Hello, Just Here Looking For Practical Occult Training Manuals

Announce your presence, if you will.

Elementriloquist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hello, Just Here Looking For Practical Occult Training Manuals

Post by Elementriloquist »

I go by Elementriloquist.

My main focus is "Initiation Into Hermetics" by Franz Bardon but I am also looking for similar systems/books to see if they mesh well and can amplify eachother.

Theory is obviously important, but I find that too many occult books offer ONLY theory and therefore they don't really teach you anything. If you cannot test a theory you've been taught, you'll never truly know if it's accurate or not, and you may end up basing your entire practice on a flawed theory. I'd very much like to not waste my time or efforts.

Finding practical occult books is hard, and finding a book that is on par with Initiation Into Hermetics has been an impossible task for me. So maybe one of you can help.

If you have any suggestions, please respond in the thread I made here: https://www.occultforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=41583

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Hello, Just Here Looking For Practical Occult Training Manuals

Post by Amor »

> If you cannot test a theory you've been taught, you'll never truly know

Quite so.

And what are the preconditions for testing? In the physical world, double blind tests are often preferred so that consciousness of the practitioners cannot bias the result.

At a deeper level, if the practitioners cannot control their thoughts, how do they know what their consciousness and subsconsciousness are doing?

Thus the first steps in safe occult training is bringing emotional desires and thoughts under control. Until that happens the would-be occultist is food for predators

Return to “Introductions”