Powered By Saaraan

I am Pagan

I am Pagan

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:38 am

Original post: Vagabond

Aloha, I'm new to the boards and just wanted to share with you all what I experienced tonight. I was sitting was down in my basement when I heard some rumbling outside so I went to see what was going on. I get up there and it was about 10:00 pm so it's full dark, I walk outside and see lightning flash off in the distance all around me, the horizon was lit up with it. But the full Moon was perfectly visible. I felt that I had to go for a walk. I went down to this wild flower field that is by this Catholic church by my house, I stood on a hill above the church and stared at the moon for a bit. Then I was compelled to howl at the Moon and man, did that feel great. It felt awesome, I felt eurphoric and filled with energy. And then I realized it, I am Pagan and it feels great truly meaning it. Just to give you a little background info, my dad is Catholic and my Mom was brought up Presbytrian so most of my family will proboblly think that I'm gonna go to hell but that's there belief not mine. I've been kind of tettering for awhile, am I Christain am I Pagan. Tonight I finally recieved my answer.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am Pagan

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:44 am

Original post: doh

Being Christian and Pagan are not completely incompatible.

Howl away.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am Pagan

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:11 am

Original post: Jinjo21

Especially with Catholicisim. Mary the goddess , God well the god. Dont get me wrong I was catholic for a long time and still have a lot of catholic influence. Its just catholics and pagans are strikingly similar.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am Pagan

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:30 am

Original post: Hangatyr 13

The catholics bastardized many of our gods into "saints" as well as our holidays. I applaud you on your decision Vagabond. It took me a bit of soul-searching too. We need more pagans in this world.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am Pagan

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:07 pm

Original post: Anubis RainHawk

Paganism and Catholicism do share many things in common, though it is thought that the Catholic Church "stole" from the pagans to convert them. Some religions, Santeria for example, do mix paganism and Catholicism. Check out "Pagans and Christians" published by Llewellyn. I haven't read it, but it might answer some of your questions. Good Luck:)

Anubis RainHawk
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am Pagan

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:20 pm

Original post: Sadb

[QUOTE=Vagabond]Aloha, I'm new to the boards and just wanted to share with you all what I experienced tonight. I was sitting was down in my basement when I heard some rumbling outside so I went to see what was going on. I get up there and it was about 10:00 pm so it's full dark, I walk outside and see lightning flash off in the distance all around me, the horizon was lit up with it. But the full Moon was perfectly visible. I felt that I had to go for a walk. I went down to this wild flower field that is by this Catholic church by my house, I stood on a hill above the church and stared at the moon for a bit. Then I was compelled to howl at the Moon and man, did that feel great. It felt awesome, I felt eurphoric and filled with energy. And then I realized it, I am Pagan and it feels great truly meaning it. Just to give you a little background info, my dad is Catholic and my Mom was brought up Presbytrian so most of my family will proboblly think that I'm gonna go to hell but that's there belief not mine. I've been kind of tettering for awhile, am I Christain am I Pagan. Tonight I finally recieved my answer.[/QUOTE]
And the villagers didn't chase you with pitch forks crying "werewolf werewolf" . :lol: Some people are born lucky !!
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am Pagan

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:20 pm

Original post: Sadb

[QUOTE=Vagabond]Aloha, I'm new to the boards and just wanted to share with you all what I experienced tonight. I was sitting was down in my basement when I heard some rumbling outside so I went to see what was going on. I get up there and it was about 10:00 pm so it's full dark, I walk outside and see lightning flash off in the distance all around me, the horizon was lit up with it. But the full Moon was perfectly visible. I felt that I had to go for a walk. I went down to this wild flower field that is by this Catholic church by my house, I stood on a hill above the church and stared at the moon for a bit. Then I was compelled to howl at the Moon and man, did that feel great. It felt awesome, I felt eurphoric and filled with energy. And then I realized it, I am Pagan and it feels great truly meaning it. Just to give you a little background info, my dad is Catholic and my Mom was brought up Presbytrian so most of my family will proboblly think that I'm gonna go to hell but that's there belief not mine. I've been kind of tettering for awhile, am I Christain am I Pagan. Tonight I finally recieved my answer.[/QUOTE]And the villagers didn't chase you with pitch forks crying "werewolf werewolf" . :lol: Some people are born lucky !!
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am Pagan

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:23 am

Original post: Vagabond

Thanks for the kind words :)

I have noticed some of the similarities between Christianity and Paganism but all of the dogma that goes along with Christianity doesn't sit well with me. Also Christianty's historical role through out the centuries just makes me sick and I really don't want to be associated with it. For example just take a look at the European colonization of North America. Native Americans and there way of life were pretty much wiped out and the same goes with the Hawaiians. Well I'm kinda starting to rant so I'll just leave it at that.

On another note, Sadb, it was kind of funny as I was leaving some guy who lived around there came out to see if everything was alright. I told him everything was great :D He didn't have a pitch fork though, which was a bonus
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am Pagan

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:33 am

Original post: Jinjo21

That isnt the religions fault. Its the people in the religion , think if it were all hindus that came over and did that. Then you would hate them. Or even if it were pagans that did that , Im sure you would hate that too. And the Christians that went around and whiped out cultures were not catholics. They were protestants to protest the pople because he wouldnt let the kind divorce.

Just to be crystal clear I'm not a full blown christian nor pagan. Im a mix of everything and im happy with that.

Im glad to hear youve found your religion , that isnt a very easy thing to do :-)
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am Pagan

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:26 pm

Original post: alex silver wolf

Being Christian and Pagan are not completely incompatible. quoted from Doh.
As Jim Carey would say, " OH REALLY "
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Return to Religous superstitions, Folk traditions and Lores