Awen

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Awen

Post by WildWolf »

Awen: An Overview

This essay on Awen, emerged as a result of a lack of sources. Despite Awen’s widespread use as a key sound in many Druidic/Celtic streams of magick, i couldn’t find any online sources that went into the nitty gritty of it’s Arcana. Therefore, after some intensive training, i thought i’d share my insights. Note: this is intended as a brief Introduction, for those interested in exploration.

Basics of Praxis

When working with key sounds, in the majority of situations, it is insufficient to resuscitate the sound without “intensity”. Every mantric repetition, must be done, as if you are casting a spell or any act that exercises the “Will”. There is a technical reason for why this is so. In the same way that a body builder must breakdown the musculature system, in order to form new matrices of tissue, so must you blast the energy body with mantric intensity, so that long-dusty and stagnant channels are flushed open and rivers of Qi can flow. All systems, have a tendency to be stubborn in change….as a result….every mantric repetition must be apocalyptic. This will bring about maximal results.

Offerings

Repetition of Awen is the core key for growth, within this current of sorcery, yet it is not unwise to seek external assistance, in order to avoid unnecessary struggle. Merlin, Forests and the Fae, all have strong connections to this key sound. Making regular offerings and asking for assistance in your Awen praxis, will help smooth out the journey. Even with dedicated training, there will be bumpy roads and tough knots in the system, that can take deeply concentrated effort to work through. Having spirit allies to assist you on the path, is advisable.

—————

The following is a list of Arcana, that from my experience, are key properties of the Awen current of Sorcery. Whether a person has a resonance with the current and there own constitution, will determine the ease of which each property grows. For any nerds, like myself…..you can understand each of these areas as branches of a skill tree, within the realm of Awen.

Natural Qi
Most people have had the experience of sitting quietly out in nature and feeling the absolute peace and tranquility that comes from relaxing in Nature’s Qi field. One modern term we have for this effect is called “Forest Bathing”. A property of Awen, is to stimulate this effect internally, so that your own energy will start to imbibe and create that Natural Qi. This is my favorite effect of working with Awen….the ability to carry Nature’s serenity within you…..is a gift beyond words.

Sight
Sight goes by many names, but is universally recognized in the occult. Seeing Auras, Energy, Spirits…..in essence….learning to part the veil and have a peak into other Realms. Skill in this area varies dramatically, some people are born with Sight and find it a constant nuisance, while others will train for years and only achieve slight success. Take a lesson from Merlin’s lore and do not pluck the fruit before it ripens. Moving at a relaxed pace, is optimal.

Healing
There is an enormous variety of Healing styles out there, Reiki, Crystals, Chi Projection, Vortexes…..etc. Encoded within this Arcana, is its own system, that will gradually unfold through training. So far in my understanding…there is a heavy emphasis on Root Methods.

Exorcism
Binding/Restraining malevolent forces. Personally, it comes through for me as an expression of Spider Mysteries. Each individual will likely have this aspect come through, according to there innate skills.

Shapeshifting
The amount of Lore surrounding shapeshifting is staggering. I don’t think i’ve ever seen a mythology, that didn’t have at-least one member of a pantheon changing form. So far….my understanding of Shapeshifting, is that it refers to the mysteries of the Astral Body and learning to manipulate it for an incredibly diverse amount of effects.

Weaving
Spells, Language, Perceiving Patterns……this is a common enough attribute seen in the occult.

Prophecy
Prophecy is similar to divination….accept your looking at larger patterns flowing through reality. Migration of Civilizations, Fate of a Species, Trajectory of an Empire……etc.

-I hope this overview was helpful. Cheers.

Cerber

Re: Awen

Post by Cerber »

nice! thanks

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Cerber wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:16 amnice! thanks
Np. May Awen, be a boon to your path.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

An additional note...i am far from a master at the Mantric arts.....but what i am finding, in my exploration, is that different key sounds have different rhythms in which they like to be used. This varies depending on the underlying force being evoked. Saying it regularly is fine and will get results....but it is optimal to pay attention to the core energy and synchronize your resuscitation with the natural flow of the sound.

It can be difficult to tune into the power of a key sound when your still energetically tone deaf....but it's something to keep in mind during your exploration. Cheers.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Forest vibes with Gordon White (Rune Soup). Ayahuasca, Shamanism and the Occult. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI8ZwqY06DY

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Awen does seem to have, a subtle connection to mushrooms....a recent insight that just popped up. I guess this makes sense, given the "forest" connection. A small update...cheers.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Came across this quote and found it quite resonant with these mysteries:

"A good poem is a contribution to reality. The world is never the same once a good poem has been added to it. A good poem helps to change the shape and significance of the universe, helps to extend everyone’s knowledge of himself and the world around him." Dylan Thomas

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Beautiful interview, resonates with the current (awen).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L1E83u6qX4

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”