Confirming/Denying a Past Life Identity?

Robin_Alexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Confirming/Denying a Past Life Identity?

Post by Robin_Alexander »

Sorry for the somewhat strange question . . .

I'm hoping this is the correct section, as I wasn't too sure where to post.

Essentially, what I was hoping to find was a method or means of confirming a past life?

Long story relatively short; a while back I had a bad spirit attached to me, who wove an extremely intricate story about a supposed past life of mine . . . now, I don't doubt the story of this person and that they existed, simply because another friend works as a medium and has a spirit attached to him, one who's been there since birth, and she was able to confirm all of it (in fact that may have been part of what convoluted a lot of it, as the two spirits would often interact to the point it would have draining or dangerous effects in the physical world).

I've always questioned whether the person in that past life was me, or if that was a part of the very clever manipulation to keep me attached to the spirit and in contact with them, but there's so many similarities and memories that it seems beyond just a lie . . . example, I remember a song and mentioned it to my friend's spirit, and she was able to tell an entire story exactly as I remembered it happening, but . . . I don't know . . .

The spirit basically left me in a way that I've been doubting everything since.

I was told by Vassago essentially: "if it is a true story, you stand to learn a lot from knowledge of your past life, but even if it wasn't you, you can still learn a lot . . . you have seen another's mistakes firsthand, so you can learn from that and do better for yourself in turn". I can't get a yes/no answer from him, and I don't particularly want to push him or seem disrespectful of what seemed a very wise answer. I also can't summon any other spirits to ask because of the terms of a deal with Vassago, which complicates it further.

So long story apparently still a long story *nervous cough* . . .

Is there a way to confirm/deny that I was that person in a past life, without summoning/speaking to spirits? I'm wondering whether I need to find a good psychic, or whether there's some sort of spell or meditation that could help reveal things? I did try hypnotherapy a long while back, but all that revealed was I died in the same manner as that person did, but not that I was necessarily that person in specific (also I worry I was using the belief in this past life to imagine the results in hypnotherapy). It's bugging me like crazy, but I can't think of a way to get a solid 'yes/no' answer that I can be 100% about?

Candy Ray
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Confirming/Denying a Past Life Identity?

Post by Candy Ray »

You can certainly have hypnotic regression, which works if you are a good subject for hypnosis. I have heard that there are some pitfalls: it is possible to make up a story instead of accessing a memory, and also if you haven't yet built up a rapport with the person doing it then it may not work as well. So it's better to spend a few weeks building up a relationship.

Myself I'm not a very good subject for hypnosis so I haven't used this method.But many years ago I used to go to a wonderful meditation class and one week we did a regression meditation that was effective even for one or two people who had casually dropped into the class. Some of it was due to the skill of the teacher who had studied in various secret lodges and seemed to me to be doing something unknown to facilitate the meditations.

Anyway I can't do his bit, whatever it was, but I can tell you that we rolled our minds gradually in a backwards direction, steadily although not too fast, until we came to our babyhood. Then we rolled back further still. I must have been a very vain baby because I came to a time when I was three years old and had a roll of photographs taken in a photo studio, and I wanted to stick there! Eventually I managed to pull my mind away from that day and slide further back. I already had a belief about what had happened in my previous lives but I managed to get further information about the point I went to in my most recent life. You could try this meditation.
See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

I'm going to be a pain and answer your question with another question, so sorry in advance :p but why does it bug you so much?

The answer you got:
"if it is a true story, you stand to learn a lot from knowledge of your past life, but even if it wasn't you, you can still learn a lot . . . you have seen another's mistakes firsthand, so you can learn from that and do better for yourself in turn".
Seems like a fairly reasonable attitude to me.

Now for the more straightforward answer - I don't think you can truly confirm it. I mean there's no machine you can hook yourself up to which will beep if a certain life was a past incarnation of yours.

All you can work off are memories and correlating historical evidence, I don't see any realistic approach to getting a rock solid confirmation of a past life identity. Even if you find a spirit or psychic who can investigate the matter, you're still taking their word for it (and of course, even the best psychic is never 100% accurate, and even the most articulate spirit is never 100% coherent), which leaves you where you started.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Robin_Alexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Robin_Alexander »

Candy Ray wrote:You can certainly have hypnotic regression, which works if you are a good subject for hypnosis. I have heard that there are some pitfalls: it is possible to make up a story instead of accessing a memory, and also if you haven't yet built up a rapport with the person doing it then it may not work as well. So it's better to spend a few weeks building up a relationship.
Yeah, that's why I'd rather avoid hypnotherapy again . . .

I initially went for an unrelated matter, with each week going further and further back to the root cause. Aside from the extortionate cost, I worry the 'memories' of the past life were there because I had the story in my head already, that I may have just been 'making it up' as opposed to remembering, because it's what I was expecting/believed.
Myself I'm not a very good subject for hypnosis so I haven't used this method.But many years ago I used to go to a wonderful meditation class and one week we did a regression meditation that was effective even for one or two people who had casually dropped into the class. Some of it was due to the skill of the teacher who had studied in various secret lodges and seemed to me to be doing something unknown to facilitate the meditations.

Anyway I can't do his bit, whatever it was, but I can tell you that we rolled our minds gradually in a backwards direction, steadily although not too fast, until we came to our babyhood. Then we rolled back further still. I must have been a very vain baby because I came to a time when I was three years old and had a roll of photographs taken in a photo studio, and I wanted to stick there! Eventually I managed to pull my mind away from that day and slide further back. I already had a belief about what had happened in my previous lives but I managed to get further information about the point I went to in my most recent life. You could try this meditation.
That sounds pretty interesting :)

It also sounds a lot safer than relying on spirits, too. I'll definitely look into that later on, then give it a try when I feel comfortable enough to practise - thank you so much for the suggestion!
Rin wrote:I'm going to be a pain and answer your question with another question, so sorry in advance :p but why does it bug you so much?
I guess just because I like to know things . . .

It's like when you half-remember a song or film, so the title is right on the tip of your tongue, but it just won't get out, so it ends up bugging you all day, like: "I know this, so why don't I know this"? I guess I also want to know more about myself and who I was; this person is one I can relate a fair bit to, as well as one that I can see why his mistakes would lead to certain karmic events in this one, but - at the same time - it's not who I'd want to be, because of the things he did and the devastating effects they had. I guess it'd be a relief to have confirmation that I'm not him, because then I a) wasn't a bad person, and b) I'm not repeating the same mistakes.
The answer you got:

"if it is a true story, you stand to learn a lot from knowledge of your past life, but even if it wasn't you, you can still learn a lot . . . you have seen another's mistakes firsthand, so you can learn from that and do better for yourself in turn".

Seems like a fairly reasonable attitude to me.

Now for the more straightforward answer - I don't think you can truly confirm it. I mean there's no machine you can hook yourself up to which will beep if a certain life was a past incarnation of yours.

All you can work off are memories and correlating historical evidence, I don't see any realistic approach to getting a rock solid confirmation of a past life identity. Even if you find a spirit or psychic who can investigate the matter, you're still taking their word for it (and of course, even the best psychic is never 100% accurate, and even the most articulate spirit is never 100% coherent), which leaves you where you started.
That's fair enough . . .

I guess just accepting and learning is the best thing to do, as even without solid confirmation there's a lot to learn from the experience, but I guess it's just wanting to know who I am, really. I guess just accepting it as a 'possibility', then working from meditation and correlating historical events/places would be a good way to get an idea of accuracy, could be a way to go about things. Then again, I suppose when death comes memories probably get unlocked, so there's always the argument for 'patience', on a darker note XD

Still, thank you for the advice and words. I'll try to work more towards acceptance . . .

There probably isn't much point in obsessing over a possibility, while there does stand a lot to be learnt whether it's a real past life or just a story of someone else's life, and I guess what matters most are the actions in this life. I will admit it still bugs me, but I do have an obsessive personality, so maybe it's also a lesson in learning to let go.

Return to “Divination and Mantic Arts”