Powered By Saaraan

Circulation of the Body of Light

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:27 pm

Original post: Gmck13

My question is about the circulation of the body of light, after the middle pillar ritual, as instructed in Donald Micheal Kraigs modern magick. After one circulates the light around the sides of the body(counter clockwise), and down the front and up the back, one is instructed to wrap the light completely around the body from the feet to the head(counter clockwise). The only thing that I dont understand is that he says to circulate the light counter clockwise.

To me I think it would make more since to wrap the light clockwise. Every thing else in the ritual is done clock wise, such as the circle in the LBRP. Also it would go with the flow of nature, clockwise/sunwise.

Anyways, if anyone has any thoughts on this I would love to hear them.

Peace and Love.

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:17 am

Original post: Frater C.

The "wrapping" circulation is only counter clockwise when seen from above. When viewed from below, from Malkuth, the light travels clockwise up the body.

The "wrapping" circulation first appeared in Regardie's book "The Middle Pillar". In later publications, like "The One Year Manual" and "The Art of True Healing", he substituted it with the fountain circulation. As far as I know Regardie never intended the "wrapping" and the fountain circulations to be used together, and in my own practice I don't bother with the "wrapping".
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:58 am

Thanks for the help Frater C.

I suppose it goes the same for circulating the light down and up the sides of the body. In that case Im guessing it would be like laying down on ones back.

Peace and Love
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:32 am

Original post: ASh Abraxas

You can think about the counterclockwise motion as if you are charging the energy/light around you...like a wind-up toy you must turn it against its natural motion in order to animate it.

Frater C also makes a good point about the point of reference...though the question of what is Malkuth comes to mind....are you standing on Malkuth or are you becoming Malkuth in order to ascend the Tree?

In the end, you make your own reality so adopt whatever theory (or create your own) that works for you.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:11 pm

[QUOTE=ASh Abraxas;267232]You can think about the counterclockwise motion as if you are charging the energy/light around you...like a wind-up toy you must turn it against its natural motion in order to animate it.

Frater C also makes a good point about the point of reference...though the question of what is Malkuth comes to mind....are you standing on Malkuth or are you becoming Malkuth in order to ascend the Tree?

In the end, you make your own reality so adopt whatever theory (or create your own) that works for you.[/QUOTE] I thought of the wind up idea before and Im not sure I like the idea, for whatever reason. It seems like it would be more "animate" if you went ahead and made the circulation clockwise. But I do appreciate the help. :)

I suppose what I have so far, is that whether or not the circulation is clockwise or counterclockwise is where you are viewing the light from. Though what youve said about malkuth made me think a little.

Peace and Love
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:59 pm

...though the question of what is Malkuth comes to mind....are you standing on Malkuth or are you becoming Malkuth in order to ascend the Tree?

As I see it the first two circulations are meant to bring down and circulate the energy of Kether, tapped and originating from the Ain Soph Aur. The third circulation, whether it be the wrapping or fountain type, is focused on arousing the force dwelling in Malkuth, to which some occultists attribute the Muladhara Chakra and the Kundalini energy.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:26 pm

Original post: ASh Abraxas

[QUOTE=Frater C.;267283]As I see it the first two circulations are meant to bring down and circulate the energy of Kether, tapped and originating from the Ain Soph Aur. The third circulation, whether it be the wrapping or fountain type, is focused on arousing the force dwelling in Malkuth, to which some occultists attribute the Muladhara Chakra and the Kundalini energy.[/QUOTE]

Sure, I see your logic. My point was simply that there are many ways of cognizing the experience, but the important thing is the experience itself and not the rational/cerebral logic behind it. Clockwise or Counter clockwise doesn't really matter as you can explain the chosen direction in a myriad of ways.

I find the correspondences between body sephiroth and chakras fascinating. Though we cant exactly say that the 7 major Easter Chakras = Sephiroth, there is an underlying universality amongst both systems. For one, the Sephiroth during the middle pillar exercise are larger and located closer in relation to your organs (almost projecting in front of the body) whereas the Chakras are closer to the spine. However, the size of Sephiroth during the middle pillar account for this difference as well as the numeric differences (7=5).

At least in my practices of the Middle Pillar, I've found that Kether is a large sphere of energy that can activate both the Shagasrara and Ajna Chakras. Da'ath seems to be the smallest and most localized partially activating the Vishuddi Chakra. Tiphareth is the largest and most intense sphere and it seems to resonate in both the Anahata and Manipura Chakras. While Yesod is quite small and hits the Svadhisthana Chakra. Though the Regardie version of the MP, places Malkuth in the ankles, I've found that when practiced in lotus or dragon asana the sphere tends to resonate in the ankles and basal chakra thus activating Muladhara...Of course, we are presented with the interesting inversion of energy flow (top down in MP, and down-up in Kundalini) which leads me to value the experience of circulating energy and activating energy centers over the nuances of directionality... Anyway, have you had a similar experience?
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:57 pm

Clockwise or Counter clockwise doesn't really matter as you can explain the chosen direction in a myriad of ways.

My humble view is that it does matter. The visualizations are supposed to be symbolic and then have to fit into a symbolic system that you are using. In that system deosil or widdershins can have very different meanings. In the G.D. for example, one denotes invoking a force, the other banishing, as in the circumambulations contained in the initation rituals of the Order. These circumambulations are to a great degree also connected with the circulations of light in the Middle Pillar Exercise as seen in the Z-documents and I think also explained by Regardie in one of his books.

Anyway, have you had a similar experience?

My knowledge of the chakras is quite limited, and I've only worked with them practically on a few occasions. I'm more of a Sephiroth kinda guy :). Theoretically however, I think I'm more leaning towards including the side pillars of the Tree when attributing the chakras to the Tree of Life like Crowley, Fortune and Regardie does, rather than just linking them to the Sephiroth of the Middle Pillar.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:58 pm

Original post: Rawiri

On the case of chakras, I would like to point out one certain analogy, which fits far better than just applying the middle pillar to chakras. Malkuth is indeed placed at a different place, but overall has rather similar properties as to that of Muladhara.
Now then in my experience if one is to place the chakras with the tree, the best way is done as follows...others may disagree, very well. However, we can keep Malkuth with Muladhara, Yesod can also stay with Svadhisthana very well, both being associated with the same region, moon etc. Then basically, we 'squash' the two sephirah on each pillar into the middle pillar. So the next one up, for Manipura, we would 'squash' together both Netzach and Hod. Then Tiphareth is assigned to Anahata. Chesed and Geburah can be squashed together to form Vishuddha, Chockmah and Binah to form Ajna chakra and finally Kether for Sahasrara. These are not 'precise' (as things rarely are when comparing systems) but they are more accurate IMO, as well, it all conveniently adds upto 7.--Just something to consider.

Concerning the actual post, I do not normally use the 'ribbon' circulation when doing the MPR, as the fountain achieves what is aimed at well enough I believe. However, consider that going counter-clockwise would be banishing, which would be the removal of 'malkuth' so that Kether can descend.
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:06 pm

Original post: Aeternus

I like to call the "ribbon" or "wrapping" circulation the slithering circulation; almost as if there was some sort of snake slithering up my body towards Kether.

Thus, our psychic exercises, and esoteric meditations are designed to prepare our minds, bodies, and consciousness for the liberation of the Secret Fire buried deep inside us. Through a progressive cleansing of the blood, nervous system, and endocrine glands, the â??chainsâ?? of the Vital Energy upon the Secret Fire are reduced and eliminated, allowing the ever present power and energy, a veritable pressure waiting to be released, to spring into action. Thus, the Serpent doesnâ??t really sleep, it is we who are asleep to its presence and potential blessing.

--Mark Stavish (Secret Fire: The relationship Between Kundalini, Kabbalah and Alchemy)

[url="http://www.levity.com/alchemy/secret-fire.html"]http://www.levity.com/alchemy/secret-fire.html[/url]
Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Return to Ceremonial Magick