Sacrifice for gods

BoldRune
Forum Member
Forum Member

Sacrifice for gods

Post by BoldRune »

Mby this is a stupid question but...
If i have an altar for pogan god and want give them a gift/sacrifice (like flowers, jewerly, food) when i should take this away? Obviously things like this cant be there forever (or its going to smell :P). But when am i leaving tresures should this be there forever? Should i burn my own songs or poetry?
What is the music of life?
Silence, my brother
What is Life's greatest illusion?
Innocence, my Brother

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Sacrifice for gods

Post by Sypheara »

Apologies first off as im responding from a phone.

All offerings that can decompose ie food, none high alcohol content drinls, flpwefs etc should be removed ideally every week and replaced. I have a set day for altar maintenance whefe I always light the main altar candles, givee an offering of my blood, and then replace anny offerings.

Stuff that doesnt decompose remains there indefinetly as part of the altar. These become charged and can be used workings after around three complete lunar cycles have passed as a guideline.

Hope that helps.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

BoldRune
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by BoldRune »

So every week? Seems legit, thx. But are u sure i can take Sacrificed rings or necklace (or things like that)?
And to be sure if i made a poetry or song i should but this in flame, shouldn't i? Better read this before? Or but when saying smth? Or just leave for week on altar?
Silence, my brother
Innocence, my Brother

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Yep, every week. It will help you build up relationship with the Gods and also ensure its properly maintained energetically as well as physically.

Its not 'taking them' if you use them for a task or construction your Gods have given you to do. Youll know when it is ok to use what by building up said relationship. Only in very rare circumstances when something becomes part of the Altar permanently through specific workings will it remain as part of that altar. In which case you jsut move it or keep it with the altar whenever it is moved, or simply use it in the construction of another.

Physical practicality will take over - they aren't going to complain about that. They like us working on the physical with them. People go on about the astral but actually physically work is just as important if not more so.

Offering poems, or sigils youve drawn for them, or as part of a specific working with sigils youve been given, in fire is great. Id leave it, on the night of burning read it, then burn it outside at a crossroads or other specific place to my Gods.

In other words, go about building up a relationship with them and going off their cues. It looks like you were heading in the right direction anyway, would be good to embrace that intuition and get to it! [yay]
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

BoldRune
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by BoldRune »

Ok, ty again. That was very helpfull and everytging seems more clear for me now.
Silence, my brother
Innocence, my Brother

Return to “Religous superstitions, Folk traditions and Lores”