Powered By Saaraan

How far does the rabbit hole go?

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby blindwake » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:36 pm

How wide does the enlightened perspective get? I went from being a Christian with a belief that he knew everything, to an occultist that knows nothing. If I could open my perspective like that once, isn't it evident that I would have to do so yet again?

How far does the rabbit hole go? I feel like I'm following a progression very similar to Neo in the matrix. First he thought he knew everything about his world, then he disbelieved the truth, then when he believed, it was suddenly as if his world was like a dream. I can relate to being like Neo, before his life changed. I have to wonder if there are things which do not make sense, which are abound all the time, that I never notice. Surely when Neo was a citizen, trinity, morpheus, etc., were all still bending the environment, and doing the impossible. I must wonder then, if there are things like them that exist in this world too.

I've heard stories of magickians who gather on the astral plane, and have large orders of people. I wonder then if they must be organized at all on the physical plane. Franz Bardon mentions things such as levitation, walking on water, etc. There are fairy tales of necromancers that raise the dead. With evocation, I hear stories of people who say that they have evoked spirits to physical forms, in front of an audience. And this makes me wonder if the sword used in evocation has a practical purpose: to physically kill anything that shows up by accident or turns hostile (rather than it just being a symbol).

But there are people who also say that evocation only goes to a visual form, and that it's just a psychological hallucination. There are people who say that magick isn't actually strong enough to do things like walk on water, throw objects with your mind, etc. That it's all some "rule of attraction" or confirmation bias. But if we think that all the causal forces that exist, are just in the physical world, I have to wonder where this physical world came to begin with. If this world came from some other force, why couldn't that same force be used to undo the world, and change it? I am under the impression that people only say things are impossible because they have never seen them. But that isn't good reasoning, because if, for example, you look at Bardon's book IIH, one of the first things taught is Silence.

What things have you seen which go beyond reason? How far have you seen down the rabbit hole?

I feel like there's so much more than meets the eye. That this physical world is just another plane. Much like the ones people astral project to. I feel like I'm dreaming, but I can't wake up.
If we can visit the other worlds, can the other worlds not visit us?
If all brains are made roughly the same, then why do I perceive through my own? What special characteristic places me in this skull?
I do not move throughout the world. The engines do not move the ship, but the universe.
The law of synonyms: my experience is synonymous with my brain, I change my experience to change my brain. so I change the physical with my thoughts.
User avatar
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm
Location: I'm dreaming, but there's no wake.

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Shawn Blackwolf » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:49 pm

There is only one question I can give as an answer to that question...

How far do you want to go , and how much can your mind take in ?

And I have been witness to things most would not believe if they were not there... [thumbup]
Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Desecrated » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:51 pm

blindwake wrote:How wide does the enlightened perspective get? I went from being a Christian with a belief that he knew everything, to an occultist that knows nothing. If I could open my perspective like that once, isn't it evident that I would have to do so yet again?


Yes.
You can change your views on reality multiple times.

How far does the rabbit hole go? I feel like I'm following a progression very similar to Neo in the matrix. First he thought he knew everything about his world, then he disbelieved the truth, then when he believed, it was suddenly as if his world was like a dream. I can relate to being like Neo, before his life changed. I have to wonder if there are things which do not make sense, which are abound all the time, that I never notice. Surely when Neo was a citizen, trinity, morpheus, etc., were all still bending the environment, and doing the impossible. I must wonder then, if there are things like them that exist in this world too.


" I saw mountains as mountains, and rivers as rivers. When I arrived at a more intimate knowledge, I came to the point where I saw that mountains are not mountains, and rivers are not rivers. But now that I have got its very substance I am at rest. For it's just that I see mountains once again as mountains, and rivers once again as rivers."

I've heard stories of magickians who gather on the astral plane, and have large orders of people. I wonder then if they must be organized at all on the physical plane. Franz Bardon mentions things such as levitation, walking on water, etc. There are fairy tales of necromancers that raise the dead. With evocation, I hear stories of people who say that they have evoked spirits to physical forms, in front of an audience. And this makes me wonder if the sword used in evocation has a practical purpose: to physically kill anything that shows up by accident or turns hostile (rather than it just being a symbol).

But there are people who also say that evocation only goes to a visual form, and that it's just a psychological hallucination. There are people who say that magick isn't actually strong enough to do things like walk on water, throw objects with your mind, etc. That it's all some "rule of attraction" or confirmation bias. But if we think that all the causal forces that exist, are just in the physical world, I have to wonder where this physical world came to begin with. If this world came from some other force, why couldn't that same force be used to undo the world, and change it? I am under the impression that people only say things are impossible because they have never seen them. But that isn't good reasoning, because if, for example, you look at Bardon's book IIH, one of the first things taught is Silence.


There is two problems here. What is real? and what can I prove?
I can tell you about all sorts of wonderful things, but I might not be able to prove them to you.

I feel like there's so much more than meets the eye. That this physical world is just another plane. Much like the ones people astral project to. I feel like I'm dreaming, but I can't wake up.


Without being metaphysical; there is actually a lot going on right before your eyes that you don't even see. We can only see what we are focusing on.

If we can visit the other worlds, can the other worlds not visit us?


Ghosts, aliens, little people, werewolves. Our stories are absolutely full of things from other worlds visiting our world, and we visiting them and things from there manifesting over here and so on.
Beginners Book List
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39045

Information Resources
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=36162

Fundamental Development
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=37025
User avatar
Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:50 am
Location: The north

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Desecrated » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:34 pm

To "help" with your existential crisis:

Most spiritual system doesn't just believe in "reality" and the "other place". They have between 7 and 12 different planes of existence. And these are rarely linear. Meaning they don't start where the other end. You don't have to go to the end of the rainbow to reach your goal. These planes of existences overlaps and loop into each other, So your action/cause in this plane might influence or have affect in the others or all of them.

It becomes even worse if you start viewing Time as non-linear, and you end up with your future influencing your past and all of that.
I do like the "wheel of time" motif where everything simultaneously is, have happen, and will happen. It creates a neat determinism where our past is created by our future and our future is just a causality chain of your past. Or if you want to be more like Neo and create your own destiny instead of believing in fate, you end up with 11 dimensions and multiple universe, and that leads you down some really weird thought-patterns. It's also a fucking mess to keep track of.

However, I wouldn't recommend spending too much time thinking about these things. Most who do usually end up mad.
And in the end: magic is not about what you believe, but what you DO with that believe. Magic is a verb. So I find it much more useful to change my believes depending on what kind of results I want.
Beginners Book List
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39045

Information Resources
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=36162

Fundamental Development
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=37025
User avatar
Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:50 am
Location: The north

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby blindwake » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:38 pm

It's not an existential crisis. It's a mild confusion.

What you have said, is the core of my wonder: there is no discrete separation of "reality" and "the other place". Reality is a matter of what you are experiencing. It's wherever you're focused.
I treat dreams as actual environments that I travel to when I sleep, just as I treat this place as an environment for when I am awake. Neither is more "real".

I would argue that there are an endless number of planes, so it is futile to try and map them all, or understand them all. I agree, if you try anyway, you end up mad.
However, it is important to always maintain a basic strategy. A level of basic understanding is essential for being able to way-route throughout reality.
The best paradigm then, is not the most complicated one, but the simple one which applies to all things the same. Then you can use this knowledge wherever you go.
Still, a level of mental masturbation is required to end up at a distilled idea. You can't get a simple understanding like E=mc^2 without doing the proof first.
Whether you believe in fate or not is irrelevant. Existence is still deterministic whether you choose to use your power or just go with the flow. It's not up to you to make the choice. It's up to you to understand it.

The question is, if all the planes are interconnected like you suggest, then why haven't I seen anything that seems out of place? It's as if all the funky stuff is hiding from me, or I am hiding from it.
That's my confusion. Why this reality is so unspecial, yet I cannot seem to see beyond it.
I'm not trying to think hard at all. It's actually very simple. Am I living under a rock, and thus, do not see things? If so, why can't I detect the rock?

Correct. It's not the belief. It's the action. But I need to have a strategy, or no matter how much ammunition I have, I'm never going to make a dent on causing change.
I have a whole list of potential beliefs. Belief is a tool. A strategy which is applied during specific contexts. Yet, I seem to be missing the strategy for detecting the rock I'm living under.
How do I shoot down the veil which I cannot see?
If all brains are made roughly the same, then why do I perceive through my own? What special characteristic places me in this skull?
I do not move throughout the world. The engines do not move the ship, but the universe.
The law of synonyms: my experience is synonymous with my brain, I change my experience to change my brain. so I change the physical with my thoughts.
User avatar
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm
Location: I'm dreaming, but there's no wake.

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Nahemah » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:28 am

Rabbits are prey animals, how far does the wolf range?

Be your own master, not a servant of others, it goes as deep as you let it and as far as you are willing to go, but there are tarriffs and prices to pay, so what will you give to know?
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.


"I'm either a fucking genius or a purple Volkswagen Jetta."
- GeriBot


We live in a RAI N B O W of Chaos.

Paul Cezanne
User avatar
Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:49 pm
Location: Sunny Glasgow by the Clutha's side

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Rin » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:50 am

Dive in and find out for yourself. If you dedicate yourself to your spiritual pursuits and keep an open mind (but still, of course, a discerning one) as to what might be possible, you'll probably be surprised where the journey takes you.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett
User avatar
Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby blindwake » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:56 am

The wolf ranges forever. Feeding constantly like a burning fire, only stopping to make sure that it does not gain too much heat, thus burning its future, and preventing further feeding. There must be a cycle to things.
It is like tempered steel. Heated until it cannot take anymore suffering without causing permanent damage, then it is cooled, and it is tempered again, and again, and so on.

Well, it had occurred to me that the fastest way to escape reality would be death. However, if I died, that'd likely be a set back, as there must be a reason for me to be here now. I might as well stick to the cards I have right now, because I can't assume that any other hand would be any better.

The goal then, is not escape from the present reality, but to overcome it, such that I no longer need it, and it can no longer contain me. I may give anything I have, except for my power. Because without my power, I would not be able to prevent further reverse progress. I cannot be a sorcerer that makes pacts with demons, so to say, because I will always have to pay back the debt. The wise man does not take loans, but instead suffers greatly in order to grasp long term success, over short term success followed by a swift demise.

There can be no payment. You don't walk through the gate until you have trained enough to kill the gatekeeper, or make it so afraid of you (or at least respects you enough), that it waives the tax.
Wolves are not taxed. They are predators.
If all brains are made roughly the same, then why do I perceive through my own? What special characteristic places me in this skull?
I do not move throughout the world. The engines do not move the ship, but the universe.
The law of synonyms: my experience is synonymous with my brain, I change my experience to change my brain. so I change the physical with my thoughts.
User avatar
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm
Location: I'm dreaming, but there's no wake.

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Desecrated » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:32 pm

blindwake wrote:The question is, if all the planes are interconnected like you suggest, then why haven't I seen anything that seems out of place? It's as if all the funky stuff is hiding from me, or I am hiding from it.
That's my confusion. Why this reality is so unspecial, yet I cannot seem to see beyond it.
I'm not trying to think hard at all. It's actually very simple. Am I living under a rock, and thus, do not see things? If so, why can't I detect the rock?


Have you ever had a dream?
Have you ever closed your eyes and pretended to see something?
Have you ever stared at something long enough for it to change?


Yet, I seem to be missing the strategy for detecting the rock I'm living under.
How do I shoot down the veil which I cannot see?


You need to train to be able to do these things. Just like everything else.
Daily meditation, visualization exercises, energy work and so on.
Beginners Book List
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39045

Information Resources
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=36162

Fundamental Development
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=37025
User avatar
Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:50 am
Location: The north

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Cerber » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:35 pm

blindwake wrote:Well, it had occurred to me that the fastest way to escape reality would be death. However, if I died, that'd likely be a set back, as there must be a reason for me to be here now. I might as well stick to the cards I have right now, because I can't assume that any other hand would be any better.

Most probably yes, I believe. But it's not absolute, I believe there can be a handful of situations where death would be an appropriate way to "cut corners" or reset some mistakes if your entire existence focused on one single goal of some sort. Theoretically.

blindwake wrote:Wolves are not taxed.

Everyone is, just not everyone pay in the same currency. I believe.
Image
User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 3:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby blindwake » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:03 pm

Desecrated,

Yes, I've done dream manipulation. Yes, hard work is the strategy.
I seem to have moved off topic somehow though. My original inquiry was not supposed to be about how to see unworldly things, but why I'm not already seeing them.
That's the rock I'm living under. I'm trying to understand why, if all these things are possible, I'm not seeing them happen as a result of other people. Perhaps I just need to get out more often.

Cerber,

I'd imagine that if my body were damaged beyond repair, I'd be reaching for a knife. However, I'm not sure if it's quite correct to see development in linear time. The way I see it, no matter how long I'm alive, I could still reincarnate and become a person that lived during the same time as my old body. It would seem that not stopping 'till I drop, would always be the best option. Even something like life in prison would be basically a free meditation retreat (with a few twists [crazy] )

Yeah, everyone is taxed. But I think there's a difference between putting in the work, and cutting corners. Either you tax yourself hard, in order to improve, or someone else taxes you in order to let you stay the same.
If all brains are made roughly the same, then why do I perceive through my own? What special characteristic places me in this skull?
I do not move throughout the world. The engines do not move the ship, but the universe.
The law of synonyms: my experience is synonymous with my brain, I change my experience to change my brain. so I change the physical with my thoughts.
User avatar
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm
Location: I'm dreaming, but there's no wake.

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Desecrated » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:14 pm

blindwake wrote:Desecrated,

My original inquiry was not supposed to be about how to see unworldly things, but why I'm not already seeing them.


Because you haven't done enough work.
Beginners Book List
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39045

Information Resources
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=36162

Fundamental Development
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=37025
User avatar
Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:50 am
Location: The north

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Cerber » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:04 am

blindwake wrote:Yeah, everyone is taxed. But I think there's a difference between putting in the work, and cutting corners. Either you tax yourself hard, in order to improve, or someone else taxes you in order to let you stay the same.

There is no laws of Nature that prevents you from cutting corners. Only laws of Men, Gods and Demi's prevents you from doing that, at least trying. While Nature only expects you to respect the balance, whatever you do, and even with that She is fairly flexible.
Image
User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 3:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby blindwake » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:07 am

Desecrated, that's fair. I'll have to assume that all the existing magickians hide away in dungeons near the center of earth [thumbup]

Cerber, yes you can cut corners, but I was referring to how lots of people want an easy solution to their problems, and they consistently pay the stupid tax.
Cutting corners is a valid strategy, unless it means, for example, signing a pact that you can't get out of.
As another example, you can either find a valid way to get money, or you could be one of those people that spends all the money that they do have on gambling.

There's a big difference between being clever, and being lazy (unless being clever allows you to be lazy...)
If all brains are made roughly the same, then why do I perceive through my own? What special characteristic places me in this skull?
I do not move throughout the world. The engines do not move the ship, but the universe.
The law of synonyms: my experience is synonymous with my brain, I change my experience to change my brain. so I change the physical with my thoughts.
User avatar
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm
Location: I'm dreaming, but there's no wake.

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Desecrated » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:28 pm

blindwake wrote:Desecrated, that's fair. I'll have to assume that all the existing magickians hide away in dungeons near the center of earth [thumbup]


O god no. That would be a waste of time.

But lets say I want to manipulate you, I want to charm you. I don't want to show you my trick/technique as I'm doing it. I want you to feel like you where the one making the decision.
So it's not like people will just walk around the streets demonstrating their magic. that would defeat the purpose of learning it in the first place.
Beginners Book List
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39045

Information Resources
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=36162

Fundamental Development
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=37025
User avatar
Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:50 am
Location: The north

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby blindwake » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:55 pm

That's true. So, basically, magick just isn't strong enough to do any non-stealth type attacks?
Like, if I was some uber mage, and I wanted concubines, why wouldn't I just summon a bunch of undead skeletons to get them for me?
Or is it ultimately just easier to take the less flashy approach?

Your logic works with things like mind tricks, but it doesn't explain why I never see things like fireballs and chain lightning.
If all brains are made roughly the same, then why do I perceive through my own? What special characteristic places me in this skull?
I do not move throughout the world. The engines do not move the ship, but the universe.
The law of synonyms: my experience is synonymous with my brain, I change my experience to change my brain. so I change the physical with my thoughts.
User avatar
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm
Location: I'm dreaming, but there's no wake.

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Cerber » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:14 pm

If you need women it takes less effort to learn brainwashing, than to learn summoning and controlling bunch of skeletons to the level that you need to get acceptable results.
Image
User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 3:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby blindwake » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:20 pm

Yeah, brainwashing really isn't that tough. Seriously, it's just basic psychology. You don't even need to bring up occultism. Though, I hear cults are a very good way to get concubines [grin]
I'd imagine that somewhere, someone wants to control skeletons just for the hell of it.
If all brains are made roughly the same, then why do I perceive through my own? What special characteristic places me in this skull?
I do not move throughout the world. The engines do not move the ship, but the universe.
The law of synonyms: my experience is synonymous with my brain, I change my experience to change my brain. so I change the physical with my thoughts.
User avatar
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm
Location: I'm dreaming, but there's no wake.

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Cerber » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:26 pm

blindwake wrote:Yeah, brainwashing really isn't that tough. Seriously, it's just basic psychology. You don't even need to bring up occultism. Though, I hear cults are a very good way to get concubines [grin]
I'd imagine that somewhere, someone wants to control skeletons just for the hell of it.

"wants"? I'm sure most would want that.
But nobody would put that much effort, that much work in to anything just for "the hell of it".
Image
User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 3:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby blindwake » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:48 pm

Really? Ask yourself why you're alive right now if not just for the hell of it. Is there honestly any specific reason? For any reason, keep asking "why". I see existence as a cosmic joke.
If I decide I'm hellbent on having skeletons, you'd better believe I'm getting skeletons! [yay]
If all brains are made roughly the same, then why do I perceive through my own? What special characteristic places me in this skull?
I do not move throughout the world. The engines do not move the ship, but the universe.
The law of synonyms: my experience is synonymous with my brain, I change my experience to change my brain. so I change the physical with my thoughts.
User avatar
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm
Location: I'm dreaming, but there's no wake.

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Cerber » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:04 am

blindwake wrote:Really? Ask yourself why you're alive right now if not just for the hell of it. Is there honestly any specific reason? For any reason, keep asking "why". I see existence as a cosmic joke.
If I decide I'm hellbent on having skeletons, you'd better believe I'm getting skeletons! [yay]

Wrong address. I know fairly well why I am alive.
But I'm sorry you feel so lost about your life. Why don't you then put your energy and time in finding meaning to your humorous existence instead of trying to revive skeletons?
Image
User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 3:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby blindwake » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 am

I'm not lost. It's liberating to pick a meaning rather than inherit one. Cosmic joke is a hyperbole.
I was also kidding about the skeletons. The point is, in life, you've got to just pick something you want, and fight for it, no matter how difficult the path.
I am putting a large amount of effort into making a meaning, not finding one. Meaning is relative. Therefore, real meaning is to be useful for a being, whether that be yourself, or anyone else.
I want self mastery: perfect control over my reality, but with enough lenience to allow for collaborative creativity.
If all brains are made roughly the same, then why do I perceive through my own? What special characteristic places me in this skull?
I do not move throughout the world. The engines do not move the ship, but the universe.
The law of synonyms: my experience is synonymous with my brain, I change my experience to change my brain. so I change the physical with my thoughts.
User avatar
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm
Location: I'm dreaming, but there's no wake.

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Cerber » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:01 am

If you say so..
Image
User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 3:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby blindwake » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:13 am

[thumbup]
If all brains are made roughly the same, then why do I perceive through my own? What special characteristic places me in this skull?
I do not move throughout the world. The engines do not move the ship, but the universe.
The law of synonyms: my experience is synonymous with my brain, I change my experience to change my brain. so I change the physical with my thoughts.
User avatar
blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm
Location: I'm dreaming, but there's no wake.

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Postby Desecrated » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:23 pm

blindwake wrote:I'm not lost. It's liberating to pick a meaning rather than inherit one. Cosmic joke is a hyperbole.
I was also kidding about the skeletons. The point is, in life, you've got to just pick something you want, and fight for it, no matter how difficult the path.
I am putting a large amount of effort into making a meaning, not finding one. Meaning is relative. Therefore, real meaning is to be useful for a being, whether that be yourself, or anyone else.
I want self mastery: perfect control over my reality, but with enough lenience to allow for collaborative creativity.


It takes time.
It takes several attempts like this to get a little bit closer each time.
I argue online not because I think that I'm going to find the answers, but maybe I'll find a new way to express what I'm trying to say and that will make more sense to me. At least that day.
Beginners Book List
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39045

Information Resources
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=36162

Fundamental Development
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=37025
User avatar
Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:50 am
Location: The north

Next

Return to Individual Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Bridge by mehdiplugins.com