Powered By Saaraan

Is Hinduism Satanism?

Luciferian, Goetia, Lovecraftian,Theistic and Atheistic Satanism.

Is Hinduism Satanism?

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:53 pm

Original post: Arckangel

If so, Satanism is larger than I thought.

In chapter 10 of the Bhagavad-Gita, Krishna declares, "I am the prince of demons." The Bible identifies the "prince of demons" as HaSatan, or Satan.

Some people see a link between Kali and Satan.

Occult Forum Archive
Scribe
Scribe

Is Hinduism Satanism?

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Original post: Venefica

Eh no. First of all the Asian idea of Demons is not the same as the Christian one. In Christianity a Demon is a fallen Angel that sides with Lucifer in the War in Heaven. In most parts of Asian a Demon is any evil, dangerous or unfriendly supernatural being. So no Hinduism and Satanism is not the same, not by a long shot.

As for Kali, there is no link between her and Satan. She has never been in conflict with the higher ranking Gods of the Hindu pantheon, she is a welcome part of it, she is a symbol of life being a circle of death and rebirth as she is the great mother and also the great destroyer. Satan or Lucifer was an Angel, God's right hand, he rebelled and was cast out. His archetype is the Divine rebel, he is neither a creator nor a destroyer. The two Gods have nothing in common save a tendency to be painted as scary monsters.
Occult Forum Archive
Scribe
Scribe

Is Hinduism Satanism?

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:15 pm

Original post: Skeptismo118

Short answer: No.

Long answer: While Hinduism is non-Satanic in that it is a completely seperate tradition in its own right, there are concepts, methods and insights that ban be fruitfully gained by the would-be Satanist from this tradition. In particular investigation the practices of yoga and the Initiatory path of the various vama marg schools.

Additionally the Christo-Islamic tendency to assume that any faith which is not their's must be the Devil's Work has certainly influenced their encounters with Hinduism and demonized the faith considerably. Perhaps the best example of this was the British interaction with the Thugee in India.
Occult Forum Archive
Scribe
Scribe

Is Hinduism Satanism?

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:28 pm

Original post: Venefica

Hell if we are going by what the Christians think then I am a Satanist, my mother is one, hell my hamster is not Christian so she is probably a Satanist to. :O
Occult Forum Archive
Scribe
Scribe

Is Hinduism Satanism?

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:37 pm

Original post: Illuminaughty

The only link seems to be the archetype imagined, all is fantasy but I'd really love to see a chick with many arms and disheveled blood smeared hair, I would cavort with her.

Some feel the need to use static examples and that is fine, through involvement and practice one realizes early on that these physical representations are just that to evoke other feelings, they are a tool, but you already knew that, so that is why you pour chum into the ocean.
Occult Forum Archive
Scribe
Scribe

Is Hinduism Satanism?

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:45 pm

Original post: Skeptismo118

Venefica;373137 wrote:Hell if we are going by what the Christians think then I am a Satanist, my mother is one, hell my hamster is not Christian so she is probably a Satanist to. :O

I know, it seems like an amazingly weird perceptual universe to live in, yet a lot of people do it every day.

Hell, ever see or read any of the stuff about secret Satanic messages in Children's Cartoons that was so popular in the 1980s?
Occult Forum Archive
Scribe
Scribe

Is Hinduism Satanism?

Postby Occult Forum Archive » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:51 pm

Original post: Arckangel

Yeah. I got that from Christian websites. Anything non-Christian is Satanic to them... NOT that being Satanic is a bad thing. THEY see it as a bad thing. Period.

Yeah. The Smurfs... It was full of magick and witches, like Harry Potter. That's why.
Occult Forum Archive
Scribe
Scribe

Return to Satanist