Please help. Am I crazy, cursed, or special?

Wish list for future additions to the site

Starry_Night
Forum Member
Forum Member

Please help. Am I crazy, cursed, or special?

Post by Starry_Night »

So, my entire life I have always been very intuitive. I could always feel when something was going to happen. I could always feel like there was a presence near me at different points in my life. Shadows, smells, dreams. All things that nobody else around me could see, smell, or imagine. I also was always called crazy for the feeling I would get pertaining to events that have yet to unfold. Lately I have seen a constant shadow out of the corner of my eye. I haven't felt threatened by the shadow. I could just feel it's presence and once I looked in the direction I felt it all I could see was a brief shadow moving and disappearing. Then today, I smelled the scent of a deceased loved one. Somebody who has been dead for years, but I was very close to them. There is nothing in the world that smells the way they smell. Things have just been getting stronger and happening more often since I have gotten to my 30's. Please somebody help me explain all of this. I just have no idea where else to turn or who to get information from. Thank you all in advance.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Please help. Am I crazy, cursed, or special?

Post by Amor »

>Lately I have seen a constant shadow out of the corner of my eye

The edge of the vision is more sensitive to etheric sight. In your case it looks like you have a friendly nature spirit.

Send light from your heart to the spirit and ask it to show itself

> I smelled the scent of a deceased loved one.

So you are developing clairsentience.

On each subplane it is possible to develop subtle senses. An obvious example is sense of direction

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Starry_Night wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:16 pm So, my entire life I have always been very intuitive. I could always feel when something was going to happen. I could always feel like there was a presence near me at different points in my life. Shadows, smells, dreams. All things that nobody else around me could see, smell, or imagine. I also was always called crazy for the feeling I would get pertaining to events that have yet to unfold. Lately I have seen a constant shadow out of the corner of my eye. I haven't felt threatened by the shadow. I could just feel it's presence and once I looked in the direction I felt it all I could see was a brief shadow moving and disappearing. Then today, I smelled the scent of a deceased loved one. Somebody who has been dead for years, but I was very close to them. There is nothing in the world that smells the way they smell. Things have just been getting stronger and happening more often since I have gotten to my 30's. Please somebody help me explain all of this. I just have no idea where else to turn or who to get information from. Thank you all in advance.
So what is the specific problem? You don't want them around, you want them gone?

Starry_Night
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Starry_Night »

I'm just curious as to what it means exactly. Like, have I always been able sense things and always dismissed the thought of it? Strange things have always happened. And sometimes an area that is physically completely empty can feel extremely crowded. And I can feel happiness, pain, heaviness with no prior knowledge of an area. What does this mean? Is there a way to understand it better?

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

It means that the spectrum through which humans view the world is a very small subset of reality.

Starry_Night
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Starry_Night »

So does anybody have recommendations on literature where I can learn more about these things?

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Put your attention to the Flame in your heart, and standing there speak to the spirits that you see/feel. Ask them what they are and what is their business with you.

Keep a diary of such conversations and events

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Sensitivity to subtle energy is pretty normal for some people. Wouldn't worry too much about it. A book that may be of interest to you.

Keys to Perception by Ivo Dominguez

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Starry_Night wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:07 am I'm just curious as to what it means exactly. Like, have I always been able sense things and always dismissed the thought of it? Strange things have always happened. And sometimes an area that is physically completely empty can feel extremely crowded. And I can feel happiness, pain, heaviness with no prior knowledge of an area. What does this mean? Is there a way to understand it better?
Generalizing in these things aren't generally recommended. But in general, there can be medical, scientific explanation, or a metaphysical, and no one sitting on couch with a laptop thousand miles away, can say for sure which is which.
But as we are occult community and not so much of "neurological science", we'll assume it's the latter. If that's the case, then it can mean you are extra sensitive to your environment beyond just physical senses, and perhaps somebody "outside" might be trying to get your attention. But it's up to you how you want to proceed about it, to develop further, or to ignore it. Often things go away, fade away if ignored long enough.
If you don't want to ignore, then.. I personally wouldn't recommend any books, wouldn't recommend filling your mind with "knowledge" and "truths" of others. Instead I would recommend starting daily meditations and journaling. Meditations to help clear up external and internal noise, getting better sense of self and the surroundings, and journaling as a diary to record everything, every event, sensation, thought, dream and vision in detail. Even things that seem minor and random, even if non of which will make sense at first, still should be recorded, but eventually it might start to make sense, bit by bit, quite likely, and being able to rewind back in time to re-read own records will be useful.
But if it's too much bother, some medication can and do block all the senses, that's always and option too, imo.

alexandros8888
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by alexandros8888 »

First, of all, I can`t really advise you about books to learn about psychic development for many reasons. The most important reason is that there are many more experienced occultists than me in this forum, and then unfortunately the occultists around the world(at least from the best of my knowledge)cannot agree if the most powerful way to awaken ones psychic abilities is a grimoire for example which draws its power from egregores/thoughtforms, real entities, archetypal symbols.e.t.c.or a personified system of power. Then there is a common misconception/misinterpretation. For one to be an innate psychic does not mean that mundane actions are not necessary to be taken. Conceive for example one simple magic spell. When it is cast, it does not mean for someone to stay idle like there is a <<tree of money>>Instead, the caster must work hard in the material world to be able to manifest the requested money. If one in the spiritual world attracts a good job, for instance, it does not mean automatically that the good job can be acquired without evolving his/her intercommunication abilities with his/her colleagues,leadership skills e.tc.The same can also be applied for cleansing or banishing spells etc.

Return to “Wish List”