Psychic Attacks

Help,advice and discussion on Sleep Paralysis.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Arckangel

Some of you know what is. Not necessarily a nightmare. You're in bed, you're awake, self-aware but you literally, physically can't move, open your mouth, do anything. Sometimes you physically feel some kind of pressure against your neck, like someone is trying to strangle you. You pray and fight it until it goes away and you can move.

Did you ever experience it? How would you know who caused it and PUNISH the vampire or whatever person or demon that caused the attack? How would YOU cause them a psychic attack. I always pray and protect myself magically. I actually stopped once I moved. It used to happen once a week or more. It stopped but happened again this morning. Thank God I fought it.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

Original post: shadow flame

sleep paralysis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

Original post: Kath_

its probably just sleep paralysis... then again, there's no actual evidence that sleep paralysis is a 'natural' phenomenon. Its just scientifically labeled and categorized and patted on the back for being made nice and rational ;)

Kath

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

Original post: Arckangel

Thanks for the info.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

Original post: shadow flame

[QUOTE=Kath_;322815]its probably just sleep paralysis... then again, there's no actual evidence that sleep paralysis is a 'natural' phenomenon. Its just scientifically labeled and categorized and patted on the back for being made nice and rational ;)

Kath[/QUOTE]
of course, sleep paralysis could be caused by something supernatural, but then it would raise many questions, such as "is it one of methods of psychic attacks" or "is some sort of force or creature behind all of the attacks".
too many questions ant too little answers in this case...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

Original post: bidibom

ive experianced this once

i am almost a 100% certain that this is NOT a natural phenomenon. this happened to me one in a room where a lot of wierd things have happened, and its propably not a very nice spirit resting in there. just a couple months before i slept in the same room (this is the guest room in our house, in wich i sleep sometimes just to get a break from my regular messed up one), and i actually saw a rotting dead body hanging from the ceiling... for real... not fun

this is not a good feeling... i tried to yell for help but i couldnt, youre just totally helpless for a like 2 minutes... i think its got something to do with that when youve slept for a while you are extremely open for theese kind of "attacks"

natural phenomenon my ass... it could also just be a real big fucking coinsidence, but i really doubt that...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

Original post: Pheathers

I use to get these all the time...sometimes as much as once or twice a week. I use to think it was going to kill me. Went to a neurologist for testing and everything was normal.
I don't *think* it can kill you (the first attack I had, I think I had an OBE, thought I was dead). My advice is when it begins, just relax, clear your mind and just focus on trying to wiggle your fingers, breathe nice and slow...don't panic or you're screwed.
After having them for about 7 years, the attacks became less frequent and eventually went away. Not sure if it was because I learned to calm myself or what. But the more you fight it, the more painful and frightening it is.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

Original post: Rend Sever

Never experienced such paralysis, but I have been harassed while trying to sleep. Creaking noises, being poked, etc.

I usually just yell at them, in a stern booming voice. Tell them to shut the fuck up, or if they need something come back in the morning. In my experience they've been pretty understanding and/or intimidated and just left.

Try it. Exert some dominance. You are boss, not them.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

I think I could make a fairly compelling case for sleep paralysis not being a 'natural' phenomenon. For example, in a large majority of cases the person reports seeing or strongly 'feeling' an unfriendly inhuman presence. Intuitively most associate their paralysis as a direct result of the influence of the 'visitor'.

Also, the 'demonic attack' sleep paralysis and the 'alien abduction' models are almost identical in their details.

Further this is not a culture-specific issue. In every culture in the world, there is the association between sleep paralysis and an inhuman visitor or visitors. In european cultures sleep paralysis entities were associated as the same entities which cause frightening dreams.

basically, psychology/neuroscience says that the mechanism which turns off motor action while you dream (so you don't kick the lamp while fighting bruce lee in your dream) is responsible for making you unable to move. If you've ever started to fall asleep, and been dreaming and woke yourself up by making a jerking motion in response to the dream content... well they're claiming that sleep paralysis is the inverse of this. but there is no medical or scientific evidence that this is the case. It is essentially a guess. Though it is touted as the official reality, in discredit of more spiritual explanations.

Personally I don't see what would be so terrifying about a few moments of paralysis when you wake up, although I have not experienced it. However, most people feel that it is a very intimidating and draining experience, i'm inclined to believe them. I have plenty of experience with malevolent spiritual visitations which do not involve sleep paralysis, so I am familiar with the general situation of entity antagonism. even though i've never had sleep paralysis.

Kath

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

Original post: Blade

I used to get this really often, was caused by a huge lack of grounding when I first started practicing things magical. Sometimes you can get attacks stemming from this state, and or perhaps beings able to induce this state to attack you. However it is usually just a state of slight separation between your astral/etheral and physical sometimes caused by a rapid reentry into your body... Or as the scientific label calls it, its caused by a specific hormone generated when you sleep used to inhibit movement, not clearing out soon enough, or you just waking way way to rapidly.

Also on a side note, this state is damn useful if you are trying to explore the astral and or etheral, as since you are already quite loosely connected you can with a tiny bit of focus separate completely and float freely. Just to note though, you hardly ever have control of what sphere you project into using this method, but if you know your correspondences enough you can travel to another one simply enough anyhow.

Ps.. don't die too soon, I wont be able to eat you :(

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

Original post: Anathema_Oracle
I think I could make a fairly compelling case for sleep paralysis not being a 'natural' phenomenon. For example, in a large majority of cases the person reports seeing or strongly 'feeling' an unfriendly inhuman presence. Intuitively most associate their paralysis as a direct result of the influence of the 'visitor'.

I know it's never 100% conclusive when replicated under controlled conditions but some experiments using electrical stimulis or certain parts of the brain (not sure which ones) replicate the experience of a menacing figure/alien abduction/demons in an almost identical manner.

Which leads me to speculate it's a product of the mind, a kind of temporary psychosis, which dreamstates seem to be as well.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

Original post: bidibom

[QUOTE=Anathema_Oracle;324003]Which leads me to speculate it's a product of the mind, a kind of temporary psychosis, which dreamstates seem to be as well.[/QUOTE]

i believe dreaming is a shared state of condition by everyone in it. you become more vulnerable to this "telepathic", if you will, state by the introduction of DMT in your brain. DMT is one of the most potent psychedelics in the world, and your brain pumps it in you during sleep. i have never tried pure DMT, but i have tried psychedelic mushrooms... and i can see how you are more vulerable to attacks while influenced by it. i also think when actually dreaming you are also more able to defend yourself, because youre not aware that youre dreaming, or something, or because your whole soul is actually involved in it if you will...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

[QUOTE=Anathema_Oracle;324003]I know it's never 100% conclusive when replicated under controlled conditions but some experiments using electrical stimulis or certain parts of the brain (not sure which ones) replicate the experience of a menacing figure/alien abduction/demons in an almost identical manner.

Which leads me to speculate it's a product of the mind, a kind of temporary psychosis, which dreamstates seem to be as well.[/QUOTE]

mmm, yes, but if a person were to poke just the right spot in your brain with a toothpick, you would suddenly taste cotton candy... but it doesn't make cotton candy a ficticious substance eh? ;)

Its very easy to say that the 'figure' which people often report is 'dreamed up'. The catch is that it is so common. If it were dreamed up, you'd expect more people to associate sleep paralysis with being pinned down by a giant coffee cake or something.

Could Sleep Paralysis simply be that its just a malfunction between consciousness and motor control, with an associated brain stimulation which often specifically causes a sort of paranoid hallucination of a particular type? yeah, I'm just saying that there's no evidence at all that this theory is correct in describing what's going on, other than that it's neatly non-mysitcal. Its a wild guess with a comfortable context.

It's much the same as deja vu, there's a 'medical' explanation for that as well, although there is absolutely no scientific evidence directly supporting the explanation. The only thing which makes it popular is that it's just sufficiently UN-mystic for the mainstream scientific community, and it does an adequate job of getting rid of something otherwise inexplainable within the bounds of accepted models for how the universe works. In the case of deja vu, I am certain the medical explanation is incorrect (to be fair, I think most of the mystic explanations are incorrect as well though).

I LOVE science... and I rather dislike religions... the trouble is that so many people make science into a religion. Science should be neutral, "open mindedly cynical", and 'evidence-driven'.

Kath

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Attacks

Original post: Pheathers

Out of the 100's of "attacks" I've had, I've only ever seen a "figure" once. It started out where I "woke up" to see a shadowy humanoid sitting on the edge of my bed. I asked it, "who are you?" and it quickly turned around and threw itself ontop of me. Then I proceded to have a full blown "hag attack".

I can't even guess if these are "real" astral boogie men or just brain bloopers. But I'm glad I no longer suffer from this.

Oh, and it's not just being paralyzed. For me, there was a sensation of having an electrified swored stabbed into your heart, it was painful. Afterwards, I was totally drained, just ruined my mornings.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Psychic Attacks

Post by manonthepath »

I had something quite similar happen to me. I'm certain I was visited by a demon entity. Even after I woke up it continued to sit on my chest and bite its nails as it did. After about a minute or so it just disappeared. You mentioned that you are hungry for vengeance. If bitter rage and stuff like that is a regular part of your life, this may be something that could have attracted the energy to you. If this is the case, you can blame yourself. Just to make my position clear I'm not trying to insult you or disrespect you by talking to you as I would any grownup. I'm trying to provide input to a person I know nothing about you except for what you put in your post, so realize that I'm trying to help you avoid this shit in the future. Free advice is worth what you pay for it, but here is mine. Vengeance is an expensive luxury that sooner or later will cost you more than the juvenile pleasure you derive from it. If you can grow to a point where you can look ahead instead of back, you will be better off. Why not instead turn the experience into a positive thing and learn from it. anyway, celebrate the fact that you are probably the only kid on your block to have had such an experience.

Shadowman82
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Psychic Attacks

Post by Shadowman82 »

I believe in most cases these attacks are caused by spirit beings that either just like to scare people or feed off their energy . In most cases these are not particularly powerful spirits and can be defended against if you know how . For example I've never had any of them get past energy based wards .

Return to “Sleep Paralysis”