Inducing Lucid Dreaming / Sleep Paralysis

Help,advice and discussion on Sleep Paralysis.

Zeon1985
Forum Member
Forum Member

Inducing Lucid Dreaming / Sleep Paralysis

Post by Zeon1985 »

I've been attempting to self induce- lucid dreaming and/or sleep paralysis, without success. Don't worry, I'm attempting this naturally without outside influences such as hallucinogens or narcotics.

I know a lot about inducing lucid dreaming, such as using reality checks, and looking at your hands. It worked once, but I was awoken almost immediately after. I'm in need of SP methodology more, but I'm open to tips on either one.

Please do not bombard my post with illegal drug remedies. Firstly, I'd have no way to distinguish my imagination from reality. Secondly, I'm not a fan of seeking out shady drug dealers, or worse, undercover police.

I appreciate your time and knowledge! :)

Zeon
And when the eye of the storm arrives, the flock shall emerge and prepare, for though ultimate damnation await, they shall not give in to sorrow and despair, but look to the horizon with faith, perserverance, and determination.

dRider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Inducing Lucid Dreaming / Sleep Paralysis

Post by dRider »

No drugs is the best way to go. There are a lot of them that can get you there quicker, sometime even clean ways, but they never last without more. Sober mastery also allows for the most alternate and linked skills to be found or thought up and practiced. You go dude.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

For sleep paralysis I just lie on my back.

That's it.I very quickly become aware of pressure on my chest wall and off I go.I don't like inducing it deliberately like that and I can't guarantee it'll happen for you too,but it always works for me.
I experience the full on 'hag ride' type and the chest pressure is a definate precursor to this.

I also have a mild sleep apnoea,so because I am the responsible type: Don't try to induce SP this way if you have other underlying medical issues or have not yet mastered escape techniques.[this is general,not specific to you Zeon1985.]

Do you have a preferred/working escape method Zeon?
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Zeon1985
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Zeon1985 »

Meditation after about 30 mins of emptying my cobciousness is the only way I've been able to escape. I think the location I go to is a deeper conciousness, but I'm not sure.
And when the eye of the storm arrives, the flock shall emerge and prepare, for though ultimate damnation await, they shall not give in to sorrow and despair, but look to the horizon with faith, perserverance, and determination.

LandOfShadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LandOfShadows »

Hi

Please see this Topic: http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 46&t=33696
and part 10 – The opening of the Eyes for more details, however here is part:

Not sure why you would want to gain Sleep Paralysis... In the methods above, just try moving when you feel like your made of wax, it ca be a little scarey, to breakout of it try pushing into the bed with your knuckles to raise your wrist, like rolling the hand, that does it for me.

Hope this helps

LoS
Steve

Zeon1985
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Zeon1985 »

I feel that a state of or similar to SP would allow me some in-"sight" (see what I did there? [crazy] ) to the goings on around me.

I'm not really afraid of the state. When I meditate, my body feels like it's heavier, or disconnected. And besides,, if nothing else, I'm curious.

I will try the methods of astral projection you posted. I really enjoy the methodology and theory behind these types of endeavours. Thanks very much for the post.

Zeon

burt
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by burt »

Hello zeon, I've never succesfully induced a lucid dream but I do know that if you make reality checks a part if your daily routine, such as turning on a light switch and making sure the light turns on, lucid dreams will come easier to you. Also keeping a dreamlog can help. As for your problem with staying in a lucid dream, if you feel that your going to wake up from a lucid dream start spinning around in your dream, it brings you right back and makes everything more vivid I have no idea why though but I have done it before in 1 of my only 2 lucid dreams I've had and it worked. If you want to obtain the state of sleep paralysis its quite easy. What I do is lay in bed, on my back and repeat one word or phrase in my mind over and over again. By repeating this word or phrase over and over again the brain thinks of it as white noise and your body falls asleep while your mind stays awake. I've reached SP several times this way and it only takes about 15 mins. I hope I've helped. Good luck

Zeon1985
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Zeon1985 »

Thanks Burt! I will definitely try these.

Thanks to all the posters so far, looking forward to more. :)

Zeon1985
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Zeon1985 »

I've had little progress towards lucid dreaming. I just get si wrapped up in my dreams that I don't do my reality check. However, my dreams have become more vivid as of late, so I guess that's a start.

However, I have been able to improve my meditation in an effort to get to know Lyra, my guide and friend. There are times when my imagination tries to take over, and looking at my hands inside the meditative state helps shunt those ideas and images.

I will update as I progress, this is something I want control over. I've been able to lucidly dream in the past once or twice, and I could get a lot done during those sessions since my ties to my reality is weaker.

Zeon

Orbweaver
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Orbweaver »

SP and lucid dreaming were actually my first spiritual experiences and have helped me greatly over the years.

for sleep paralysis, there's a great free download of about 30:00 called "alpha mind control" that was originally for PTSD patients or some such, but has been repurposed as a tool for achieving what you seek. I also might recommend searching youtube for instructionals, there are a few that are extremely enlightening.

beyond this, lucid dreaming is all about maintaining control of a blank mind. to fall into a dream you must keep your mind clear and allow it to happen, yet to make the dream lucid you will need to keep your mind conscious.

one method of "waking into a dream" that is common practice is reality checks. a personal example of this is when the thought "am i asleep/dreaming" enters my mind, I impulsively look down at my left hand and attempt to truly press my other thumb through my palm. if i'm awake and it fails to do so, I tell myself "no, i am awake", however if it works and I am truly asleep I say aloud "I am awake, and control the world around me".

albatross
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by albatross »

Sleep deprivation and an irregular sleep schedule is one of the surest ways of inducing sleep paralysis. I experienced it at least 4 times a week as an undergraduate, pulling all nighters to complete homework assignments. The most intense SP occurred when I was would just lay down for a quick nap in the middle of the day between classes, rather than laying down to go to sleep for the night. Abstaining from alcohol and stimulants is also helpful.

I rarely experience SP now that I sleep 8 hours a night and have a consistent sleep schedule. I didn't find it a particularly pleasant experience, so I don't miss it.

Lucid dreaming is a lot harder to induce, in my opinion... but there are some things you can do to prepare which might help. Setting an alarm to go off early in the morning, around 4 or 5 AM has been helpful for me. I'm far more likely to remember my dreams upon waking and induce a lucid state upon falling back to sleep. Many have mentioned that practicing dream recall is one way of becoming lucid more easily, and I find this to be true. Writing down your dreams is one way of doing this. Also, I've noticed that I'm much more likely to have vivid dreams or lucid dreams if I've recently eaten foods than contain a high amount of tryptophan. I usually take a few spirulina supplements before going to sleep if I want to attempt to induce a lucid state. There are plenty other foods you can eat instead though. Again, abstaining from alcohol and stimulants (at least temporarily) is also beneficial for better dreaming.

I highly recommend you check out ww.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com.

Return to “Sleep Paralysis”