Trance Experience Question

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Trance Experience Question

Post by battyboy12 »

I've been recently making trance meditation a daily practice for me. Specifically, I use the trance induction described in "Doktor Snakes' Voodoo Spellbook". Anyways, I just got done with a trance session which lasted 39 minutes. This is the longest yet I've been in trance. This session was unique.

I've gotten a vision with a message in one of my previous trance sessions. However, all attempts have failed to achieve the same result since then. This time it was less direct. While in trance, I cleared my mind and focused my attention on my heart and chest. I asked a question in my mind, and got a tingling sensation on the left side of my body {my chest and face}. I also had an unconscious urge to slightly smile {which I could not help but to do so} when the question was correct. For example, I asked mentally:

"is my so and so?"- True, I got a tingling and an urge to smile.

"Am I 25 years old?"- True, I got the same result as above.

"Am I an engineering student?"- No response, this question is false.

"Is my name this?"- No response, question is also false.

"Am I communicating with something?"- I again got a tingling and an urge to smile.

"Is this 'something' dark and evil?" -no response here.

"Is this 'something' benign and good?"- Tingling with an urge to smile.

I ended this session after that and thanked whatever I might have contacted for talking with me. I thought I could feel some sort of intelligence or presence. Maybe it was a spirit, maybe it was my higher self or maybe it was all in my head and pointless.

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated greatly. Does anyone here think I may have contacted some sort of entity? I've been trying to make contact though visions but have had only very limited success. Maybe visions aren't the way for me. Has anyone heard of a type of spirit communication in any way similar to the way I described?

bathtub-alchemist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Trance Experience Question

Post by bathtub-alchemist »

battyboy12 wrote:I've been recently making trance meditation a daily practice for me. Specifically, I use the trance induction described in "Doktor Snakes' Voodoo Spellbook". Anyways, I just got done with a trance session which lasted 39 minutes. This is the longest yet I've been in trance. This session was unique.

I've gotten a vision with a message in one of my previous trance sessions. However, all attempts have failed to achieve the same result since then. This time it was less direct. While in trance, I cleared my mind and focused my attention on my heart and chest. I asked a question in my mind, and got a tingling sensation on the left side of my body {my chest and face}. I also had an unconscious urge to slightly smile {which I could not help but to do so} when the question was correct. For example, I asked mentally:

"is my so and so?"- True, I got a tingling and an urge to smile.

"Am I 25 years old?"- True, I got the same result as above.

"Am I an engineering student?"- No response, this question is false.

"Is my name this?"- No response, question is also false.

"Am I communicating with something?"- I again got a tingling and an urge to smile.

"Is this 'something' dark and evil?" -no response here.

"Is this 'something' benign and good?"- Tingling with an urge to smile.

I ended this session after that and thanked whatever I might have contacted for talking with me. I thought I could feel some sort of intelligence or presence. Maybe it was a spirit, maybe it was my higher self or maybe it was all in my head and pointless.

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated greatly. Does anyone here think I may have contacted some sort of entity? I've been trying to make contact though visions but have had only very limited success. Maybe visions aren't the way for me. Has anyone heard of a type of spirit communication in any way similar to the way I described?
it is highly probable that you have contacted an entity. I would recommend studying up on evocation vs. invovcation, and from there I would tread lightly on the safer of two paths

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by battyboy12 »

I see. Thank you. I have studied invocation and evocation in the past but never really attempted contact until recently.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I would warn against opening doors to whatever may come. It may sound kinda hokey, but I've seen too many instances where this went downhill fast, and it always starts with things claiming to be benign and good.

That said, I would make sure you've got a solid banishing and hygiene practice established before getting into evocation. If you do get into evocation, I think it'd be better to aim for contacting a specific spirit. It's good practice to call upon a specific spirit and make sure that it can present it's name and sigil to you. I'd recommend picking a grimoire and sticking by it's rules to ensure safety if you want to practice evocation.

What you are doing does remind me of a style of divination. It is possible your body/deep mind/higher self is responding to your questions. If you specifically state that you intend to call upon your higher self, that could be a safer way of engaging this experiment. Simply opening the doors to whatever is dangerous.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by battyboy12 »

That is VERY good advice. I've been struggling to find a specific system/grimoire to work with that works for me. That being said, I have been picking parts of systems that do work and applying them to my practice sessions.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Some of those old grimoires can be difficult to work through. There are modern grimoires that people swear by, like New Avatar Power, or the books by the Gallery of Magick. Those are all really simple systems. Rufus Opus also has some great grimoires that are derivative of older works.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by battyboy12 »

Thank you for the recommendations. I will look into them.

Return to “Psychicism”