Powered By Saaraan

The Golden Dawn material

The Golden Dawn material

Postby neofight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:00 am

I just finished reading The Middle Pillar by I Regardie. I am waiting for my copy of a Garden of Pomegranates. Ive already studied the GD manuscript. I find the Middle Pillar to be extremely intro in content, mostly a pro-occult study/ceremonial guide, without much comment on what to expect, or how to overcome the "shadow" that Chic and Tabitha comment on later. I mean, what is this "shadow"? it can mean anything- at any time I could either be a shadow, or standing in light- it is up to me to decide, and I could do this at any time- even in the beginning. There doesn't seem to be any particular destination in mind for these authors. There also seems to be lacking a number of necessary magickal ideas to work with, even in the GD manuscript. If you want to chant Divine names without even understanding what you are doing, then this is fine- but it is the meaning of these name which matter, and they don't bother explaining them. The GD manuscript was undecipherable to me until I read Understanding Thoth Tarot by DuQuette- which honestly showed what these things mean, and he did it in a clean and concise, useful method that the GD script totally ignores. I really see now why the GD failed. Crowleys system of magick is far superior. Im holding back judgment until I read pomegranates. Im still looking for "the" book that gives me all the definitions and options. [rage]
neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Golden Dawn material

Postby chowderpope » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:57 pm

quit being a coward and do the entirety of Initiation into Hermetics
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!
chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby neofight » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:25 am

LOL@the idea that I am a coward. [rofl]
neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby chowderpope » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:03 am

fight me then [rofl]

jk gimme kiss

but for real i suggest actually trying the MP rather than just reading and critiquing from a head space. the milk and cookies is in the practice.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!
chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Return to Ceremonial Magick