Powered By Saaraan

Aleister Crowley's Bartzabel Working

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:43 pm

Original post: John S. Brackett

Next week I am going to evoke Bartzabel, using Crowley's ceremony in "The Vision and the Voice," with the exception of not having a human mouthpiece for the spirit of Mars. I am going to tape record the ceremony to see if I can capture Bartzabel's voice.

My question: How many magicians in this forum have used Crowley's ceremony in "The Vision and the Voice?" If so was it successful? Any comments are welcome.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:58 am

Original post: hitman777

I have worked with Bartzabel. I haven't used Crowley's ceremony for it, and I didn't use a human mouthpiece. (Hard to find a willing candidate oftentimes!)
Nothing against the ritual, it's just not how I would have done it. I use conjuration purely to get them there. And if I'm doing it right, a lot of the time, during summoning them (I realize that for everybody while INvoking something, something else takes over and inspires them, but it also happens for me during Evocation, go figure) I usually start off with some cut and dried conjurations, until SOMETHING just starts speaking for me and makes whatever it is I'm trying to call hear me and RESPOND.
Because of this, I don't really bother to compose poetic conjurations.
Like all of the planetary spirits, Bartzabel can be a handful IF YOU DON'T REALIZE IN ADVANCE THE DANGER HE COULD EVEN POTENTIALLY POSE AND PLAN FOR THAT.
If you call something, make sure you can control it. Otherwise, it might give you adverse results (which can be good as a learning experience), or it might just ignore you (which is one of the worst things that can happen, for me anyway. I'd rather have a spirit rebel so I had to "beat" it into submission than to ignore me.)
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:14 am

Original post: John S. Brackett

IF YOU DON'T REALIZE IN ADVANCE THE DANGER HE COULD EVEN POTENTIALLY POSE AND PLAN FOR THAT.

I really appreciate the feedback on Bartzabel. I have a lot of experience in evoking demons, planetary spirits, elementals, etc., so I'm not too worried about this one, although I NEVER evoked it. This is not to say that I'm an expert in ceremonial magic--I think it takes a lifetime of work for that. It is always good to be reminded, though, about the dangers of evoking spirits, better to have another magician remind me than a spirit. I just started to tape record my ceremonies in hopes of capturing a spirit's voice, and if I succeed, I'll post the sounds on my homepage and provide a link for others like you. I'm using Crowley's ceremony, because I think it might provide better results than the ones I usually use.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Return to Ceremonial Magick