The Occult Forum.org School of Magick

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Occult Forum.org School of Magick

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

I have created three new boards for a School of Magick here on Occult Forum.org. The three new boards are as follows:

Occult Forum.org School of Magick

This is a hidden board, and it's purpose is to host all the lessons for the school. Only Teachers of Magick can start threads in the school, but all registered school members can post on the threads. Any thread started by someone who isn't a teacher will be deleted. The only forum members who can see this board are forum staff, Students of Magick, Teachers of Magick, and Ex-Teachers.

Staff Room

This is a hidden board. This is the teachers' lounge. This is where teachers share the material they plan on teaching so that other teachers can help assess it, and offer suggestions as to how it may be improved. Threads can be started by both Teachers of Magick and Ex-Teachers, and both Teachers and Ex-Teachers can post on threads. The only forum members who can see this board are forum staff, Teachers of Magick, and Ex-Teachers.

Common Room

This is a public board. This is the students lounge. This is where published course material is discussed, and suggestions for new lessons made. Only registered school members can create threads and post on this board, although all posted material can be seen by all forum members.

Along with the three new boards are three new user groups. The three new user groups are as follows:

Students of Magick

Students of Magick are forum members who have expressed an interest in registering for the Occult Forum.org School of Magick. Anyone who wishes to apply for a position in this group should send me an application form via PM Message. Due to the nature of material which may be shared on the Occult Forum.org School of Magick, you must be at least eighteen years old to apply. The application form is below. Please note that there are no wrong or right answers to these questions, the form is simply to make sure you have an opinion on the subjects. Application forms will be assessed by forum staff, Teachers of Magick and Ex-Teachers, and if there is no express reason why you shouldn't be included in the school program you will then be changed into a Student of Magick.

APPLICATION FORM

1. What is Magick?
2. How does it work?
3. Why does it work?
4. I confirm that I am over eighteen years of age and will comply with School Rules, Forum Rules and Terms & Conditions at all times while a student of the Occult Forum.org School of Magick.

Teachers of Magick

Teachers of Magick are Students of Magick who wish to teach at the school. Anyone who wishes to apply for a position in this group should send me an application via PM Message. Your PM should include information as to what subjects you wish to teach at the school. All applications will be assessed against the Forum Rules and Terms and Conditions. If the application to teach doesn't break any Forum Rules then the application to teach will be successful.

Ex-Teachers

Ex-Teachers are Teachers of Magick who no longer wish to teach at the school. Any Teacher of Magick who wishes to become an Ex-Teacher should send me an application via PM Message. All applications will be accepted. If an Ex-Teacher wishes to become a Teacher of Magick in the future, they simply need to let me know by PM Message and I will change them back.

SCHOOL RULES

1. All Forum Rules and Terms & Conditions still apply to the Occult Forum.org School of Magick and associated boards.
2. Elitism is not allowed. If you are an enrolled student, teacher, or ex-teacher you are not considered superior to the other forum members. You are enrolled in the school to either learn or to teach occult knowledge.
3. You must be prepared to work. Teachers will not simply give you all the information - you will be expected to take an active part in your learning. Students who consistently break the School Rules will be expelled.
4. No privileged information that requires you to be a member of another magickal order in order to learn it will be taught at the school.

SCHOOL HEIRACHY

1. Students of Magick. This is where you begin. All students have applied for a position using the application form above.
2.a Teachers of Magick. All Teachers of Magick have to start as Students of Magick.
2.b Ex-Teachers. All Ex-Teachers have to start as Teachers of Magick.
3. Forum Staff. Forum staff do not have to be students, teachers or ex-teachers. Forum staff are there to help run the school, not to take an active part in it unless they choose to do so.

Please post your comments, questions, and requests for changes below.

Thank you [thumbup]

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Occult Forum.org School of Magick

Post by manofsands »

This sounds very promising. I'm glad You've found your feet.

Will you be following a standardized teaching program
or will it be more teacher/student alchemy?
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

there is no need to push the river... it will flow on its own

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

manofsands wrote: This sounds very promising. I'm glad You've found your feet.
Thank you, manofsands. The formation of the school has come about from the efforts of many members on this forum. It was Atzmuth's idea to begin with - he was told it was a bad idea, but he kept on pushing until people started to actually get interested. Deathquota posed a few key questions that started off a serious discussion on how such a thing could be done, which manonthepath, Desecrated, Ramscha, RoseRed, EternalReturn, and JohnTitor fully developed. A survey of forum members shows that interest was roughly split 50/50, so there was definitely some interest in the project. The staff agreed that the idea was possible, and Vashta taught me how to build it.
manofsands wrote: Will you be following a standardized teaching program
or will it be more teacher/student alchemy?
I am a formally trained and qualified teacher. My degree covers both the teaching of children and adults. I also have a lot of experience in the occult. I plan on using a standardised method of teaching, developing learning strands and detailed lesson plans. Even if a just one person benefits as a result, it will be worth it.

The problem here is going to be one of time. I work 14 hours a day, am building a company, have two children, and run several other websites. I also participate on other forums, though have recently left many of them. I may have to lessen my presence here as a contributor to the forum, though will obviously continue to ensure that the place runs smoothly. Here's hoping that this doesn't just burn me out. [grin]

Thank you all for all your effort, especially Atzmuth for never giving up his dream. [thumbup]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

I'm still learning how to change the structure of the forum, and think I may have it right now. Could someone please confirm that you can still see the Common Room, but that you cannot post in it?

Also, the colours for the three new categories. Do these work for people? I'm looking for colours that aren't too close to the ones already in use. I know the Students of Magick are pink, but pink is a nice colour too. If you don't like any of the new colours, please feel free to suggest alternatives. [thumbup]

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

Colors are good, they make a good contrast.

I cannot see the Commons Room.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

Very impresive objective you took upon your shoulders. Lots of respect if you manage to handle it. Dedicated teachers always nice to have. I wish you lot of fun and luck with project.

P.S. And Strenght!
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

EternalReturn, could you please confirm that you now have access to the school and that you can still post on all the other boards you used to have access to? Sorry for using you like a lab rat, this is all a learning experience for me still.

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

;D no problems, I understand the hardships of the moderators. It is easier this way I have no problem with being the lab rat.

I can see OccultForum.org School of Magic and Common Room. As for posting I'll do that now and come back in a few minutes.

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

I have no problems posting, but if I run into one I will PM you :)

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

There seems to be a little bit of confusion in regards to School Rule 3, namely:
3. You must be prepared to work. Teachers will not simply give you all the information - you will be expected to take an active part in your learning. Students who consistently break the School Rules will be expelled.
This rule doesn't mean that you have to take part in every lesson, and be here every single day for class. It will be up to you whether you commit to a lesson - your attendance will not be monitored, much like when you attend a university. If you can't continue a lesson, you are welcome to pull out - this will not result in you being expelled. Students will only be expelled if they consistently break Forum Rules, Terms & Conditions, try to use their position as a student to say that they are better than other forum members. Yes, you WILL be expected to work if you enrol in a class - the lessons are going to be EXTREMELY interactive, but dropping out of a lesson because you cannot fully commit to it is not grounds for expulsion.

All lessons that are going to be taught will be published as lesson plans in the Common Room. If you see anything you like the look off and you aren't enrolled as a student, please feel free to send me an application form.

Thank you. [thumbup]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

A forum member recently asked me a few questions about the school. With their permission, I have attached the conversation below.
manofsands wrote:
Congratulations, I think the initial turbulence is behind :)

I'm considering joining the school as a student, but I'm not sure if I'd be a good candidate. I'm kind of in between belief systems right now. I'm almost agnostic, spiritually and magickly. I'm kind of a blank slate, comfortable and without fear. And maybe that would make me a good candidate, except I may drop out if I'm not resonating with it. I need to know if that is ok.
Its perfectly fine to be a member of the school and not fully active - you wont get expelled if you don't take part, only if you break the school rules. You can also pick and choose what you want to take a part in, you don't need to do every lesson.
manofsands wrote:
Also, can I ask who are the teachers?
At the moment there is me and cyberdemon. Other forum members have expressed an interest in becoming teachers, but are watching to see what happens at the school first.
manofsands wrote:
How much of it do you envision as being one on one instruction? ...forum instruction? ...lessons?
All lessons are taught on the hidden Occult Forum.org School of Magick board. Lessons are fully interactive, and discussion is encouraged. Where needed, one on one lessons will be given. All this is detailed in the lessons plans, which are printed on the Common Room before they commence.
manofsands wrote:
Is it at your own pace or class groups?
Some lessons will be at your own pace, others will be guided. It all depends on the lesson, and the knowledge it is trying to impart.
manofsands wrote:
Sorry for the query barrage.
??? :o ;)
No problem. Do you mind if I share this on the forum in public? You raise some very good questions, and this may help others understand better where we are coming from with this idea.

Thanks [thumbup]

Return to “School of Magick Archive”