Powered By Saaraan

Spirit animals.

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:29 pm

Original post: DisturbedAngel

I'm not quite sure what my spirit animal is, but i think that it might be a tiger since i've always felt this mystical connection with them. But i think I'm going to try to meditate on it the next chance I get to see for certian what my spirit animal(s) is.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:39 am

Original post: Nephthys

I've always been drawn to the wolf. But I'm also drawn to the large cats(and my calico) and to ravens and crows.
I don't like spiders though. I think they're my shadow totem.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:29 am

Original post: Wiseone

i wonder if any of you can tell me an animal that loves to be free and stuff.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:26 am

Original post: PaulS

Wiseone,
Zebras require freedom to be healthy and they cannot be gentled like horses.
Great White Sharks don't live well in captivity.
It has also been shown that "Killer Whales" do not remain healthy in captivity.

PaulS
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:59 am

oh well i would say im both than and any other animal that loves to be free.

well ill try to see on how to find out if it is true ill just look around some sites and the one that was given by erisdoe. thanks pauls.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:14 am

Original post: Hangatyr 13

Wiseone, don't let pre-conceived notions or intellenctual wonderings corrupt your findings. Your spirt animal is embedded in your subconcious. If you meditate to find out what it is, you have to be completely honest with yourself and have no pre-conceived notions. When you find out what your totem is, it will make perfect sense. Well, there's my two cents, take it as you like.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:55 pm

thanks ill do that.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:57 pm

Original post: Faerie Starla

I have yet to find my totem animal/ spirit animal.:( I've tried a visualization meditation to find it, but no luck. My friend thinks it could be like a jackal or something like that. Perhaps, whatever it is, it'll find me? I just don't know.:???:
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:00 pm

Original post: DisturbedAngel

I'm sure it'll come to you when the time is right. I did a meditation, and I was able to visualize 4 animals. The Tiger, the wolf, the owl, and the falcon. I expected something like a tiger or wolf, but I never thought I'd visualize an owl. Go figure.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:42 pm

well yesterday i dreamed of a tiger with orange and black stripes and im sure this is my totem animal, well one of them. plus i also remember when i was younger i dreamed of a white horse as well but was too long ago that im not sure if it is still with me.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:10 pm

Original post: Rin Daemoko

My first totem, or spiritual animal guide

is that of a Panda. This is a powerful

figure in my life who works very subtly

to drive my desire to visit the Eastern

Asiatic countries.

My second totem, or spiritual animal guide

is that of a Kitsune. A Japanese fox-spirit.

It is a very specific kind, one who is aligned

to the Sun as he/she/it blazes like golden

light that could illuminate the night sky as

though it were midday.

How did I figure these out? Well, I didn't.

They figured me out. This is also who Anubis

came to be my patron deity. He came to

me, and not the other way around.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:04 am

[QUOTE=Faerie Starla]I have yet to find my totem animal/ spirit animal.:( I've tried a visualization meditation to find it, but no luck. My friend thinks it could be like a jackal or something like that. Perhaps, whatever it is, it'll find me? I just don't know.:???:[/QUOTE]
It's good that you haven't found it yet. That means you're probably being honest with yourself. Have you tried a guided mediation? Your friend can help. I left a few examples of guided meditations to find your spirit animal earlier in the thread. Feel free to use them as inspiration. Another thing you might try is dream magick. When you dream and you realize you're dreaming, try to become aware of your spirit body by lifting your hands in front of your face. Then, look down. After you've established your spirit body, you can go anywhere. Search mountains and deserts, forests and seas. Have fun.:wink:
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:14 am

[QUOTE=Wiseone]well yesterday i dreamed of a tiger with orange and black stripes and im sure this is my totem animal, well one of them. plus i also remember when i was younger i dreamed of a white horse as well but was too long ago that im not sure if it is still with me.[/QUOTE]
This might represent a spiritual evolution from "domesticated prey" to "wild preditor", or maybe a cigar is just a cigar. Try researching both animals from both a magickal/mythological standpoint and a zoological standpoint. Try seeing some in real life as well.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:56 am

Original post: Cinun

I am not 100% what my totem or spirit guide is. I feel very connected to all animals. The hawk seems to be the spirit guide that seems to come to me the most tho I haven't seen him in a while. Crows have a special places in my heart because of my Native background. Also there has always been something about horses that I couldn't figure out but I love them to death. Most girls have the "oh I love ponies" growing up, everyone asumed I would grow out of it like most girls do, but I haven't and never will because it was more then a children desire.

As for a familar, my cat would probably fall into that spot, sometimes I wonder if she is also a spirit guide. We have a connection that is stronger then most people will believe. She understand me when I talk to her and she understands how I feel even when I am not showing it. Out of everything in the world she had been there for me the most. Yes she may depend on me to survive but it's more then that, she's always around no matter what to give me love and guidance.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:15 am

[QUOTE=Hangatyr 13]It's good that you haven't found it yet. That means you're probably being honest with yourself. Have you tried a guided mediation? Your friend can help. I left a few examples of guided meditations to find your spirit animal earlier in the thread. Feel free to use them as inspiration. Another thing you might try is dream magick. When you dream and you realize you're dreaming, try to become aware of your spirit body by lifting your hands in front of your face. Then, look down. After you've established your spirit body, you can go anywhere. Search mountains and deserts, forests and seas. Have fun.:wink:[/QUOTE]
Hmm...maybe I can ask my friend about the guided meditation. Perhaps she can help me, since she's more experienced than I am. Thanks for the advice :)
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:58 am

well i have already done the research on the tiger from a magical point and found what i am and well with the zoological i have found it to be like me to. the thing is i cant visit a tiger though as i have no idea where a zoo is near me and i will try to see a tiger in the future though.

thanks for the info.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:32 pm

Where in California do you live? There's gotta be a zoo nearby. But then again, all I know that's over there is the San Diego zoo.
I shouldn't talk, the closest zoo by me is in the Bronx, and I've sadly never been there before. Sorry for getting off-topic.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:54 pm

well i will have to look on the internet for a zoo near me and i do remember going to one but it was most likely the zoo in san diego.

well ill keep trying though. thanks.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:32 am

Original post: Cinun

It turns out that none of the animals I thought was my totem animal was them. The one I thought would be most unlikely seems to appearing as my guide. I realize this evening that the Bear is my totem. Once I realized this and thought about my past, the Bear was always there, watching over me. I wouldn't have thought of this because of the fear I have of bears at times. I've had nightmares of having bears chase me, but thinking about it, they weren't really chasing me, they were coming to me. It weird because once I realized this walking home, I came into my apartment and bears were everywhere. Even a sticker I had lost months a go was on the floor next to a box.

I am currently researching information bears, bear gods and goddess and bear medicine. If anyone has any great links or info I would love to hear it.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirit animals.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:21 am

[QUOTE=Cinun]It turns out that none of the animals I thought was my totem animal was them. The one I thought would be most unlikely seems to appearing as my guide. I realize this evening that the Bear is my totem. Once I realized this and thought about my past, the Bear was always there, watching over me. I wouldn't have thought of this because of the fear I have of bears at times. I've had nightmares of having bears chase me, but thinking about it, they weren't really chasing me, they were coming to me. It weird because once I realized this walking home, I came into my apartment and bears were everywhere. Even a sticker I had lost months a go was on the floor next to a box.

I am currently researching information bears, bear gods and goddess and bear medicine. If anyone has any great links or info I would love to hear it.[/QUOTE]

Watch "The Clan Of The Cave Bear" with Darrel Hanna. It's an old eighties movie. I have it on VHS :grin: It goes alittle into how the screen play writer thought neanderthals dealt with spirit animals, particularly the bear, but what's really interesting is Darrel Hanna's character's relationship to her spirit animal (the cave lion) and how similar it is to yours. I'll warn you though, this movie isn't really about spirit animals, it's a metaphor for the women's rights movment.

It's said by some sources that the berserkrs (berserk means "bear shirt") worshipped the bear. If this is not true, then surely the bear was their totem animal. Either way, you'll find allot of both new world and old world information on bears if you look. Good luck.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Previous

Return to Religous superstitions, Folk traditions and Lores