Evocation - manifesting spirits to visible appearance

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Evocation - manifesting spirits to visible appearance

Post by Amor »

If we are to imagine an existence devoid of everything, what non-thing is doing the imagining?

Perhaps you are referring to existence without the dense physical plane - only higher planes existing.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Maybe this reply is for everyone here. It seems to me the biggest mystery here concerning existence is regarding this mysterious 'acausal' element. All of the magic in the universe appears to resolve to its' function. The 'something' as opposed to the 'nothing', and the emergence thereof, ad infinitum.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Spida wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:23 am Imagine an existence devoid of everything. We are starting at zero here, and something is happening. What is happening?
My "dojo of the mind" is infinite inky abyss, empty of everything except myself, and for many years also my mentor.
I think to astral project into the infinite void, is akin meditating in OBE.

The void is an interesting place of contemplation. You can make yourself tiny, barely a grain of dust. Or fill the space with a plethora of things. And it's interesting to note, that everything you see there, you brought with you. A dark mirror which reflects more than form.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Spida wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:03 pm It seems to me the biggest mystery here concerning existence is regarding this mysterious 'acausal' element.
Causality is a function of the physical universe. It even has a physical speed, about 300,000 km/s. Although distance and time are a bit .."mushy".

I've been focused on studying how consciousness & spirit do not fit wholly inside of causality since I was in grade school.
I have seen coffee stains which don't exist in this universe, and been the architect of their undoing, or perhaps the navigator from that reality wherein they do, to this one where they don't.

It's a small thing, but also a huge thing. Foreknowledge is a causality violation. Which makes it harder to explain (within physics) than most any other magical effect. But I am certain, concretely, of it's validity, so what remains is that things are more complicated and strange than our brains are normally wired to easily comprehend.

Anyway, acausality is fine and real, and applicable.
Although there may be a causality at work infinitely greater in scope than the universe we know & regard daily.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Kath wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:28 am It's a small thing, but also a huge thing.
It's the little things, there's nothing bigger...

- Hadit And Nuit

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”