Powered By Saaraan

Lizard statues of the Ubaid

Lizard statues of the Ubaid

Postby violetstar » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:21 pm

In reading the work of Sumerian expert Samuel Kramer,I came across a people who are said to have taught the Sumerians agriculture.Termed proto-Euphrateans by archaeologists,these people are also named after the area-Al Ubaid where remnants of their civilisation have been unearthed.

Of the artefacts the Ubaidic statues modelled on strange reptilian like creatures are a mystery.Thought of by Icke as part of some Illuminati government,many people believe they represent an alien race that came to earth.Any thoughts?

MothChildStatueUrUb2_Amiet.jpg
reptilian figurines two.JPG
I always write 'Magic Potion' on my perfume bottles so when I use them it feels magical .I make spells in the morning when I put them on. Alexa Chung
violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Lizard statues of the Ubaid

Postby Nahemah » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:55 am

I don't think they're all that mysterious?

A Serpent headed goddess figurine, most likely, given the popularity of anthropomorphic deities and entities in that area and period.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

"I'm either a fucking genius or a purple Volkswagen Jetta."
- GeriBot

We live in a RAI N B O W of Chaos.

Paul Cezanne
Nahemah
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lizard statues of the Ubaid

Postby violetstar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:47 pm

They are unusual in that the goddess serpent figures are not generally shown with offspring which then connect them with maternity.Most serpent goddesses are depicted holding snakes rather than nurturing them.

The Ubaid example also has a male counterpart which suggests these figures may represent either a god and goddess or a more earthly family unit.

For Andrew Collins of course these were depictions of Fallen Angels or perhaps aliens from the star Cygnus,depending on which of his books one reads!
Attachments
ubaid_figurines.JPG
ubaid_figurines.JPG (33.29 KiB) Viewed 88 times
I always write 'Magic Potion' on my perfume bottles so when I use them it feels magical .I make spells in the morning when I put them on. Alexa Chung
violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Return to Ancient Magick and Mythologies