Thoughts on what is magick

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thoughts on what is magick

Post by OneOfFourth »

I just had a pondering session with my guiding spirit (or something that was answering me this morning), and this came out of it when I delved deep into the fundamentals of what magick even is:

When doing magick, you instruct god to do things. You describe to god what you want to happen. Then god decides what tools and methods will be used to achieve what you instructed it to do. You get all the karmic blame for all the things that happen during that process.

It's as simple as that. Now I need to experiment if the above information is really true. Some people use rituals to achieve thing, etc. but it's the above process what actually makes things happen. The weird thing is that I'm not even sure god (The Universe/Source/whatever) is even real, but that would explain a lot.
Seeker of truth.
God is the thought of/about something.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Thoughts on what is magick

Post by Amor »

"he exact origin of the word God is unknown. All that we know for certain is that the word God is a relatively new European invention, which was never used in any of the ancient Judaeo-Christian scripture manuscripts which were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek or Latin."
https://wahiduddin.net/words/name_god.htm

Perhaps the modern concept of God is not so useful to the aspiring mage.

If "as above, so below" is true, we might better consider the inner planes as ecosystems.

Working effectively with ecosystems requires very broad awareness. Females seem to work more easily with physical ecosystems.

Food for thought?

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

I believe the "as above, so below" might be true.

By "god" was meant all encompassing everything, that seems to have universal consciousness. Everything else is part of it. So no Judeo-Christian view of God.

That's the reason why magickal energy seems to have an intelligence of its own when you give it a job to do: you only describe the end result you want to see and the magickal energy figures out the details how to achieve that and in which order to do those things.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that the god/Source/Universe/whatever can use any spirit in existence and outside of it to achieve what you instructed god to do. So it uses all natural laws and affects probabilities and spirits/demons/etc. to get the job done.
Last edited by OneOfFourth on Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seeker of truth.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

All this would point to the idea, that only safe way to practise magick is onto oneself. If you do magick that affect anyone else than you, you're always in danger of doing some form of stealing/damage to others, which in turn would fall on your lap later. So you end up doing damage both to others AND to yourself.

If this is true, then it would explain why needy and greedy persons stay unhappy: when they get something from others, they get slapped to the face by karma/universe/whatever and they feel they don't get any happier. Thus they stay in the downward spiral of neediness. Same for egoistic people, perhaps, etc.?

This in turn would mean that basically the version of Law of Attraction that is being taught widely on the internet would cause lots of damage to the world AND to those people who practise that method of gaining things into their life.

EDIT:
So basically if you want to do magick, why bother with any of the middlemen (demons/spirits/etc.) when your basic spells/manifestations already are a direct link to the god/Source/Universe? The middleman will only make things worse and has its own agenda it wants to move forward and you pay the cost.

In other words: other entities are stealing the direct link and power of god from the magick users that don't know this. When magickian doesn't use the direct link but only proxies/middlemen/spirits/demons/etc. he/she is stripped of the power and freedom they would otherwise have. The middleman decides which parts of magick users wishes will be done and which will be filtered out. So your magickal practise will be fully in the mercy of someone elses will. In other words when not using the direct link, people are like slaves to worker's unions which limit in drastic ways what one is allowed to do etc.

Why on earth would anyone ever want something like that?
Last edited by OneOfFourth on Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Seeker of truth.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>energy seems to have an intelligence of its own

Quite so, but it is embedded in a very complex ecosystem. For example Lords of Karma oversee the actions even of the Universal Logos

https://www.lucistrust.org/online_books ... ire_obooks

blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by blindwake »

Every piece matters, that's what magic is.

Can something exist in a vacuum? No, so why shouldn't my thoughts affect the things around them?

If someone has a mind reading device, my thinking will affect them. If I picture something in the clouds above, that picture is represented within the physical matter of my brain. If do a silly dance, maybe someone somewhere sees it.

I don't subscribe to the ideas of gods, planes, etc. Reductive theories rarely work in complex systems. I think this place is like a rigid dream, and when you introduce foreign stimulus to it, it reacts in foreign ways.
When everything makes too much sense, that's when you know you've got none. It's this confidence in reality that makes me uneasy.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

I did a quick and simple test to find out if the idea worked at all. In my mind I said a command, directed to the universe: "Show me today the number sequence 1234 on Youtube."

I could contain myself for almost one minute before I had to check out if there's such a number sequence visible. I opened Youtube page and the very first video link on the front page had the following in the description lines (extra stuff removed) :

Two
1 34

Not 100% what I asked for, since the "2" was replaced by "Two" which was in the right location, but one line above the rest of the numbers.
Still close enough to be interesting and the response time was fast.
Seeker of truth.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Jung was very keen on synchronicity - patterns of events.

In your experiment, how did you test whether your thought was self-generated or given to you?

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

If the thought was given to me, which part do you mean specifically?
Seeker of truth.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>In my mind I said a command, directed to the universe: "Show me today the number sequence 1234 on Youtube."

Is that an implant or is it self-generated? How do you tell the difference?

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

No idea. All pointers are welcome.
Seeker of truth.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

In-coming thoughts often have a different feeling - and may be quite different in content from the previous thought

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Problem:
I have ADHD. My thoughts can easily jump wildly from one thing to another. That's my normal thought process. My thoughts can ricochet inside a single second through multiple subjects/concepts (easily 5 in some cases, but that's usually linked to intuition telling me something, and then a chain reaction happens in my mind). Also my regular thinking is quite intense: my focus on the thought can be all attention consuming and then it jumps to another topic; equally consuming.

I don't think I have noticed a different feeling with incoming thoughts. Except maybe once or twice. Otherwise they're almost impossible to tell the difference between my own thought and incoming ones. That's the whole problem. I need a way to learn to tell the difference.
Seeker of truth.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Do you have excess Aluminum in the brain? That is the case for all the autism cases I have examined - Al (often from vaccines) make the brain difficult for the soul light to use. ADHD seems closely related.

The first step is giving light from the heart to the sacral chakra and asking it to clear the Al from the brain. The sacral chakra intelligence (usually a nature spirit) is responsible for managing the physical body.

Spend some time with your sacral chakra intelligence as it seems withdrawn and somewhat traumatised. You need it happy and fully functional

https://www.lifelinediag.eu/us/how-to-r ... ilds-body/

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

No idea about aluminum. Doesn't hurt to try what you suggested. Don't know if it works or not. We'll see what happens.
Seeker of truth.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

I think I figured out one important aspect of magick / universe / synchronizities.

How on Earth can synchronizities work if people have Free Will? Imagine simplest possible synchronizity effect:

You're wondering if something is a good idea to do and the neighbour suddenly makes a loud noise going "BANG!" which you immediately decipher as "YES!" in your mind. Alternatively you might have been sitting in a car and the answer might come as a street side ad going past you with a text saying "Yes, ofcourse!"

Now imagine how many things must go right so at the very right moment you receive the effect/answer for you to register it. Some things in the universe required a bit of tweaking and timing for things to happen at the right moment. Also those things that required tweaking might be result of other things happening at the right time, so they also required some tweaking and so on and so forth. Very quickly you run into a situation that you need to predetermine every possible thing ever happening in the world for things to go right at the right time. Especially when theres more than one person who needs to receive any kind of synchronizities, not to mention everyone in the world receiving them, whether they notice them or not. This sounds like you can't have Free Will anymore, since it's a "randomly" behaving element in that system which would destroy the carefully built house of cards if even the smallest thing doesn't act according to the great plan.

But it looks like it is actually possible to have both Free Will and synchronizities for every sentient being in the Universe at the same time. Here's how:

Imagine everything else except sentient beings being deterministic events / predetermined / scripted by the universe. Now Hank from New York at October 5th in year 2026 exactly at 2:35 PM will be faced with a Free Will choice which affects when and how some synchronizity message/effect will arrive to him. Universe knows / can look at all its history from start to finish so instead of TELLING Hank which choice to make that exact moment, universe LOOKS in to the mind of Hank at that very moment (in "the future") what choice he will make. Then it's "easy" to decide where the synchronizity effect could take place and what things to adjust so Hank's synchronizities and everyone elses will happen in proper moments.

This obviously means that universe/many spirits/etc. must work outside of our linear time, i.e. be able to live in/sense/see/affect all moments in time at the same time to adjust something in the past for it to affect our future/present moment when needed. This is just like looking at a comic book page: you can see what happens before and after any of those pictures on any page, then change details in any of the pictures to adjust the main storyline.

This obviously brings to mind "what can you do with this knowledge?"
Maybe you can tell the universe at any given moment that "I choose the option(s) which leads to X happening" ? (essentially giving slight amount of your Free Will away for the universe/something to handle. Alternatively you could somehow formulate the your decision so that the universe/something gives you messages which choices to make about certain things so you achieve your goals. Notice that you can't break any laws of physics here. You can only affect probabilities with your choices. So nothing impossible will be made possible, like shooting lightning bolts out of your arse or gaining ability to fly like Superman. I don't know if it's truly possible to decide to give away ones Free Will, but if it is, I would NOT recommend to do it nor even try it EVER.

This also raises the question: "What other things are machinated in a similar way for the sentient beings in addition to the synchronizities?"

At least things are made happen for sentient beings so they start thinking certain things so they can figure out stuff they would not have thought otherwise.
Seeker of truth.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Or perhaps the whole of the universe is actually a single entity and free will is about choosing to be in tune with the greater whole.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Amor wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:51 pm Or perhaps the whole of the universe is actually a single entity and free will is about choosing to be in tune with the greater whole.
The whole of the universe is a single entity, yes. But that alone in my mind wouldn't explain the paradox with Free Will + Synchronizities. Something else is required to make that properly functional combination.
Seeker of truth.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

> universe/many spirits/etc. must work outside of our linear time

Quite so. Higher entities typically experience all stages of their life cycle at once.

> giving slight amount of your Free Will away for the universe/something to handle

I am not sure about your mental construct for Free Will. What if Free Will existed beyond the mental plane? If so, a mental construct would at best be a low-dimensional representation.

Perhaps Free Will is a human-rational reflection of a much greater Reality.

What if the human had a function such as reversing the Tzimtzum outflow rhythmically and with right intent?

Here is a hard version: https://www.chabad.org/library/article_ ... imtzum.htm

This is easy but not very useful: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzimtzum

I met the Tzimtzum in Glastonbury UK. It called itself The Revelation of the Word. That is perhaps better than the kabbalistic versions

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Amor wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:15 am > giving slight amount of your Free Will away for the universe/something to handle

I am not sure about your mental construct for Free Will. What if Free Will existed beyond the mental plane? If so, a mental construct would at best be a low-dimensional representation.

Perhaps Free Will is a human-rational reflection of a much greater Reality.
There probably could be something more to Free Will above mental planes. But I'm fairly convinced (at least for now) that our very own thinking egos are able to make real decisions at any given moment. This would also mean that if someone has managed to coerce/manipulate you into changing your destiny, you'll be able to decide your own new destiny whenever you choose to do so. This way you won't be forced by the universe to stay in a bad place for your whole life. (I have a hunch universe nudges and pushes you back to your chosen path, whatever it is at any given moment) "I CHOOSE NOT to be a victim" and "I CHOOSE to be free" etc. should indicate how to approach deciding what your and universes relationship will be as time progresses. Obviously you also need to keep your eyes open and grab the moments when they arrive. Otherwise nothing happens/changes.

Amor wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:15 am What if the human had a function such as reversing the Tzimtzum outflow rhythmically and with right intent?

Here is a hard version: https://www.chabad.org/library/article_ ... imtzum.htm

This is easy but not very useful: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzimtzum

I met the Tzimtzum in Glastonbury UK. It called itself The Revelation of the Word. That is perhaps better than the kabbalistic versions
Those are really long texts and contain tons of information I have no idea which part are even remotely related to what you're trying to say so I have to skip them. Sorry.
Seeker of truth.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

> have to skip them

And yet there was an entry to the process by which Existence manifests from Beingness.

Return to “Beginners Info”