*raises hand* I have a question

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: *raises hand* I have a question

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Spida wrote:
That Video. The first thing I think of when I look at that is Micro and Macro Infinity. The Inner progression of the Spiral approaches Micro Infinity, and the outer progression approaches Macro Infinity.
Yeah...saw it , loved it , used it in my group on another site I belong to... [thumbup]

Of course with what you said above , I do see a chaos and order within it... [wink]

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

There appears to be a pattern emerging here with respect to: Big and Small, The Spiral, and Psychoactives.

Steve Martin(early 80s)commonly referred to use of Psychoctives as "Getting Small"(Inner progression of Spiral)

References and scenes in Alice In Wonderland pertinent to "Big and Small"(Inner and outer progression of Spiral). The Amanita is pictured in one or more scenes(The Holy Soma - Psychoactive)

Primordial Consciousness. A zero Dimensional Point that's existence is 'Within'(Inward progression of Spiral approaching Micro Infinity)

So when you use a Psychoactive. You get small by approaching Micro Infinity via the Inward/downward Spiral where you experience Microcosmic Realities.

This would indeed be a Journey Within by way of a Geometrical progression that would be limitless or Infinite.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cam Revillot »

neofight wrote:
Cam Revillot wrote:That's not what the chaos in chaos magick stands for, if that's the subtext

What is your view of the chaos in chaos magic?
I go with Carroll's definition generally: The psychological anarchy of disordered belief systems.

Sherwins makes sense to though, and they are not mutually exclusive: The unformed.

I like how Sherwins definition calls back to the classical Greek: The void before creation
Creator of Trinary Sigil Generator
Free sigil generator, tarot, rituals, runes, etc.

bathtub-alchemist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by bathtub-alchemist »

from chaos order will eventually arise.....and that order will eventually decline into chaos..........rinse. repeat.

Chaos is the mouth, and order, the tail, of oroboros

two sides of the same cosmic coin

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

And to put this in a Kabbalistic perspective. Chaos would be tantamount to the Veils of Negative Existence, and then from that there is the manifestation of Consciousness, or God. This is Kether of The Tree of Life, and the God is Eheieh(I Am, and also Am 'Becoming'). Manifestation of this God is the precursor to Order, and also heads the Middle Pillar of the Tree of Life.

It's such a simple thing really, but also good that Theoretical Physics/Cosmology and Kabbalah align perfectly with respect to the Origin of the Universe. Those with Syncretic tendencies will notice this rather quickly, as it is quite obvious.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

neofight wrote:I started this thread because it is a fundamental question that all people must take. If we think that Chaos is the absolute, then our actions would follow suit to that design. If it is Order, then we would be that way. In light of magic or theology, we have the presence of a God, and so what we choose to believe to be true- Chaos or Order- would reflect onto our God. As magicians we want power, and that power comes from our decision of what is true- Chaos or Order.
I think part of the problem here as I see it is that a question is being asked, but the elements that make up the question are not understood, and unless this is addressed there can never be a meaningful answer. Chaos, Order, The Absolute, and most definitely God are all ambiguous to varying degrees. Granted, applying useful definitions to abstract ideas can be a slippery slope at times especially when dealing with barriers such as paradoxical elements and transcendence of reason, and I suppose most simply walk away when faced with a problem that cannot be "thought through" in a conventional sense. Its an issue any serious thinker will have to deal with eventually, and after you bang your head up against a wall enough times you begin to garner the ability to see beyond these blockages that are put in place.

Mr. Crowley refers to the essence of this scenario as the "Trained Reason" arriving at Logical Contradictions. Which must be resolved using an augmented form of reasoning.

I try to create as much "Uff Dah" as I can out of this, and it has its moments. Scattered about, here and there :-)

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neofight »

You're right of course, I guess I am talking about the most basic idea of it; is there an order, a reason, a method? Or is it the disordered nonsense version of Chaos? If is ultimately nonsense, then I expect people to do what they will willy-nilly, and not put forth any effort and be sophists. If its some kind of truth or absolute idea, then we do what we will in order to find out what it is.

Return to “Chaos Magick”