Knights Templar seek apology from Pope

For difficult to define queries.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Jaaks

Thanks for the interesting article Frater Qim, the question is will the Vatican apologize?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Fr. Qim

Good question. Hard to say really. Maybe eventually....course this does concern a group who at one time was the private militant arm of the Pope, so they may be more inclinded to action.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Ceriel Nosforit

Not to mention the banking bit. Concidering the current state of the world, the vatican might speed the process up quite a bit.
Still, that's when the 'normal' speed is comparable to the rate lead melts at at normal temperature.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: KCh

Do I sense a landslide here? Who's next the Cathars?

Really, I despise apologies. They make no sense. Why apologize for something that has already happened? Basically the apology was invented by those who want other's pity and to hide their own motives under a cloud of self fault that they don't deserve nor truly believe.

Templars: Apologize to us!

Church: Ok, we're sorry, but that ain't gonna stop nothin we've already established! Now pray before my feet jimmy and be sure to focus on my thighs!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Agreed, it changes nothing. But I do find it interesting.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: pride_is_a_virtue

... a few years back the pope apologised for all the persecution the church did in its history.

edit: though I was rather out of it then, so I could have hallucinated it.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: WindigoXXVIII

"The organisation built up vast riches from booty it pillaged while fighting in the Holy Lands. " Didnt the Templars also act as a bank which many royals were in debt to? Thats why I thought they were brought down. Similar case with the jews.

I remember in the early 90's the pope pardoned Galileo...
I dont think all these attempts to change their past image really attracts new followers, or keeps those that are straying, so what is the point?
And what is the Templars' motive?, to be accepted as a legitimate, harmless organization?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Caradoc

Apologies are important, 'sorry' is a very magical word. It not only expresses the sorrow, which part is pretty obvious, but it's also a commitment not to reoffend in the same way in future.

Saying 'sorry' is making a public statement acknowledging your mistakes... and that is absolutely vital in the case of the Pope. Recently he apologised for the Catholic Church's failure to speak out against the persecutions of the Jews and others during the Second World War. What that actually means is that the Pope at that time was WRONG. The Church really needs to start apologising more and eventually even the Catholics will have to reject the whole 'infallability of the Pope' myth. That's got to be a good thing, right?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

C.,

Not nearly good enough.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Caradoc

[QUOTE=KCh]C.,

Not nearly good enough.[/QUOTE]Ah but it's a good starting place surely...

The Pope tells us that the Pope was wrong...

The Pope is infallible...

Therefore the Pope is always right and never wrong...

Therefore the Pope is right in saying that the Pope was wrong...

But the Pope can't have been wrong...

Therefore the Pope must be right in his own mind but what he's telling us is a lie...

But isn't lieing wrong in itself?

Doesn't that mean that the Pope was wrong?

But can the Pope be wrong?

*Feedback loop fries the brain*

*Enlightenment*

:lol:

Man, I need to get off these bloody painkillers :(

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Technically the pope is only "infalliable" when issuing specific kindas of statements. I beleive the term is "ex cathedria" or something like that. The rest of the time, his decisions are individual value judgements.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Offramp

Firstly, there is no need for the Vatican to apologize for anything because an Clement V already exonerated the Templars of any wrongdoing in about 1308. You have to look up the Chinon Document. Phillip the Fair did not accept the pope's verdict and proceeded anyway.

The other thing is... Who are these Joe Schmoes in Hertford, England, who say they want the apology? They are just a bunch of farts in space-suits with about as much claim to be Templars as my Aunt Mabel.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Jenfucius

I think what theTemplars are basically seeking in the apology is for the Catholic church to acknowledge that wrongs were done to them by the Church????

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Offramp

[QUOTE=Jenfucius]I think what theTemplars are basically seeking in the apology is for the Catholic church to acknowledge that wrongs were done to them by the Church????[/QUOTE]But the Templars no longer exist! That's the point, they were wiped out.
Anyone can say he is a Templar, but no one will have any proof...
Even the Masonic Knights Templar do not claim to be directly connecte dto the originals -although I personally think that the first 3 degrees of modern Freemasonry may well be devolved from the Knights Templar - but there is no proof of that.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Jenfucius

True

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Nergal

[QUOTE=Offramp]But the Templars no longer exist! That's the point, they were wiped out.
Anyone can say he is a Templar, but no one will have any proof...
Even the Masonic Knights Templar do not claim to be directly connecte dto the originals -although I personally think that the first 3 degrees of modern Freemasonry may well be devolved from the Knights Templar - but there is no proof of that.[/QUOTE] Oh... um, I'm a templar. That's right. And I'm a certified Pope.
This apology is pointless, in my eyes. But it does make for good entertainment.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Tyrione/Taireon

Let me ask you something.

How many people do you know have ever heard of the Chinon Document?

How many people have a misrepresentation of the Knights Templars?

The present day falsehoods on the Knights Templars and the whole entire Renaissance Western Magickal Mystery Schools and moreso is common amongst the worlds Xianists.

Seeing the Pope formally apologize to the Knights Templar would have a profound fact on history. The many lines from the Templars and the broad strokes history painted around the Templars and any who had connections with the Templars will suddenly have to be reinvestigated.

This will cause a more accurate report of history to be written.

It will also open up investigations into the falsehoods and Black Brotherhood we all know to be the Catholic Church.

It may take a century but we've wallowed in over 2,000 years of half-truths already.

[QUOTE=Offramp]Firstly, there is no need for the Vatican to apologize for anything because an Clement V already exonerated the Templars of any wrongdoing in about 1308. You have to look up the Chinon Document. Phillip the Fair did not accept the pope's verdict and proceeded anyway.

The other thing is... Who are these Joe Schmoes in Hertford, England, who say they want the apology? They are just a bunch of farts in space-suits with about as much claim to be Templars as my Aunt Mabel.[/QUOTE]

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: WindigoXXVIII

[QUOTE=Offramp]
The other thing is... Who are these Joe Schmoes in Hertford, England, who say they want the apology? They are just a bunch of farts in space-suits with about as much claim to be Templars as my Aunt Mabel.[/QUOTE]
HAHA i was wondering that also. since high-brow English people are really into class systems, and the ones claiming this heritage, or lineage or whatever it is that makes them Templars, this apology thing might be a way to get their rightful place in some kinda aristocracy they missed out on.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: adept_nul

The vatican reply...

Give us the Grail and we'll give you an apology

:D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Phasianidae

[QUOTE=adept_nul]The vatican reply...

Give us the Grail and we'll give you an apology

:D[/QUOTE]

ROTFL! Good one! *Pats you on the back*

Siriusly, you know what I think?

"What do you think, Phas?" relied the peaNUT gallery, or "gallery of nuts," heh heh.

I think it's the Templars way of - in addition to securing an apology, which is indeed much deserved, if not necassarily really needed, unless perhaps to help further legitimize the K.T. - reminding the World at large that they are not only still around, but refuse to let such atrocities fall into the slot of "let bygones be bygones." Let alone evert happen on any scale again to modern heretics.

[Incidentally, on a side topic: does anyone know if the native Americans have ever receieved an Official Government appology? I'm guessing it's not likely, since it took up untill Bill Clinton for black slaves to even get one (not that, black America being so self-hating and nihilstic all around now, thanks to the hip-hop culture of death it feeds and feeds on, they even cared when they got one. Ever notice that? The Chandala, or unclean masses, when truly victimized, refuse to ever rise above: they seek apologies and then, getting what they want, still say "Well, whatever....it's still not good enough!" I doubt the native Americans would say that, though.]

I think it's interesting, though, that the Templars are making an appearance in mainstream (U.K., at least) media and all that, though. Is this common? Does anyone know when they last surfaced this publically? Do they have an Official Website?

But is anyone else worried that the possible, however improbable, implications of an actual Papal Apology (muttered from under his hard-drawn breath as it will be, heh)....I mean, like, for all the conspiracy buffs: What of the two joined forces, and not to help the K.T. agenda (which I don't know anything abut in its modern conception)? Yikes, let's drop that scary thought.

Or, maybeeeee....The K.T. have a subversive Anti-Pope "Trojan Horse" [!] to instill once the current one dies, thus revoltionizing Chritianity entirely, making way for Paganism's (re-)incorporation into the Church.

It's such a deviously clever idea, I can't imagine it hsn't at least occurred to them. :twisted:

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

C.,

And just how many Christians do you think will actually get where your going with this!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: adept_nul

Of course the group asking for the apology has nowt to do with the original Templars.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Ognamus

Bah, they should overthrow the vatican instead. By now they should have more than enough dirt on the Roman Catholics to ruin them forever, even in the eyes of the devout and fanatics.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: ChaosTech

This reminds me of white people telling black people sorry about slavery.

What a bunch of rubbish. The black people of today are not slaves, the white peple of today are not slave owners, and no one alive of either "race" has ever been so.

No different than, the templars of today didn't suffer the fates of their "ancestors," and the Catholics or their Pope, wasn't the ones that commited the crimes.

This happened hundreds of years ago, and weither belonging to the innocent or guilty parties, all died long ago.

What's next? The Iraqis appologising to Israel, for Nebuchadnezzar (the ancient Babylonian king) conquring the ancient Israelites?

Or how about an official world wide appology to all those poor Neandertals who died out, never getting a chance to rule the earth, like us homo sapiens, because we were a better evolutionary strain of hominids?

Hahaha. Give me a fricking break. :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”