Powered By Saaraan

How far does the rabbit hole go?

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby cactusjack543 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:56 am

darkness why is light so far away... come golly where are you all of you why so far away see that darkness we need to protect our food source....
I a only human 30 year prair to have a white picket fence with a nice spiritual healing lady golly... - ---.- 666:)....astoservemycity

Now just be quiet while my name plays you the opening theme to Mr. Dressup however one could give this all up so easely with women as bowned problem solver leading to lost of everything..
cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Kath » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:31 pm

short answer: "all the way down"
long answer: actually the long answer would be about a hundred lengthy discussions focusing on the deconstruction of the paradigms which your human experience has impaled your psyche with. So yeah, just "all the way down". If that sounds ominous, then don't go down it. If it sounds exhillarating, then by all means...

There is the issue though, that as you climb the mountain, you'll find yourself increasingly alone. Or put more in the vernacular, as your paradigm shifts, your common ground with other humans will for the most part erode.
Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby blindwake » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:51 pm

long answer: actually the long answer would be about a hundred lengthy discussions focusing on the deconstruction of the paradigms which your human experience has impaled your psyche with. So yeah, just "all the way down". If that sounds ominous, then don't go down it. If it sounds exhillarating, then by all means...

It's rare to find people that are willing to talk in depth on subjects, or listen. I find it repulsive how people would rather spend hours watching memes, rather than read a difficult book in the same time, just because memes are easier to digest in bite size proportions. Lots of easy things over one hard thing. Trouble is, it's impossible to fit a technical idea into a bite size cookie.

If you ever actually want to have those hundred lengthy discussions, then I'm all ears. Do you really feel like having those discussions though, if you feel you've already learned what you can from past ones?

There is the issue though, that as you climb the mountain, you'll find yourself increasingly alone. Or put more in the vernacular, as your paradigm shifts, your common ground with other humans will for the most part erode.

I've pretty much already reached that point of isolation. For example, it feels like I'm talking to children when I talk to most people about religion.
It's a moth and flame thing. I'd much rather burn myself up, and push my limits 'till I drop, then be bored by society forever.
I can't wake up. Can't kill the ideology.
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Cerber » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:40 pm

blindwake wrote:I've pretty much already reached that point of isolation. For example, it feels like I'm talking to children when I talk to most people about religion.
It's a moth and flame thing. I'd much rather burn myself up, and push my limits 'till I drop, then be bored by society forever.

You are not special, almost everyone here thinks he/she reached some sort of spiritual and intellectual superiority. Some are quite good at hiding it and still able to interact with the world outside of their bubble. You thought you were alone, but it turns out you are part of big community all along, surprise! [yay]
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby blindwake » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:26 pm

You are not special, almost everyone here thinks he/she reached some sort of spiritual and intellectual superiority. Some are quite good at hiding it and still able to interact with the world outside of their bubble. You thought you were alone, but it turns out you are part of big community all along, surprise! [yay]

I wouldn't go as far as to say that I'm intellectually or spiritually superior in some way. I find I'm just more open minded than most people I interact with. People tend to turn into gremlins when I converse about religion, abortion, or literally anything that actually matters. It's even worse when I'm talking in a group setting, as people tend to fall into herd thinking very quickly.

But what's the point of interacting outside your bubble if you have to hide yourself? At that point you're basically treating people as tools. Never connecting on a real level.
On a whole, I would still call this community quite isolated. There's maybe 10 consistently active members here.
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Cerber » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:08 pm

Well did you ever managed to connect to any human, I mean real deep honest connection?
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby blindwake » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:46 pm

The people where I live are very bitter. Small town. Religious. Odd mentality. Having an honest deep connection is synonymous with giving people ammunition to tear you down socially.

In part, yes, but never fully. In the end, it's not truly necessary to connect fully, but to get little bits of resource where you can. You can't expect any one person to be overly significant.
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Cerber » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:11 am

blindwake wrote:The people where I live are very bitter. Small town. Religious. Odd mentality. Having an honest deep connection is synonymous with giving people ammunition to tear you down socially.

In part, yes, but never fully. In the end, it's not truly necessary to connect fully, but to get little bits of resource where you can. You can't expect any one person to be overly significant.

Truly and fully deep connection comes with a price. I wouldn't do it with just anyone. Because you have turn off defences, like tearing down one wall of your house and you have rely on that other one to keep your house both warm and safe from pests, thieves and everything else you rather not have under your bed. And chain only as strong as strong it's weakest link. Or your house as clean as clean your dirtiest room mate, neighbour, or something like that.
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Cerber » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:50 pm

You do love dots, don't you? Few here and there would be plenty. Could you please try to keep tree casualties to a minimum? Thanks a bunch
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member

Previous

Return to Individual Spirituality