Powered By Saaraan

An open letter to the World

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

An open letter to the World

Postby inMalkuth » Mon May 15, 2017 2:12 pm

When a mind begins the journey towards understanding, it is typical for the seeker to find themselves in the middle of a machine that they did not design. If one does not know where to begin, they will grasp whatever they possess of understanding and pursue it to its end. That idea leads to another idea and to another, until a view comes into focus. This is how the temple of the mind or, construction of conscious awareness takes shape. In ancient days, and in days not so ancient, religious, mystical, and philosophical schools existed to assist in the construction of the temple of the mind. In modern times we have the education system as chosen by the government as well as what is sought in forms of religion, mysticism, and philosophy by the individual. In an effort to avoid religious favoritism, our government has neutered the education of its people from forming their inner temples in accordance with the wisdom of spirituality. The decline of our morality and security stems from the lack of knowing that all intelligent awareness emerges from spirituality. Because we do not allow any form of spirituality and philosophy into our public schools during the critical developmental years, we are robbing our citizens of their potential to become active, thriving, and law abiding contributors to their own success, and the success of our nation. It is not expected nor required that our citizens are exposed to any fundamental spiritual view. All pursuit of spirituality is left to the individual and their families in accordance to whatever they choose. Before we can succeed as a species it is essential to agree on what spirituality is.
One might ask why I refer to the inner consciousness as the construction of a temple and not just call it the mind and be done. I name it a temple because we are able to build it, and also because it is the key to our Divinity. While it would be possible to simply call it mind, I feel that such an idea is too casually considered and taken as granted. Now you might say “You have used the word Divine, what does that mean to you?” It is less important what it means to me, and more important what it means to you. Everyone has some form of spirituality, and many have gone so far as to have studied certain religious texts in search of meaning. Spirituality should be as accessible to an agnostic as it is to a Jew, as it is to a magician, or any other form of spiritual belief however popular or obscure. There is no requirement to have a Deity, though there are many benefits in contemplating the existence of one.
The sooner we recognize that our ability to perceive and process reality makes us precious in the eyes of everything known, the sooner we are able to mature and revere life. If ever there were a thing that we can witness that might be Divine it is the Human Being. Our ability to think, to sense, to move about and to build make us the most advanced species in existence, so far as we can prove. Should we actively and collectively come to agree on the construction of mind and recognize the truth that we are the closest thing we can perceive of as Divine Beings, perhaps we could truly create a society in which dignity, security, prosperity and respect will flourish, and see an end to the conflicts and suffrage that we allow.
Every concept that we have evolves around the creation, preservation, destruction and enjoyment of life. Without being alive we do not possess the senses that we use to formulate our perception of the physical world, and intellectual activity would not exist. Would it matter what is good and what is evil if we did not exist to see it as such? What good would Wisdom be if there were no beings to experience life and arrive at understanding? None of the accomplishments of awareness would matter a pittance were we not first and most importantly alive. Life is the preeminent focus of consciousness and it is the forefront of all intellectual pursuits. If we cannot individually master the idea of taking responsibility for our perception and the actions influenced thereof, there will be no salvation from a God or from an alien race, or even for ourselves from ourselves. Anything short of sustaining and nurturing our health, wealth and security as individuals and as a planet would fail the objective provided by our ability to be aware.
The highest goal of spirituality is the accomplishment of security and prosperity for all of us, and it should be the aim of everything we design. It is the reason for our being conscious of life, and it is the objective for everything spiritual or religious. The sooner we agree on this the better.
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: An open letter to the World

Postby chowderpope » Tue May 16, 2017 12:10 pm

realize.jpg
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!
chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Fri May 19, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi I haven't received any feedback on my previous email but Ive been plodding forward with my ideas and I've come to recognize a couple of flaws in my last letter. I have been struggling with the idea that chaos is the actual order to the manifest worlds and I was able to see that this cannot be true or, at least, that we must organize it in order to survive, and that is why I said the meaning of spirituality and reason for our awareness is the protection, creation, destruction and enjoyment of life. What was missing is that there is a God behind all of this, or Gods, who have a knowledge and reason for this. The Greeks said all of this came from Chaos and then Zeus slays Chaos and establishes order. The Norse say the same thing and Christ also says this. The Jews basically say that Chaos is the Serpent/fallen angel and that God has arranged all of this and they have a whole set of ideas as to why.

If I were to amend this general statement about why we exist I would say yes that life is the focus of spirituality but it is not the only reason and use for it. Everything that is, is the reason for spirituality and all that is, is not only life and its preservation and enjoyment.

Buddhists would say that the reason for all of this is to attain a level of awareness of it to find release from it. This attainment is a state that is absence of it. We either attain and recognize this order of Hinduism, which is what Buddhism is meant to thwart, or we go into a place of existence that we cannot describe. Christians say that we acknowledge the meaning of life as Christ gave us and persevere until death, doing the best we can to promote and act upon His ideal and we will be reborn into a heaven, which may or may not reflect what we already see. I am not certain how the Jews feel about a return of the soul. I think they see that life is now and we have access to the goal thru Judaism and to attain to it in their view.

One thing about Christ that I could never reconcile is that if Christ were God as the Christians believe, and Christ knew He was God then the whole act of being a sacrifice was no sacrifice to Him at all! He knew He could not be slain. He may be a chosen son or something Divine, but He is not and cannot be God in the sense of an absolute Creator who had already conquered mortality. Yes, He left us with a good reason for life, but were we all to act as Buddhists or Christians simply living only to attain an afterlife the world would cease to move. This does not explain the entirety of the Cosmos.

Yes Chaos is the condition of being conscious of an environment that we cannot understand, but as we grow into life we perceive an Order and discover meaning. By its very nature Chaos has no Order and there would be no God to assist us, and there would be no reason to get up in the morning other than to survive in a miserable act of struggling against the elements and eventual death. All of this has an Order and part of that is to attribute meaning to it, and part of that meaning is to assist and protect life, but that is not all that is, and that is not all we can and should do. Even the Buddhist would agree that they want to break free of the caste system of the Hindus, but as all we can possibly know is tied to our very existence the only reason to reach enlightenment is to better enhance what they already know, which is this world and not some other world. This is why they have reincarnation. The same can be said for Christians. The future world would probably have at least some aspect of this one. There is more to this world than one faith system. All of these systems attain to an order and they all contribute to it. There is more than one path to Heaven. What matters is what you do to establish a sense of Order.
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Fri May 19, 2017 8:53 pm

The occult motto is "Do What Thou Wilt is the Whole of the Law". It is the preservation of our rights as living citizens of creation to make our own choices and experience what we choose. It does not condemn nor expect any result. However it is not without Gods, or Order, or meaning. It is actually the pursuit of all of those things. The hope is that one of us will rise up and speak a Truth that all can hear and see. If we do not allow the liberty to do this, we will fail at the objective of Creation, which is: Create! We trust you!
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 pm

The point of being able to perceive an injustice is our ability to resolve it. By sectioning off cultures and declaring this section to be less than, or not as correct as another leads to injustice.
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Fri May 19, 2017 9:08 pm

It is our understanding and ability to act upon it that makes us wise.
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Fri May 19, 2017 9:14 pm

The point of being allowed to experience what we choose is the genesis of becoming wise. Our country stands on the ideal of preserving liberty and the ability to act on wisdom.
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Sat May 20, 2017 3:49 am

The Holy Spirit of awareness that we are all collectively here and reliant upon one another is the highest aim of all that we can consider to be good in a spiritual sense. That is why we regard it as Holy. The senses, the body, the mind... all of these things are prone to lead us to error and sin without the acknowledgement of the Holy Spirit. The mind and body and senses help create our souls. Should our minds and bodies be used to create a soul in the form and light of the Holy Spirit then we are succeeding the goal. Gods power is not within our ability to comprehend, but we know God through the lesson he gives us from the awareness of the Holy Spirit. That is how we can get to know the Creator. The awareness of the Holy Spirit leads us to acts of kindness, and family, and togetherness and all the things we cherish and hold high. The highest goals of spirituality and religion are attained through the awareness of the Holy Spirit. Essentially we are alive and we are all together.

BTW I recognize that this is not Do What Thou Wilt.
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby chowderpope » Sat May 20, 2017 4:17 am

Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!
chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Sat May 20, 2017 7:27 am

Im not certain what you intend with your memes. Care to speak up?
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby AbraxianChaos » Sat May 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Perhaps it is just that no one really has a response to your personal realizations... as they are PERSONAL REALIZATIONS after all... nothing more. Sometimes a response will come in the form of another person's personal realization, which would open the door to a meaningless argument over whose personal realizations are more convincing, stronger, etc., which is a huge waste of time.

Keep writing, though, it seems to help you figure things out for yourself, which is pretty much all we can do.
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi
AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Sat May 20, 2017 3:16 pm

All most any of this is based on personal revelation though... its only because its in a book and not a blog that we consider it "the way it is"
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby AbraxianChaos » Sat May 20, 2017 6:21 pm

inMalkuth wrote:All most any of this is based on personal revelation though... its only because its in a book and not a blog that we consider it "the way it is"

I mean... I guess... are you just mad because no one is applauding your realizations and patting you on the back? I don't know what you're asking for here. I should have just passed on it like everyone else. We'll call that my bad.
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi
AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Sat May 20, 2017 8:23 pm

Isnt it obvious what Im asking for? A conversation, a challenge, your own point of view? I have to assume you can offer me none of these, and that is why you either dont comment, or say what you have said.
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Sat May 20, 2017 8:25 pm

I mean whats the point in learning anything? What is the point of having an opinion? Is it enough to accept that which we are told and work with it and not go anywhere further? Are we not meant to be creative? Are we here to solve problems or be sheep? If you want to be a sheep, go to Christianity. Dont choose the occult!
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby AbraxianChaos » Sat May 20, 2017 8:35 pm

I think you might be asking a little much of an online Internet forum. While there is a lot you can learn from the forums, or the internet as a whole, posting an open letter as a way to get a conversation going might be stretching it. What is it you're hoping to gain? I just don't think you're being clear in what you want out of it. I'm in no way trying to start an argument... I'm just throwing in my own two cents.

On a related note, it could be that your post was just too long of a read. #tldr
AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Sat May 20, 2017 8:38 pm

I have to raise my hands then. Apparently everyone here has a wide circle of friends that express their opinions on matters such as I suggest conversation of. Lucky for you, I dont. I wonder what good an interactive forum is then? Maybe all anyone should do is read books and keep silent and then... do nothing? Put it into action how? Is life just being informed about life?
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Napoli » Sat May 20, 2017 9:13 pm

I think you are doing fine by opening and continuing this thread. Everyone on this forum can express what they learn. Disagreements can happen. I disagree with you on many things too. I did read your posts and what you have written seems like the basic things we learn. Hence, I did not respond.

You remind me of the first time I started my occult and spiritual journey. I was both curious and eager to learn, and I still am. But as time went by I realised that my worldview has changed a lot since the time I have begun. Sometimes, I was not challenged or didn't receive any feedback. Maybe people did not have the time or maybe they knew that I had to find things on my own. Please, do not be disheartened if none of us replied.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum
Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby AbraxianChaos » Sat May 20, 2017 9:22 pm

inMalkuth wrote:I have to raise my hands then. Apparently everyone here has a wide circle of friends that express their opinions on matters such as I suggest conversation of. Lucky for you, I dont. I wonder what good an interactive forum is then? Maybe all anyone should do is read books and keep silent and then... do nothing? Put it into action how? Is life just being informed about life?

I said none of things... and you are reaching if you are trying to say that at any point anyone else did either. As the last poster said, perhaps no one saw any reason to respond because there just wasn't anything to say. I literally have no cliques or circles of friends on here. In fact, I am still new and don't post all that much.

I don't know what you're bowing up about.

Take a series of deep breaths and reflect. It's not that bad.
AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Sat May 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi guys. Sorry for getting frustrated. I guess I have a desire that seems to me obvious but without it being met immediately I suddenly start to accuse people of things. Just as what you say probably doesnt hit home with me at first.

Napoli I wonder... you say that is is basic stuff we all learn initially and that you disagree so where are you now, I ask?
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby chowderpope » Sat May 20, 2017 10:42 pm

inMalkuth wrote:Im not certain what you intend with your memes. Care to speak up?

I'll explain. The first meme was the "high guy" meme saying something banal and thinking it's deep. The second meme was a guy in space getting his mind BLOWN, which I posted sarcastically. Napoli said it nicer than I would have, but I agree with her sentiment here.
chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Sat May 20, 2017 11:06 pm

So basically you were using this forum to mock me?
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby chowderpope » Sun May 21, 2017 12:33 am

Yeah, but this wasn't just passive abuse, this was thoughtful scrutiny. I took the time to handpick those memes. I actually read your posts and made calculated responses which I think were appropriate, given the content of your posts. The "I have it all figured out" vibe is strong with you. I mean, take this statement as an example:

The Holy Spirit of awareness that we are all collectively here and reliant upon one another is the highest aim of all that we can consider to be good in a spiritual sense.

What are you even talking about? I brought this up before with you and you responded, condescendingly, "I am sorry that you do not understand. I will try to make it simpler for you next time." Well, guess what, it's next time now and you didn't fulfill your promise. Your mind is having diarrhea all over your keyboard and you must think you're some kind of philosopher. It's a struggle to squeeze meaning out of this wall of drivel you have laid before the good people of this forum, and so my mockery was justified, in my opinion.

Like Napoli said, this takes me right back to being 20 years old and first discovering so many different religious traditions and mythologies. I was drowning in information and trying to make sense of it. I had many revelations at the time which I thought were very powerful, which they were at the time, but it was a time of infancy. Now that I've got more human suffering under my belt, I realize I was just a fool, not that there's anything wrong with that, as that initial enthusiasm was important to my development.

Anyway, I really don't have any ill will toward you. I just don't think you should write your "Philosophy of the World" tome anytime soon.
chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby inMalkuth » Sun May 21, 2017 12:44 am

chowderpope wrote:Yeah, but this wasn't just passive abuse, this was thoughtful scrutiny. I took the time to handpick those memes. I actually read your posts and made calculated responses which I think were appropriate, given the content of your posts. The "I have it all figured out" vibe is strong with you. I mean, take this statement as an example:

The Holy Spirit of awareness that we are all collectively here and reliant upon one another is the highest aim of all that we can consider to be good in a spiritual sense.

Man Im so sorry if that sounded condescending. I actually believe that this time it is simpler to grasp.

The Holy Spirit> a manifestation of God, or a living entity, or a spirit of goodness or a guardian angel

awareness> being conscious of the existence of something

All here collectively> love thy neighbor, do onto others. I exists, so do you

reliant on one another> without you there can be no me. I need to eat, I need a house, I need medicine. How can I acquire all of these things by myself? If we dont work together to secure this, then it all fails.

what is good in a spiritual sense> When you live in the spirit of something or pursue an idea "In the spirit of compassion i..." you become aware of what you are doing and why. If I am aware of "The spirit collectiveness" and the needs of the whole, I will be more compassionate, productive, law abiding , polite, sincere, contemplative, cautious, concerned, safe... these are all things that we consider to be good traits. This Holy Spirit inspires in us these things.

When you think of spirituality you think of a Spirit, an Angel, a faith, a religion... now realize what the aims of these things are as I just defined them and try to disagree with the goal. If you can agree with the goal and agree with the definition of what is good, you should probably agree with the religion or system that inspires you to believe this.
inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby chowderpope » Sun May 21, 2017 3:21 am

It was a rhetorical question, but way to skirt around and focus on my misunderstanding you. I'm moving on and won't engage you again.
chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Next

Return to Individual Spirituality