What does your name mean?

Announce your presence, if you will.

Rontu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What does your name mean?

Post by Rontu »

Rontu is an old Finnish word and it's still an alive family name. I come from this family but I don't wear the name in public.

In North it means branches and fallen trees. I've fallen many times.
In Northern Karelia it means some kind of slaughter products. I've felt an outsider all my life and my family used to treat me like a piece of shit.
But for me it's that side of my family tree that I hate the most in myself every now and then, due to my issues in my past and some parts that I still carry in me.
I took the name to overcome all this shit and I carry it with glory.

[OFFTOPIC]
Clockwork_Ghost wrote: I am a Clockwork Ghost. Each morning I wake up half dead from the anti-psychotics I use to get to sleep
Just out of curiosity, what products do you use [question2] If you feel comfortable with sharing this information.
It's not been long since I saved myself from those. Sozz for offtopic, feel free to delete/modify this part if it's not okay.
[/OFFTOPIC]

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Clockwork_Ghost wrote:If you wish to share the reason why you have chosen your name, please feel free to do so below. If you have no real reason for choosing it, but would like to tell others what the name means, please feel free to do so here too.

The Clockwork Ghost is a character from a story I one wrote. He travels through town completely invisible to all the other residents, trying to get someone's attention. Nobody can see him however, and he simply drifts along without any purpose for even existing - a ghost adrift in a sea of humanity. Each morning he winds himself up with a big brass key, and then slowly winds down over the course of the day, before running out of energy and going back to sleep again.

I am a Clockwork Ghost. Each morning I wake up half dead from the anti-psychotics I use to get to sleep, I wind myself up through meditation, then go out in to the world - full of energy. I am a nobody, I do a nothing job - I could be anyone. Nobody sees me because I hide in plain sight, just the same as everyone else. I then wind down over the course of the day, my mechanism slowly unravelling, until I come to a complete stop once more.

How about you?

Wow, I really like this. This will give me something intriguing to think about every time I read a post from you.

My full name is Hælos Tireoh Dagaz.
It's a mix of several words in Latin that appealed to me (that I can no longer remember) and then scrambled. The last name only happens to be a rune. I originally kept it because it's a unique spelling on Dagas (as in Edgar Degas, a fantastic painter).
There's not any real purpose to it, just something unique that came from a mix of lots of other words. It's been empowered as my chosen name, so by now it represents many things that were not my original intent.
If you can't figure out how to pronounce that, by the way:
Hey-low(s)-----(hay)-(lowe)hard S
Tear-Eh-Oh----(teer)-(aye)-long o
Day-Gah
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Rontu wrote: [OFFTOPIC]
Clockwork_Ghost wrote: I am a Clockwork Ghost. Each morning I wake up half dead from the anti-psychotics I use to get to sleep
Just out of curiosity, what products do you use [question2] If you feel comfortable with sharing this information.
It's not been long since I saved myself from those. Sozz for offtopic, feel free to delete/modify this part if it's not okay.
[/OFFTOPIC]
I take 100mgs of Seroquel each night. It has a sedating effect, so it serves a dual purpose. I used to take considerably more at one stage, plus other anti-psychotics and anti-depressants, and associated pills to counter side effects, for blood pressure, and one that supposedly turned any alcohol I drank into formaldehyde, but I never tested that.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Clockwork_Ghost wrote:
Rontu wrote: [OFFTOPIC]
[/OFFTOPIC]
I take 100mgs of Seroquel each night. It has a sedating effect, so it serves a dual purpose. I used to take considerably more at one stage, plus other anti-psychotics and anti-depressants, and associated pills to counter side effects, for blood pressure, and one that supposedly turned any alcohol I drank into formaldehyde, but I never tested that.
I took Seroquel or Quetiapine for 10 years until I couldn't stand it any longer. I think it contributed to giving me diabetes. I didn't have diabetes until I went off it. I can't believe you managed to make it so far on that drug. On that drug I could never be a morning person and now that I'm off it I am. Plus it would plug up my nose shortly after taking it which fostered an otrivin addiction which would start to cause nosebleeds after a few years.

You know I had to withdraw from it 3 times which was hell. It took a few months of certain supplements but after those months in the space of 1 week everything suddenly came together and I had normal sleeps again... thanks to my naturopath. I still remember my psychiatrist saying I would be doomed and relaps.

Sorry about the off-topic. Maybe move this to the "Quetiapine / Seroquel" thread?

Nicci
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nicci »

Nicci means sister of the light and dark also death's mistress. Zebb which is really spelled Zedd means the wind of death he was a wizard. I got the names from a book I am reading called the sword of truth series. [happy]
In dragon's likeness
darkling lies he;
deep his dungeons,
and dread he knows not.
A helm of horror
his head weareth
on Gnitaheidi
grimly creeping.

hyperion5225
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hyperion5225 »

Hyperion is the titan of light , which to me means illumination. father of both the sun and the moon, that which was restrained by the newer gods. it is the light that Prometheus stole and shared with the world , that which is restrained by society but is still there, fighting back the shadows of ignorance by its presence . this is what i aspire to, illumination, liberation, life , learning, other things that start with L [wink] . one day i hope to become Prometheus, giveing the light to the world, letting my ideas live on after my body has rotted away , but right now i am becoming Hyperion, letting the light become me.

light is neither good nor bad , light does not judge , it merely lets us see what has been there the whole time
hail chaos and have fun

notacourtwizard
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by notacourtwizard »

My username stems from my desire to unlearn the human form, as best described in the teachings of Juan Matus in Carlos Castaneda's books. The way of sorcery taught by Juan can be pitted against the way of the modernly socialized human, and between the views (and after realizing both are illusions) one emerges at a seeing of a total world, and the total self.

This person who has at his faculties both his human self and the boundless would not fill a seat in any king's court, parliament, or congress unless it was part of some well ironed tactic. And personally, I prefer my solitude, hence, not a court wizard.

Now, I don't know much in any field, and after an hour or two thinking of a reply to some post, I end up realizing that everything I wrote is a material best left as fertilizer. So I probably won't say much, but here I am. Hello.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

Nice to know ^^ Hello there [yay]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

777Sloan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 777Sloan »

Warrior.

shmatka
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by shmatka »

stupid girl [clown]

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

If shmatka is what I think it is then it is not a stupid girl.

It is girl that likes the D...

But I can be wrong. Nothing personal. Where I live it is like that [rofl]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Draco20
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Draco20 »

I was looking for a 'magickal' name of sort, that I could relate to in my interests for the occult, paranormal, mysteries, mythologies ect.

After staying much of a saturday night up researching, I finally came up with Phenix. 'Phenix' is the archaic spelling of 'Phoenix'. It is also a Fench spelling. Since my first language is French, that was fitting. As you may already know, the Phenix is a mythological bird that ciclycally regenerates. I thought this was a cool name. [wink]

As for 20, it's a bit of numerology based on the Pythagorean System. 2 is my birth number.

Draco20
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Draco20 »

Clockwork_Ghost wrote:I am a Clockwork Ghost. Each morning I wake up half dead from the anti-psychotics I use to get to sleep, I wind myself up through meditation, then go out in to the world - full of energy. I am a nobody, I do a nothing job - I could be anyone. Nobody sees me because I hide in plain sight, just the same as everyone else. I then wind down over the course of the day, my mechanism slowly unravelling, until I come to a complete stop once more.
I had trouble sleeping for some time as well, especially when I had things planned for the morrow. I was always trying to anticipate the outcomes, playing scenarios in my head ect. This kept me awake at night, my mind racing. What I found to be effective is mindfulness mediation before sleep, in the evening.

My case wasn't as bad to the point of taking sleeping pills but I considered the option seriously. Mindfulness is a potent relief, it helps you create a garden of peace in your mind where the thoughts remain in the sidelines. There are there and shouldn't be ignored but they no longer take all the space. They loose their grip.

Pixel Penguin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Pixel Penguin »

Pixel Penguin is a name I plan to self-publish my comics under if I don't want to go by Emily Penwright. There's no real fun story behind it, it just kind of popped into my head, kind of like some kind of soul-searching realization.

My real name means "child of the crow's ford", a crow's ford being the edge of a swamp if I'm not mistaken, so "crow's ford" can also translate to "swampland". I've heard that a crow ford is symbolic to the border between life and death because of the crow being a messenger of the dead. If that's the case, that's awesome and I wonder if it says anything about me spiritually :o.
Blessed Be.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Caerdon (pronounced K-Air-Don) is a name that I chose when I first started going on occult related forums (most of which are -sadly- no longer there or active)
The name came to me as well as part of a phrase when in a meditative trance, which I have never found the meaning of or the language (I only got the phonetics of it). The full name (which I never really use) is Caerdon ny'Donn.
Anyways, I really liked the name and now it's part of my identity (like my actual given name) rather than just a handle. So I guess you can say it's my chosen name?
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

KatrianaKitten
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by KatrianaKitten »

This username is kind of personal, but Katriana is a name I thought of years ago and ever since, have been using it as my online alias of sorts. Also the name of my pet boa constrictor.
Kitten is a nick given to me because I apparently act like a kitten sometimes. (Patting at dangly things, curling up next to things or on things, playful but shy, my face itches sometimes so I rub it on my bed :blush:)

Thunderhead
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Thunderhead »

Thunderhead's a town I write about sometimes. Or dream.
I had a pretty intense dream/journey or whatever you'd like to call it, a long time ago. Changed my life and outlook greatly, though maybe not for the better.
I think about it and have mapped the place a lot more, I think it's becoming something like a mind palace.

I still fully expect to discover it in the real world one day.

Coffee_and_Burberry
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Coffee_and_Burberry »

. . .

I'd gather mine is pretty self explanatory... I love coffee, and I love Burberry.
<3 <3 <3
Nothing all crazy in-depth. Just wearing my g l u t t o n y.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning..." A.C. 'BOL'

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ušušur »

Ušušur is a water-sprite from a legend that became a fairy tale... or a fairy tale that became a legend.

Short version;

Ušušur was sprite (or ghost, elf... it's hard to translate) that fell in love to a beautiful human girl. When she married another man, he enchanted her so that poor girl drowned in the river. When he realized what he did, madness overtook him. He jumped after her and tied his leg so that he spends eternity on the bottom of that same river...
During first three days of Fall, he swims out and sings three times ''ušur, ušur, ušur!'. Anyone who hears his song will die that Fall. He's protector of voiceless (dumb, mute people), melancholics and mad ones.

There's an actual location where he's supposedly showing up every year in the wilderness and his song can be heard. This is very remote from civilization, so the only way to spend a night there is to camp in a tent. It's something I'm thinking about every Fall. It's very tempting and there's something beautiful and scary about the whole thing, even if it's just a legend.

MadMarchy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by MadMarchy »

My name is, quite simply, a tip of the hat to the March Hare. Specifically in the Hallmark version where the hatter calls him "Marchy".

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oupIOmnLJs[/youtube]
Simply an arbiter.

Coffee_and_Burberry
Forum Member
Forum Member

Ušušur wrote:Ušušur is a water-sprite from a legend that became a fairy tale... or a fairy tale that became a legend.

Short version;

Ušušur was sprite (or ghost, elf... it's hard to translate) that fell in love to a beautiful human girl. When she married another man, he enchanted her so that poor girl drowned in the river. When he realized what he did, madness overtook him. He jumped after her and tied his leg so that he spends eternity on the bottom of that same river...
During first three days of Fall, he swims out and sings three times ''ušur, ušur, ušur!'. Anyone who hears his song will die that Fall. He's protector of voiceless (dumb, mute people), melancholics and mad ones.

There's an actual location where he's supposedly showing up every year in the wilderness and his song can be heard. This is very remote from civilization, so the only way to spend a night there is to camp in a tent. It's something I'm thinking about every Fall. It's very tempting and there's something beautiful and scary about the whole thing, even if it's just a legend.
---
That's pretty neat. [thumbup]
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning..." A.C. 'BOL'

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Coffee_and_Burberry wrote:
. . .

I'd gather mine is pretty self explanatory... I love coffee, and I love Burberry.
<3 <3 <3
Burberry? Is that like blueberry or burbon and berries mixed? Wait, does bourbon grow on vines no!?
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Coffee_and_Burberry
Forum Member
Forum Member

Stukov wrote:
Coffee_and_Burberry wrote:
. . .

<3 <3 <3
Burberry? Is that like blueberry or burbon and berries mixed? Wait, does bourbon grow on vines no!?
Lol far from it... Google does wonders you know.
Go to: Burberry.com

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Coffee_and_Burberry wrote: Lol far from it... Google does wonders you know.
Go to: Burberry.com [/color][/b]
If I Googled it I wouldn't have been able to share my dry humor.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Mine username is the latinized version of the corvidae family of birds (crows, magpies, jackdaws, blue jays, etc). I admire their intelligence and love the stories of crows and ravens as trickster figures.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Return to “Introductions”