Powered By Saaraan

Are you authentic?

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

Re: Are you authentic?

Postby Thaumaturgic Theorist » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:53 pm

neofight wrote:This topic represents the kinds of things I think about. It seems like most occultists are simply non-committal folk that want liberty in a world that has restrictions. It almost feels like wandering around a group of lost souls. Fear of committing to an ideal is not liberty, it is loss. When a person has a goal or perception to work with, they are able to accomplish, and acquiring is what I want to do- and it would seem that this is what magic is supposed to be about. It might be a vulnerability to have a want- but without it, I might as well not exist. Also it appears that when pressed, people with this kind of attitude will subtly admit that there is a foundation out there, but have simply not put it into words just yet. Isn't discovering and acquiring the whole reason to study possibility? I don't personally want to wander around in an amoral haze where I do not allow myself to believe anything. This kind of attitude sounds like the actions of someone that has fallen to pain or failure, and is trying to avoid feeling the defeat of that loss again. In the grand scheme of life, it doesn't represent what it takes to survive, and I don't think it is logical, or natural, or philosophically sound.

Preach, brother!
Thaumaturgic Theorist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Shawn Blackwolf » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:07 pm

Two peas in a pod...go have a beer together , unless you are the same person !
Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby neofight » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:51 pm

finally [yay]
neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Shawn Blackwolf » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:38 am

Don't you *dare* preach...but I am glad you feel validated... [wink]
Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Cybernetic_Jazz » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:29 am

First time I'd actually have to say wow - I'm glad I slept on this thread till tonight. OP was fiaah!

And thanks for reminding some of the rest of us, way behind enemy lines and surrounded by apes and ape doody on all sides, that what we intuitively feel makes sense after all and that we're not crazy, or at least on this account! There really is a beautiful mathematical geometry to the core message of living in peace!

More precise words have hardly been spoken.

Thanks for the spot of sunshine between shitstorms. :)
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.
Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Cybernetic_Jazz » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:35 am

Ape doody-covered ponchos aside though...

I really can't help but think of cognition and awareness as something that crackles through all of nature and whatever we experience right now, wherever we are, is the weather of being.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.
Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby Daud » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Authenticity is relative, as it is a designation, like self and all phenomenon it is empty of any inherent existence. What is authentic to me is not to you. Authenticity, to 'me', is to live without deceiving yourself and know true existence, unborn awareness with no stains or false perceptions.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa
Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby neofight » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:52 am

two hands
a head
two eyes
a mouth
a nose
two legs
SEX ORGANS!!!

the need for shelter.
neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby neofight » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:45 am

Duty is the highest calling.

Love is the highest Spirit.

When it comes to Duty, we should do this with the perfect Spirit of Love.

Anything else is compromising Truth of Good in the value of the Good of the words that are True to Man and their survival, and joy of experiencing.
neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Previous

Return to Individual Spirituality