For difficult to define queries.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Knights Templar seek apology from Pope

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Qryztufre

[QUOTE=ChaosTech]
Or how about an official world wide appology to all those poor Neandertals who died out, never getting a chance to rule the earth, like us homo sapiens, because we were a better evolutionary strain of hominids?
[/QUOTE]
Well, we have to start someplace, then maybe we can build up to that.

Q

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: fiat_lux_777

As far as I am aware, a written statement from the Vatican apologising for the persecution of the Templars was issued by the Pope some 5 or 6 years ago.

At this time I was living in Queensland (Australia) and came into contact with a strange offshoot of the Catholic Church that had emigrated from the UK (it was some years later that it was determined that it was this strange little group that influenced Gardner in Pre-Wiccan days (see Heselton's Gerald Gardner and the Cauldron of Inspiration). Anyway.....I got to talking with thoe court jester (actually, he was head of the Church, but was dressed as a jester for a medieval festival they hold on the Church grounds) and he showed me a document which he purported to be a facsimile of the apology mentioned above. Seemed genuine...but I could be mistaken.

93 93/93

Todd

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Shepard of Arcadia

But like offramp said the Templars no longer exist why should this group be demanding any kind of apology?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: JusticeAngel

[QUOTE=ChaosTech]This reminds me of white people telling black people sorry about slavery.

What a bunch of rubbish. The black people of today are not slaves, the white peple of today are not slave owners, and no one alive of either "race" has ever been so.

No different than, the templars of today didn't suffer the fates of their "ancestors," and the Catholics or their Pope, wasn't the ones that commited the crimes.

This happened hundreds of years ago, and weither belonging to the innocent or guilty parties, all died long ago.

What's next? The Iraqis appologising to Israel, for Nebuchadnezzar (the ancient Babylonian king) conquring the ancient Israelites?

Hahaha. Give me a fricking break. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Its not about what it seems, Its about clearing the name Knights Templar... an apology can be for many reasons but in this case its not about being Butt-hurt as much as it is to clear their name of the smear that the vatican left upon it. Wanting an apology is about wanting to gain something back that was taken away by an injustice. Now even though the individuals claiming to be Knights Templar may not be truly the Knights Templar... it would open up alot. Now there have been little post it notes saying all was pardoned... but was there ever a true apology... Where the pope put on his funny hat stood at his podieum and said " This was wrong, on the catholic churches bahalf I am truly sorry, can you forgive us for what happened so long ago?" Yeah... I didnt think so, and whats so hard about eating crow? It does seem silly but christ... On the other hand if the Knights templar are expecting a sincere apology... Forget that, like thats really gonna happen. Hollow one hopefully is just as good.. cause thats all they are going to get.

Either way... its amuzing,

Justice

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Shepard of Arcadia]But like offramp said the Templars no longer exist why should this group be demanding any kind of apology?[/QUOTE]
The debate as to the continuing existence of the Templar order is (IMO) irrelevant to the request for the apology - the importance is the fact that the Church can recognise its mistakes publicly, and the fact that many men died painfully because of said mistake.

Like the question of the origins of Rosicrucianism, I believe the value of the Templar legacy is in the manner in which they can inspire, rather than whether they still exist. Call it historical mythology.

93 93/93

Todd

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Kuroyagi

[QUOTE=Shepard of Arcadia]But like offramp said the Templars no longer exist why should this group be demanding any kind of apology?[/QUOTE]
cause self-righteous hypocrites never seem to die out :p

we are talking of about two dozen of men who were executed and 500 who were temporarily incarcerated ~650 yrs ago. do you know how much has happened since, how many others have died- will they all be dragged out by some sanctimonious pseudo historians who claim to be their successors? is this justice?

to me this is all some kind of ridiculous monkey circus at BEST.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: WindigoXXVIII

So I take it that nobody is really clear on what the modern Knights Templar do now?
I found this "news article" that talks about a desendent of the knights who died in Jerusalem...

"The Knights Templar believe they are the rightful heirs to the Christian holy sites in Jerusalem and are currently involved in a secret battle to gain control of them,"

then I noticed this site is run by Whitley Strieber, he's the guy who was abducted by aliens and wrote "Communion" He is so creative!

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=267

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=WindigoXXVIII]So I take it that nobody is really clear on what the modern Knights Templar do now?[/QUOTE] Well, I am a Chevalier of the OMCE, which claim some sort of Templar lineage (perhaps in spirit!) I go to work, eat, sleep....the usual stuff when not being sought out by agents of the Pope :)

93 93/93

Todd

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Leviathan

And there are idiots so foul to seek reperations for slavery 100 years ago.

This apology is a public display, a sad outcry to a media that doesn't care. The Pope is long dead; the Spirit clings to bloody life-this Church is a Symbol of all that is wrought with the world and WILL be destroyed at the rise of OEAHMA.
I will be first to raid the Secret Libraries...

Love that Law,
I'll Do As I Will.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Nero

[QUOTE=fiat_lux_777]the usual stuff when not being sought out by agents of the Pope :)[/QUOTE]
Ah Ha! I found you! As a papal secret agent I hereby take you into custody. So do not try and run. Resistance is futile.

You have a lot of explaining to do to my boss JP........

Uncle_Papaya
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Knights Templar seek apology from Pope

Post by Uncle_Papaya »

It'd be interesting to see some views of fellow modern occultists on the Templars (especially from magical and gnostic views)

There are still a lot of strange mysteries around this topic nonetheless.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”