David Beth: Death Cult &... 2nd June, Manchester, UK

Cerne
Forum Member
Forum Member

David Beth: Death Cult &... 2nd June, Manchester, UK

Post by Cerne »

Greetings folks,

I don't post on forums with any regularity, though thought that the following talk may be of interest to some of the members here. Please do feel free to ask any questions you might have, and I'll be sure to address them as best I can.

In what will most likely be his only UK talk of the year, David Beth returns to Manchester on the 2nd of June. Updated information will be found on the Diabolical Discourse facebook page, which you would be more than welcome to join for news of this and future talks also. DD is totally no-profit, and ticket sales go to (hopefully!) covering the costs of hosting the event. Many thanks for your time, and it'd be great to see some of you there!

Kind regards,

Craig.

Death Cult and Ancestral Worship
A Lecture by David Beth

Saturday 2nd June, 2012

The Britons Protection, 50 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester. M1 5LE.

What in most places of our contemporary world has degenerated into a mere commemorative event, in former cultures and societies constituted a central cultus and supreme magical gateway into the numinous. This talk aims at providing important insights into hidden forms of the Death Cult and ancestral worship as pathways into ‘night-consciousness’, a magical state of awareness through which alone we can manifest a supreme ecstatic and fearless state of Gnostic Being. Covering topics as diverse as soul, the fetich, God-eating, Eros, the daemonic and esoteric intoxication, the lecture will discuss the spiritual, magical and occult implications of this ritualistic cultus and its import as a foundation for an individual sorcery, paganism and the gnostic path.

David Beth was born to German parents in Africa, and has been the main contemporary force in the revival of Esoteric Voudon. He is the founder of La Société Voudon Gnostique, a selective group of international initiates and artists dedicated to manifesting the more powerful, inner revelations and transmissions of the Gods of Voudon, as well as to push evolution and research of Gnosis and esotericism freely beyond all frontiers of orthodoxy. Having received empowerments and initiation into various systems of spirituality, David is also the Hierophant of the Ecclesia Gnostica Aeterna. University educated in Germany and the USA, he has travelled and lived all over the world from Nigeria to Hamburg, from Los Angeles to London, fully devoted to his esoteric quest. As a spiritual teacher and author, David lives and works between Europe and Brasil. His books and essays have been published in various places.

Price: £7.50 per person

Time: 6:30-7:00, for a 7:30 start

In what is in all likelihood his only UK talk of the year, Diabolical Discourse, fresh from the flames, is incredibly happy to welcome David back once more to the north. Following his scintillating lecture, and the ensuing incredibly lively debate of just under two years ago, all I can say is if you missed that, you certainly don't want to miss this!

On a personal level, my thanks to David for getting things up and running once more; given support from you wonderfvl folk, events will become regular and what we started two years ago will continue for many more!

To reserve places Paypal payments can be made directly to [email protected]. If you do not have a Paypal account but wish to attend, please contact me at the same address for alternative options. Payment ensures reservation.

Return to “Events, Meetings and Engagements”