Powered By Saaraan

The Watchtower Ritual

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:28 pm

Original post: FraterTMPC

Alright, In many books and places online I have seen the Opening and Closing by watchtower to be given to beginers as a way to open and close ceremonies. Kraigs Modern Magick gives a little word of caution on the enochian system, and then goes to say that he's no expert on the system, yet encourages people to use the Opening and Closing by watchtower. In Summoning Spirits Konstantinos (sp) also pushes this ritual on the beginer.

Is this safe? I have always had the impression that enochian magick was a synthesis of several other forms of magick and thus required many years study in the Q.B.L, Tarot, and others to fully understand. Also I've heard enochian magick to be quite dangerous to one who does not understand it fully. I don't believe the GD gave information on the enochian system until the second order, though I may be mistaken.

So my questions are, firstly, is the watchtower ritual safe for a beginer, and two, if so, why is enochian magick generally reserved for more advanced magicians if a neophyte can succesfully work with this system, and three what of the enochian apocalypse, and finally, who here thinks that the enochian beings are not angels, but rather nephilim?

To be honest I dont' completely trust the enochian system right now, but all of the rituals I wish to do other than the LBRP, MP, Rose Cross, and BRH all have elements of enochian in them, and almost all begin and end with the watchtowers. Do I have any justification to be so weary of this system? I know that P.F.C thought it to be an abomination and left it out of the BOTA's work, maybe he was onto something?
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:17 pm

Original post: Frater Manjet

[QUOTE=FraterTMPC]Is this safe? I have always had the impression that enochian magick was a synthesis of several other forms of magick and thus required many years study in the Q.B.L, Tarot, and others to fully understand. Also I've heard enochian magick to be quite dangerous to one who does not understand it fully. I don't believe the GD gave information on the enochian system until the second order, though I may be mistaken.[/QUOTE]I do not approach or consider Enochian a synthesis, but subsidary studies such as Tarot, Astrology etc... are very valuable in it pursuit. For example if you were to evoke an Air Senior of Mars being well founded in your understanding of Air and Mars will be invaluable to your operation.[QUOTE=FraterTMPC]So my questions are, firstly, is the watchtower ritual safe for a beginer,[/QUOTE]I would not recommend the "Opening by watchtower" to a novice at all. I have found the Enochian current highly inertial and it can steamroll even competent magickians myself included LOL!
[QUOTE=FraterTMPC] and two, if so, why is enochian magick generally reserved for more advanced magicians if a neophyte can succesfully work with this system,[/QUOTE]See above.
[QUOTE=FraterTMPC] and three what of the enochian apocalypse, and finally, who here thinks that the enochian beings are not angels, but rather nephilim?[/QUOTE]This is a source of debate among many Enochian magickians and will probably be so for quite some time. I will not discuss my personal opinions as I am not confident enough to say with any real conviction one way or the other. Tyson felt very strongly along thses lines.[QUOTE=FraterTMPC]To be honest I dont' completely trust the enochian system right now, but all of the rituals I wish to do other than the LBRP, MP, Rose Cross, and BRH all have elements of enochian in them, and almost all begin and end with the watchtowers. Do I have any justification to be so weary of this system? I know that P.F.C thought it to be an abomination and left it out of the BOTA's work, maybe he was onto something? [/QUOTE]Once again this is a matter of opinion, but I will restate that I feel a solid foundation of magickal work is essential in operating with this current.

- VVV (210/3)
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:37 pm

so if I were to modify rituals of the GD by taking out the enochian aspects and adding more kabbalistic aspects what would be the estimated results? Would this ruin the ritual? IE: Opening more complex rituals with LBRP and BRH rather than Watchtowers?
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:19 pm

Original post: Nero

[QUOTE=FraterTMPC]so if I were to modify rituals of the GD by taking out the enochian aspects and adding more kabbalistic aspects what would be the estimated results? Would this ruin the ritual? IE: Opening more complex rituals with LBRP and BRH rather than Watchtowers?[/QUOTE]
I am confused. What in the world do you need to do that is so complex that you cannot use just use pentagram and hexagram rituals?

You do not have to use GD style rituals at all. There are plenty of rituals out there that do not use enochian, or you can just make your own.

Not to be an ass but it sounds like you are trying to get too far ahead of yourself. If you were at the point where you needed these rituals you could handle the enochian contained in them. If you couldn't for some reason you would still be at the point where you would know how to modify the ritual the way it needed to be done. It is your path so I have no say but you do not have to rush. You have all the time in the world. Slow and careful won the race.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:16 am

well for one I wish to concectrate my elemental tools, and have not seen any rituals anywhere for this which do not use enochian, also I'd like to start doing the Neophyte Ritual, me as the candidate and visualizing (or trying to) all of the other stations doing their jobs to help with my initiation into the GD current. Aside from that I feel that if what I am using is only a lesser ritual I should also have the Supreme version handy, but the Supreme Rituals of the pentegram use enochian. I am just trying to determine early one what will be needed to do in order to make this rituals work for me should I need them soon.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:55 pm

[QUOTE=FraterTMPC]well for one I wish to concectrate my elemental tools, and have not seen any rituals anywhere for this which do not use enochian,[/quote]It has been awhile since I have read Summoning Spirits but I believe he consecrates the tools using hebrew divine names combined with the MP. If I am mistaken then that is an alternative you could use without enochian.

[QUOTE=FraterTMPC]also I'd like to start doing the Neophyte Ritual, me as the candidate and visualizing (or trying to) all of the other stations doing their jobs to help with my initiation into the GD current.[/quote]I do not recall any enochian in the Neophyte ritual. I will have to go back and look. I know enochian is in the elemental grades but I just do not remember it in the Neophyte ritual but it may be.

[QUOTE=FraterTMPC]Aside from that I feel that if what I am using is only a lesser ritual I should also have the Supreme version handy, but the Supreme Rituals of the pentegram use enochian. I am just trying to determine early one what will be needed to do in order to make this rituals work for me should I need them soon.[/QUOTE]Whoa, back that train up. Just because the word "lesser" is in the title does not mean it is less than the "greater" ritual. Stick with the LBRP for now. Do a search on both rituals I remember several posts on the subject. It should clear up any confusion you may have.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:10 pm

I do not think the Neophyte ritual has any enochian in it other than the opening of the temple with the Enochian Words, Hekas! etc..

As far as concencration goes, I have not fully read Summoning Spirits so I will read over the part of concencrating the elemental weapons tonight.

I thank you for your help but still have a question and that is is it advisable to alter rituals from the original GD to suit my needs without enochian? I am not educated enough yet in the arts to create my own rituals.

Also, I will be attending a BOTA function this upcoming sunday to see if it's for me, knowing they do not use enochian.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:26 pm

Original post: YHVH

"I do not think the Neophyte ritual has any enochian in it other than the opening of the temple with the Enochian Words, Hekas! etc.."

For god's sake, Hekas hekas este bebeloi is Greek!
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:13 pm

Original post: Grab

Yeah, it sounds greek to me.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:24 pm

YHVH - Thank you for pointing that out, I know nothign of greek and have only seen that wording used in GD rituals, and in enochian rituals so I made a rather faulty assumption. However, I don't think there was any need for you to put it in such a way that it makes it seem common knowledge especially to someone who is only now starting serious study.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:39 pm

[QUOTE=FraterTMPC]I do not think the Neophyte ritual has any enochian in it other than the opening of the temple with the Enochian Words, Hekas! etc..[/quote]Yes I believe it is greek. It is really not important. It is just a standard opener for traditional GD rituals. Roughly it means Go Far Far Away, or something similer. It has no power in and of itself it is just a warning to any nearby spirits that some work is about to go on and that they had better leave or they will be banished.

[QUOTE=FraterTMPC] thank you for your help but still have a question and that is is it advisable to alter rituals from the original GD to suit my needs without enochian? I am not educated enough yet in the arts to create my own rituals.[/quote]Yes of course you can alter the rituals to suit your needs. I would try and keep them within the GD framework if that is the current you wish to work with, otherwise the sky is the limit.

The best advice I can give you is you must realize that you are now a spiritual scientist. Read others research. Try to repeat their results. Then make slight changes and see what the effects are. Repeat.

[QUOTE=FraterTMPC]Also, I will be attending a BOTA function this upcoming sunday to see if it's for me, knowing they do not use enochian.[/QUOTE]Excellent. I know very little about them but I have heard nothing but good things about BOTA. I do know the founder removed all enochian from it because he thought it was a danger. I agree that it can be a danger but I also think it can be worked with safely when you are ready.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:53 pm

Original post: Crucible of Light

"Hekas Hekas Este Bebeloi" means "Begone, Begone, All Profane Ones", roughly speaking. In any case, Frater TMPC, it sounds a little like you're trying to run before you can walk. If you're following Kraig's course, you wouldn't be consecrating your tools until you'd completed all four elemental attunations, and the impression I get is that's an appropriate time to start with Enochian.

Of course, I kind of ignored that myself, but in very specific ways that I ensured I understood before I leapt in.

That said, magic is an experiential artform - if you're unsure, often the best way to become sure is through work and experimentation. You'll learn faster that way - just make sure you're confidant in your banishing rituals and fear not, for fear is the forerunner of failure.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:05 pm

well I don't so much follow kraigs course as I do use it as a basis for my own course (which has yet to be plotted). I suppose I am jumping into things too suddenly, but to be honest the same three rituals are getting very repetative and I am looking for something new and exciting. I have been working with the LBRP, MP, and BRH for almost a year now as well as reading everything I can get my hands on about the Caballah and so forth. I feel completey ready to take the next step, but am not quite sure what the next step is. Enochian magick intrigues me a great deal, but also scares me a great deal, and it is because of the latter that I will not be attempting any anytime soon. I have no need for envoking any entity so I think learning evocation at this point is not what I need to be doing. I don't know... i guess my ignorance of the orgins and meaning of Hekas Heka Este Bebeloi shows me my next course of action, and that will be to learn some other languages and read more, so that I will not seem as an utter n00b when I attempt to have a conversation with someone about the occult.

As far as the attunement of the elements goes: This is something that I must do, and soon! But I have yet to find a method of doing this which I like. Kraigs plan is not in my tastes right now. Basicly I find his methods to be lacking... almost too simplistic.

I would like to scry and travel in the spirit vision, but the GD's method is highly complex right now, and my knowlege of hebrew and gematria is lacking, so maybe that is my next course of education. Yes, i believe I will learn hebrew and gematria, as they are intricate in kabbalistic work.

Sorry, just rambling now.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:57 pm

Original post: Fr.NovumOrganum

[QUOTE=FraterTMPC]well for one I wish to concectrate my elemental tools, and have not seen any rituals anywhere for this which do not use enochian, also I'd like to start doing the Neophyte Ritual, me as the candidate and visualizing (or trying to) all of the other stations doing their jobs to help with my initiation into the GD current. Aside from that I feel that if what I am using is only a lesser ritual I should also have the Supreme version handy, but the Supreme Rituals of the pentegram use enochian. I am just trying to determine early one what will be needed to do in order to make this rituals work for me should I need them soon.[/QUOTE]
You can use Levi's elemental work combined with invoking hexagrams quite effectively for consecration purposes.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:16 pm

I will add that if you are planning on following the GD tradition you won't be consecrating your elemental tools until after you pass Portal. The creation and consecration of the elemental weapons is usualy reserved as Adepts work. That being said don't let it stop you as I find that their creation is a great aspect of attuning to the elemental grades. You will however most likely wish to make new ones upon reaching Z.A.M. (just my two copper)

- VVV (210/3)
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:33 pm

I feel compelled to restate Frater Nero here. The "Lesser/Greater Banishing Ritual" is a misnomer that many fall into. The L(B/I)RP and S(B/I)RP are two completely different rituals. I will highly suggest you not be so quick to set aside the L(B/I)RP. It is an elegant ritual that will continue to grow with you in ways the S(B/I)RP won't.

You really won't need the S(B/I)RP or "Opening by Watchtower" for some time from the sounds of it.

- VVV (210/3)
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:37 pm

Original post: Grab

[QUOTE=Fr.NovumOrganum]You can use Levi's elemental work combined with invoking hexagrams quite effectively for consecration purposes.[/QUOTE]
Please elaborate how to combine the invoking hexagrams with the elements.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:51 pm

The elemental hexagrams attune the planetary aspects within each quarter of their respective elements. This is especially notable in regards to the Seniors and Solar Kings of the watchtowers.

- VVV (210/3)
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:46 pm

Original post: Ricky12

guys is it really essential to start with the watchtower ritual when evoking entites..what would hapen if i start directly with lbrp brh and then conjuration..
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Watchtower Ritual

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:22 pm

Original post: Fr.NovumOrganum

Yes, one can simply draw the invoking hexagram for the elements in each quater for the weapon one is consecrating.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Return to Ceremonial Magick