An illegal section

Wish list for future additions to the site

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

An illegal section

Post by Desecrated »

Hypothetically there might be some people who practice magic that (let us say) falls outside of the law sometime. Drugs, necromancy, animal sacrifice and so on.
I was just wondering if maybe, hypothetically, we have some users here that are into that kind of stuff and wants to share information about these Hypothetical activities.

BUT, we can't do it on the open forum, since most of it is A: Illegal, B. Against the forum rules.

So, I was wondering if there might be a possibility for a closed, members-only, section for such things.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: An illegal section

Post by Shinichi »

Necromancy is illegal?

Oops. [zomg]

~:Shin:~

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Id say all of those are legal grey areas, and in the case of england, the only really illegal topic there is the drugs.

Necromancy as long as you arn't grave robbing is arguably not breaking any laws.. except maybe trespassing laws if its meant to be closed..

Animal sacrifice is protected by Article 9 of the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms which is headed Freedom of thought, conscience and religion.

i'd argue anything that needs to be in more depth than what is currently allowed should be restricted to pm.. even a members only forum can get spotted quite easily by the no fun police, so would put the site in danger of being shut down.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Laws have never stopped people discussing drug use, on this forum or any other, although I would personally prefer we avoid creating any official place to discuss it because of the influence it would have on the image of the forum.

Necromancy isn't illegal in any way as long as it doesn't involve actual corpses (and I don't see why it should).

Animal sacrifice I would guess varies from location to location, but it's such a fringe (and highly controversial topic even in occult circles) topic that I would imagine it's best kept to PM's anyway, since any public discussion of the subject is inevitably going to end up as a moral debate.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Scandinavian necromancy is the very real and, maybe not common, but certainly well documented use of body parts and grave paraphernalia. Graveyard dirt, coffin nails, hands, skull and such.
Many musicians incorporated the body parts of their teacher into their instruments and so on.
There is even a long description of necropants. Using the skin of dead people to make pants/clothes and such steal their power.

Digging up bodyparts and selling them are not illegal in all countries so it's always a grayzone to talk about and share information about the subject on the internet.
Last edited by Desecrated on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Rin wrote:
Animal sacrifice I would guess varies from location to location, but it's such a fringe (and highly controversial topic even in occult circles) topic that I would imagine it's best kept to PM's anyway, since any public discussion of the subject is inevitably going to end up as a moral debate.
And that is exactly what an illegal members only, invite only section would provide. A place to talk about white snakes without it becoming a moral panic.

Draco20
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Draco20 »

Desecrated wrote:Digging up bodyparts and selling them are not illegal in all countries so it's always a grayzone to talk about and share information about the subject on the internet.
Body-snatching and abuse of a corpse is illegal in most places*, let alone the offenses of trespassing in cemeteries and digging up graves. I honestly don't think it would be in the forum's best interests to have this kind of section. The promotion of illegal activies could indeed cause it's loss. I don't doubt there are places out there (the deep web) where you can discuss these things but Occult forum is public..

*In Britain and US, Anatomy Acts put an end to body-snatching by scientists and made it illegal.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

It is nice and cozy here, better not bring deep web.

It corrupts.
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Draco20
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Draco20 »

Maya The Generator wrote:It is nice and cozy here, better not bring deep web.

It corrupts.
I agree with you. I am just saying that there probably exists underground places out there on the web to discuss these kind of things, not that I'm interested in them myself. Public web spaces like Occult forum are not intended, nor can they by the law host illegal contents.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I don't even see the point of discussing this. Adding a subforum called "illegal activities" is like putting a big red flag on the site to get investigated, banned or have its bandwidth revoked. Plus the legality of the practices mentioned here differs between countries, and topics like drugs, necromancy and animal sacrifice are discussed openly here and on other occult forums without requiring a separate subforum. And beyond the "hypothetical", it's just dumb to discuss real-life criminal activities online without taking basic security precautions, i.e. using TOR and deep web. Unless your goal is to gather all the people into hardcore illegal black magic in one place with their IP addresses on a silver platter for the feds to watch.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

We have to follow UK laws as someone else said, our forum guidelines outline what is acceptable and not acceptable. I don't believe, at least off hand, I may be wrong, there would be nothing wrong saying "I used this drug and this was my experience". There would be something wrong if you started telling people where to get said drugs, selling them, or otherwise using this forum as a medium to conduct illegal activities as deemed by the UK laws.

To be perfectly honest, you could say you did many illegal activities and generally speaking that wouldn't be breaking the law. However, it may get you reported by fellow members or have you investigated (I mean if you say you hacked off 3 peoples heads and buried in this specific location, I don't think you can blame people for being concerned).

What I remember wherever I go, I say only what I would be willing to say in public, what is acceptable behavior by the law in public should be acceptable behavior on the forum.

There is currently no plans to have a hidden or special section of the forum. The only non public section is a moderator forum to discuss site issues. We have no plans of changing that at this time (it was something discussed several times over the years). Ultimately most of us feel it is better to keep every member on an equal level and keep no knowledge or info behind any locked doors. We want everyone to feel welcome to be able to discuss their views.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Return to “Wish List”