The tower

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

The tower

Post by Daud »

Hey guys,

So i've gotten the Tower several times recently in divination, aimed at the destruction of my new life ETA about 6 months down the track.

Wondering if The Tower card is necessarily about total destruction and despair in an area of your life, or whether it can simply be about moving on willingly and rebuilding somewhere else. I never stay in one place for more than a few months anyway, so rebuilding isn't a problem for me. I just don't want to lose all my friends and ruin my life, which is what i'm afraid it represents.

Any input would be appreciated.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: The tower

Post by Desecrated »

The way A.E Waite describes it; is the destruction of the superficial.

He saw the tower as a representation of his own christianity, falling out of it was freemasonry and the golden dawn, and what was destroyed was all the nonsense he had built on top of his faith. The tower doesn't crumble completely, it is just the top that breaks of. The foundation is still there.
The crown on top of the tower can represent your ego, your pride and everything else that is getting in the way of your foundation.

It basically means that you have to get back to your roots and get rid of all that is blocking your way forward.

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

Makes perfect sense, actually. Thanks Des, can always count on you mate.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

One of my major experiences with the tower seemed to me at that time very negative. But now I think it was the best that could happen in that situation and I am very grateful that it happened.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

RockDemon wrote:One of my major experiences with the tower seemed to me at that time very negative. But now I think it was the best that could happen in that situation and I am very grateful that it happened.
Progress is very seldom fun to go through. It's like going to the gym; it hurts like hell, but we like the results.

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

Indeed.
Quick last question. The reading i did myself was significantly different to the reading that a friend did for me about a week ago. although they both made perfect sense regarding my mental state and past, the reading my friend gave was much more positive. Wondering if this could be because i have altered my future in some way in the meantime, or just because i'm more critical of myself than my friend is.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Since you asked this here as well I will put my answer here too.

In my opinion the following is the case. I view the whole universe/world/space to be connected. And a slightest change at one corner of the universe affects the other corner. And the universe is changing constantly. No moment is similar to another one. That is why when you shuffle the cards about the same question various times you get different combination of cards (random combination). A lot of things changed between the time of your divination and the one that your friend did. Even just one slight thought in your head or anyone else's that is connected to your future can change everything.

Another thing to consider here is one's perspective. Everyone sees the things through their perspective or frame of mind. This is why I ask people to comment on my divinations - to get different views on the same thing. For instance back around a year I was looking for a job. I got 4 offers. I opened 3 cards for each offer. The job that I chose - my current job got these cards 2 and 5 wands (I may remember these incorrectly) and the 3rd one was Ace of Pentacles. I interpreted this spread that if I accept that offer I'll have to work hard but will get the worthy rewards(also Ace of Pentacles for me is a symbol of what I am calling "stability in Malkuth" which I think is an important prerequisite for one's spiritual development). Then I asked one of my friends to comment on the divinations. He said not to accept this offer because in this place I will be out of my comfort zone and will be struggling. However I chose this job. Now it passed almost a year, and you see both of us were right. Indeed I am struggling here and being out of my comfort zone frequently , but I view it as working hard and that indeed results in worthy rewards.

So consider these 2 factors and you will get the answers for your questions. I hope I was able to help you.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Daud wrote:Indeed.
Wondering if this could be because i have altered my future in some way in the meantime, or just because i'm more critical of myself than my friend is.
Probably both.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I don't see Tarot divination as ever set in stone. What it gives you is a possible road map of your future if you stay on your current path. But once that information is known, people often take steps to alter their path if the predicted one is unsatisfactory. So that's likely what you did.

And in my experience the Tower means the destruction of some edifice in your life that is old, unnecessary or simply needs to go. This can be practical, emotional, social, spiritual etc. For me it has predicted everything from a drastic new career change to the end of a relationship to a natural disaster that displaced my family. This change is often experienced as catastrophic in the moment but may lead to a positive outcome you wouldn't have achieved without the shake-up. So it's important to read it in the full context of a spread rather than just seeing it and freaking out.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

The Tower is one of the most hated Arcana. Actually, all the Major Arcana Tarot cards could be hated :)
The Tower in most cases is just a signal that we should curb our excessive pride and to make changes before it's too late. If not, we will face destruction of our unbalanced realizations.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Next
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Next »

Releasing attachment to the physical

Return to “Divination and Mantic Arts”