Powered By Saaraan

Chaos magick, Khaos, Discordian

Postby 66dragonfly66 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Im michael, never used a forum before.

This topic could get really lengthy. The magick of horus uses opposites, so the use of gender, male and female are really central to the practice. we can see it all over the place in other places, gods and their consorts, the yin and yang. I think most of our usage is actually about the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system, the the child horus is either the energy released through engaging paradox, or it is the illumination that results with two contradictory processes. But as we know, the wiccans and many other occultists have created duotheism in a way that is near inescapable, i mean, some sort of orthodox or orthopraxy.

I am not trying to oppose these practices, because it seems pretty clear that i have found some way to work with duality, but i am wondering what role duality places in other peoples majik practices, like if it can be used to induce vacuous space for invocations, or evocations, because i assume what we call polarity is actually our own ability to project (in a jungian sense ) onto our world, and this process is something we do constantly about giving the world meaning, and for our internal questions manifesting in ways that allow our conscious mind to deal with them with our body (instead of resolving internal issues, past life stuff, or karma whatever through hypnosis). Sorry if that statement needs more unpacking, I am still figuring it out (projection that is).

My main question though is this, and is seemingly unrelated. If we can conjure results into this world, either thru attuning to a possibility (another dimension) or projecting our will onto the future, we can also do this for ourselves right? hex ourselves right? I am wondering because I have alot of gender confusion and seeing as we have both positive and negative within us helps, but does not resolve my external issues. I want to create a projection of energy outside myself that i can internalize that will resolve this issue, but in a tangible way, like altering my hormonal balances. And i want to know what others thing about this.
66dragonfly66
Neophyte
Neophyte

Re: gender

Postby Madavascus » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:29 am

Dear 66dragonfly66,

Some of us have recently discussed the possibility (or impossibility) of gender change in this thread: http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=32287

If I understand your question correctly, you're asking if it is possible to invoke masculine or feminine energies into yourself to the point that it can, by the agency of these said energies, affect a tangible change in your hormonal system?
Incipit Chaos!
Madavascus
Adept
Adept

Postby reptilian » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:51 am

I don't really focus on duality. I tend to see things as large webs of infinite complexity, and sometimes I focus on the idea of singularity. In fact, I tend to be very repulsed by dualistic thinking.

In regards to gender, gender issues and "changes" whether physical, mental, or emotional are not something I have been able to effect magically, except as a vague kind of "side effect" of invocation. For hormonal changes, I wouldn't rule out the possibility, but I wouldn't expect much either. Altering bodily processes is tricky and requires not only intimate knowledge of all the factors involved in producing the change, but some level of realization as to how you will be effected, short and long term.
If you are experiencing gender dysphoria (which I am extremely familiar with, personally) I would recommend cognitive therapy, meditation, and if the issues cannot otherwise be resolved, hormone therapy.
reptilian
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Madavascus » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:24 am

reptilian wrote:In regards to gender, gender issues and "changes" whether physical, mental, or emotional are not something I have been able to effect magically, except as a vague kind of "side effect" of invocation. For hormonal changes, I wouldn't rule out the possibility, but I wouldn't expect much either. Altering bodily processes is tricky and requires not only intimate knowledge of all the factors involved in producing the change, but some level of realization as to how you will be effected, short and long term.
If you are experiencing gender dysphoria (which I am extremely familiar with, personally) I would recommend cognitive therapy, meditation, and if the issues cannot otherwise be resolved, hormone therapy.

I concur.
Incipit Chaos!
Madavascus
Adept
Adept

Postby akimbomoss » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 am

I think someone posted a Carlos Castaneda style link in one of these gender threads. Here's my biased and abridged version on how to do change your gender which is nearly impossible:

1. Become a powerful sorcerer and gather lots of energy
2. Find an old Death Defier or God Defier
3. Make a deal with the God Defier or Death Defier: give it your energy in exchange for how to turn your aura inside out
4. Hope that said being is actually acting in good faith and not trickery
akimbomoss
Magister
Magister

Postby 66dragonfly66 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:15 pm

First, thanx for responding. I have not looked at the other thread yet.

I am responding to all that replied to me.
Singularities and webs of infintie regressions are better and more preferable to duality. I believe there is something to matter popping out of the void (or energy) that somehow constitutes some duality of emptiness and fullness, but thats another topic.

I do indeed think that hormone therapy would be better. The last poster said that asking a diety to help us flip our aura inside out would be well, what i am asking for, but actually... my experience of gender weirdness came about because i was experiencing gender flipping, my aura actually changing shape, and my feeling like the energetic reality of this was tangible. And so, i have been trying to stabilize my gender. I started doing reiki which has helped alot, but there are underlying issues about this, part of it is me being a shapeshifter I think, something in my genetics or something (or a result of trauma that has made it hard to hold form in my body, like how some people become vampires because they are energetically injured).

If we conjure a diety (either evocation or invocation) powerfully enough, would it not affect the bodilly expression?

What is a death deifier? What is a god defier? is it similar to psychopomps (or an inverse of these things)?

ok, so one more question...i assume that even if gods exist separate from our own minds, different than archetypes they are most readily experienced as archetypes. I take this to mean that as memes we have automatic subconscious responses to our interactions with these things, and generally they energize parts of our psyches (which i assume have biological components). So, shakti is a goddess, but this feminine energy is also infinite potential (someways genderless), but we interact with her through gender, whatever this means. I do believe the gods are all gendered, but not always balanced (say like angels). well. a question escapes me. sorry if this wastes time.

skinwalkers do indeed change physical form (its not like a bilocated astral self assuming a form). and i do know someone that grew facial hair through meditation, and changed their eye color.
66dragonfly66
Neophyte
Neophyte

Postby akimbomoss » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:34 am

death defier == skinwalker

god defier == something so rare it's not well known

A god defier is like a death defier except without the need to take energy from anybody. I believe Patanjali is a god defier.
akimbomoss
Magister
Magister

Return to Chaos Magick