing that our experiences are subjective and what path we choose, what we think, and what we practice is heavily reliant on our individual experiences as learning mammals, truth as a concept is a fallacy. You seek answers but the mistake is assuming those answers will either be a truth, or a final say on the foundation for your life and experiences. What I discovered in my time is that truth, as a goal, cannot be met. And there is no one truth. Whether you agree or disagree is not entirely my concern, but you're fond of contesting of ideas so I present this to you as an alternate path where you see none. Do note that truth=/=persistent force/defining constant of our universe. A truth is inherently an idea. A constant is something that cannot be changed by an idea.

Lastly the biggest issue I see in interaction is the position you hold yourself on in reference to others. Do take note, please, that this is merely an observation which has every possibility to be incorrect rather that a blatant attack or quip on you as an individual. I do not intend to do so nor do I play those games. I merely wish to express and connect. But to approach someone as lesser, uneducated, or any concept of 'below' a particular point in reference to you is ego in the work (the shamanic view of ego) and immediately closes most possibilities for further connection and positive interaction. Do not assume my stance, my capability, and my thoughts. A concept I mentioned in my first post to you. Doing so shows me that you are not here to learn, and to share, but rather for yourself in ways not symbiotic for others. One of the hallmarks for the truly wise or well learned is that they do not treat others as if they are below them. If they see an opportunity for teaching, they come to that individual with the intent in mind to help them grow, not lord over them :). We all know something the other does not, and we are all proficient in something someone else isn't. Community is not merely a social gathering, it is the effort each individual puts in to provide their individual skills, unique thought processes, and one of a kind soul for the betterment of everyone around them. And that absolutely includes critical individuals, such as you and myself.

Being critical, cynical, or realistic is an extremely undervalued point of view that can have some of the best impact on a group of individuals or thread for learning. However, it is how that critical thought is expressed that makes it healthy or toxic. Much like any other manner of expression.

You have a passion for Crowley. It's excellent. But feed that passion in a healthy way, which doesn't have to mean positive. Hopefully then genuine discussion can be had.

Just because someone does not fight in a violent and uncontrolled manner does not mean they do not know how to fight. It does not mean they are not a warrior. I forget the original statement, but it was insight of a warrior for one of the less modern villages in Africa. But they said something along the lines of, "A warrior does not fight to kill. A warrior fights to protect his village" :).
User avatar
Hound
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: A. Crowley On Transcension Of Reason Et Cetera

Postby Cerber » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:32 am

Hound wrote:There's no simple way to tackle such a fixation. One can provide an alternate point of view or study, but people will do as they please.

Locate, identify, isolate. For other specialists to take over. In ideal world. But current world is far from such, our agencies severely understaffed and underfunded. We are in for a purge.
It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 3:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia

Re: A. Crowley On Transcension Of Reason Et Cetera

Postby neofight » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:45 am

Dear Hound

It may have come off otherwise, but the only thing I assumed you were saying was that I should consider that I am not infallible, and to humble myself a bit. I do this, but at certain times, passion is required to convey ideas. I agree that I may come off a bit condescending in tone, and I apologize- I suppose my patience has been tried a little too much in the past. Also I am quite convinced of what I am saying and so I say it with zeal. I do not rescind any of what I said about Crowley; for in it there is truth. Yes, truth is the most elusive of the gods but she is real, for if she weren't, we would not know of her existence. You say that as an idea, there is no truth- I say that things are always true until proven otherwise. I also feel that while there is no absolute pattern to believe, there is truth.
neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: A. Crowley On Transcension Of Reason Et Cetera

Postby Hound » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:33 am

neofight wrote:Dear Hound

It may have come off otherwise, but the only thing I assumed you were saying was that I should consider that I am not infallible, and to humble myself a bit. I do this, but at certain times, passion is required to convey ideas. I agree that I may come off a bit condescending in tone, and I apologize- I suppose my patience has been tried a little too much in the past. Also I am quite convinced of what I am saying and so I say it with zeal. I do not rescind any of what I said about Crowley; for in it there is truth. Yes, truth is the most elusive of the gods but she is real, for if she weren't, we would not know of her existence. You say that as an idea, there is no truth- I say that things are always true until proven otherwise. I also feel that while there is no absolute pattern to believe, there is truth.


Indeed, I do suggest such. Mostly because it will provide you the type of answers and/or discussion you seek. But it's mostly about language, how we use it, and why we use it. One of the biggest changes for the modern age has been our lack of care in language. Words, themselves, are trivial. Now we have text talk, new and ever changing slang that will be dropped in the half hour it was comprised in, and so on. Care for language and care for being 'heard' is not a part of our society any longer. We talk at people, instead of talking to them. And it shows in our word choice and manner of expression. Belying some of our most inner thoughts in this way, too. Something to think about.

Zeal, passion, drive, fire, all of it is exceptional. When carefully crafted. Fan the flames too hot and your blade shall melt. But temper it, and it will be the strongest steel you've ever wielded.

Your truth is not my truth, and thus is the beauty of the universe we live in. Expression of differing opinions brings about some of the most enlightening realizations. It's something to be cherished, not refuted.
User avatar
Hound
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: A. Crowley On Transcension Of Reason Et Cetera

Postby cactusjack543 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:23 am

more pattern malecule in every matter.... deep is of interest space stations as such ridick prisons leaving in a month could use these worlds oh yyou....
I a only human 30 year prair to have a white picket fence with a nice spiritual healing lady golly... - ---.- 666:)....astoservemycity

Now just be quiet while my name plays you the opening theme to Mr. Dressup however one could give this all up so easely with women as bowned problem solver leading to lost of everything..
User avatar
cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:49 am

Previous

Return to Reason and Unreason

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Bridge by mehdiplugins.com