Active members count

Wish list for future additions to the site

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Active members count

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Could we please have an active members count next to the total members count. The active members count could total the number of members that have logged in in the last 30 days. This would then show that this place isnt as quiet as it sometimes seems, seeing as I reckon our active members count is probably about 20 people or so. Ive seen this done on other forums, so I know it is possible.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Active members count

Post by Nahemah »

I'd estimate the activity count,especially if tallied over a 30 day basis,to be higher than 20 members.

I recently made a conservative estimate regarding this,curiously enough, in a conversation with a friend,where I said 30,but I was being cautious and was a bit too reserved with that number,I 've since been thinking,as members come and post and go then return,so it's a slow but steady grower here.How syncronous this is,lol. [wink]

That aside,I have no reservations about it being added,but I also pay attention to the lurker count :i.e.number of guests online,which also shows interest is being stimulated.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Yeah, theres a huge lurker count, something in excess of 50 people a day I reckon - the question is how do we turn lurkers into active members? We need a tactic - maybe you could give them signed photos of you if they join up or something?

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

That aside, do you reckon theres any chance to have a counter that monitors how many people are using the forum so that people can see that this place is really active? I reckon it would attract more people to the forum if they can see that people are actually using the place, rather than it just saying the number of accounts that are registered.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I think signed photies of me might have the opposite effect,lolololol ....

Given my own lurking propensities,I 'd say it's a matter of time and trust,more than owt else.I tend to hang around a while before joining in anywhere even now,but I was oh so very shy and nervous about joining in when I first found online Occult and Pagan forums,online.I felt everyone else was more knowledgable and much more well read than I was,so I 'd wait for ages before I felt confident enough to post.

This would be something for Vashta to sort out,as far as I 'm aware,I'll check though,but as he handles the skin related features and the coding aspects,it is likely we need him to activate it.

I'll flag this and the other topic [re :more moderators] in the admin board too.You could drop him a pm also,if you wish?

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

Hi, sorry for the massive delays getting back to you guys, feels like I've not really been around since before Christmas.

It's something I can look into, the forum is PHPBB based so if there's a plugin for that, we can add it. I'll put it onto a list of things i need to check up on :P

Vovi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vovi »

I'm so glad to see more activity here : )

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

The thing with the lurkers is like Nahemah said: When I was younger and started dealing with topic myself I found myself lacking crucial knowledge to conversate. Now I know I lack knowledge but have enough motivation and curiosity to write questions. On the other hand I would be lurker if I knew there is a chance to be mixed with a mud for "dumb" question... [tongue]

Praise Teh Sun \[T]/
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

*deep voice* Goood! [thumbup]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Return to “Wish List”