Liber MMM discussion - Discipline 2: Breathing

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Liber MMM discussion - Discipline 2: Breathing

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Solarus wrote:Shoot I didn't see we were onto discipline 2 until today lol I know what I'll be trying tonight...
There is absolutely no rush, Solarus - just go at your own pace. Each discipline builds upon the last, so we will be doing first motionlessness, then adding breathing to it - you still do each discipline in turn. The next discipline is where things get really crazy, so we need to get these two down pat first. I want to make sure when we get to discipline three that we're all confident in the first two.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Twenty five minutes breathing, leading in with ten minutes motionlessness. Very slow day at work today... [grin]

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Even though this is a basic exercise, I'll still practice and post results as though these were my first times practicing.
A little bit earlier I spent about 50 minutes meditating lying in bed while my mate took a shower.
It took me a few times to get comfortable enough to hold still, but once I did, I managed at least 15 minutes of motionlessness, focusing on my breath the whole time. I was almost stopped by this ridiculous itch on the corner of my eye, but I somehow managed to fight past it. At some point around the 35-40 minute mark, I started to doze off and fall asleep. I was woken up by my mate getting out of the shower, and I checked the time.
I try to practice these techniques as much as possible, even when loads of people are around. Hopefully with more dedicated practice and book-keeping, I'll be able to achieve better results.

EDIT: I recently started Kundalini meditation (learned from basic internet resources) and it's only taken me two days to project the energy to my throat chakra, where it's become a little bound. When I first started, I felt the energy all over in between my root and my solar plexus, so I probably wasn't as bound up as a lot of people are when first starting this type of meditation.
I just figured I'd share that, as it's relevant to this practice.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

Started doing this exercise combined with motionlessness, and did a 22 minutes last night by laying down [yay] Only movement was swallowing of saliva two times when I felt that I'm gonna choke.

I already have fantastic results with it. I didn't even realized how forcefully I was breathing. Now I'm breathing with such ease and I'm really happy that I did this [grin]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Wednesday - 10 minutes, sight of the weta sitting on the computer really freaked me out.

Thursday - 5 minutes, got cramps in one leg and had to discontinue.

Friday - 15 minutes at work, stopped when senior manager came to talk to me about a series of calls I'd taken.

Okay, going to post the third discipline tomorrow. This is where things start to get difficult.

Atzmuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Atzmuth »

Did 16 minutes. My body became numb through the process but it worth!
There is no Lucifer to folow, no God to obey
There is no Hell for punishment, no Heaven for reward
There are no Demons to fear, no Angels to listen
There is you and your fate
Wake up Alice
You are in Truthland.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Atzmuth wrote:Did 16 minutes. My body became numb through the process but it worth!
Well done Atzmuth! That is absolutely fantastic!

Solarus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Solarus »

Haelos wrote:Even though this is a basic exercise, I'll still practice and post results as though these were my first times practicing.
A little bit earlier I spent about 50 minutes meditating lying in bed while my mate took a shower.
It took me a few times to get comfortable enough to hold still, but once I did, I managed at least 15 minutes of motionlessness, focusing on my breath the whole time. I was almost stopped by this ridiculous itch on the corner of my eye, but I somehow managed to fight past it. At some point around the 35-40 minute mark, I started to doze off and fall asleep. I was woken up by my mate getting out of the shower, and I checked the time.
I try to practice these techniques as much as possible, even when loads of people are around. Hopefully with more dedicated practice and book-keeping, I'll be able to achieve better results.

EDIT: I recently started Kundalini meditation (learned from basic internet resources) and it's only taken me two days to project the energy to my throat chakra, where it's become a little bound. When I first started, I felt the energy all over in between my root and my solar plexus, so I probably wasn't as bound up as a lot of people are when first starting this type of meditation.
I just figured I'd share that, as it's relevant to this practice.
Can you post which sites you're learning from?

Solarus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Solarus »

Epic night last night....

Was determined to do motionless and breathing...

Did nothing "spiritual" before-hand (no banishing, LBRP, etc.). Got cozy in bed, I wrap an extra blanket around my legs and feet (lightly, not too constricted). It's my security blanket! - I've had things go bump in the night sometimes when meditating and other times (hands grabbing me, hearing bangs and knocks) and getting all snuggled up (and definitely no arms or feet hanging out of the bed!) makes me feel more comfortable where I can focus...

Went motionless with eyes closed after a couple seconds of getting comfortable... started breathing deep and focusing on it and cleared mind. I've gone into trance 2 or 3 times over the years (mind awake + body asleep) and what I stumbled upon that works for me to get there is to stare into the darkness directly in front of me with eyes closed as if I were looking into the night waiting for a train light or something similar to appear in the distance. Just holding a feeling of anticipation. I've found this makes me focus on something a little a head of my usual perspective so it helps stops me from drifting to sleep and it helps focus me eyes while I focus on my breath and stops thoughts (or at least drastically reduces them). Anyway Clockwork, tell me if you don't want me to do that if that's getting away from the core technique (I haven't read discipline 3 yet if you posted it so I don't know if I'm on the right track if the whole goal is to do eventually do mind awake + body asleep)

Anywho... was motionless, eyes closed, staring into the distance while focusing on deep breath. My feet went warm/numb like they do... I head a door slam outside which made warm waves go over my body - I love that sensation. Another noise a minute later which helped me stay awake and alert and sent another wave of warmth rocketing through my body. My body was heading towards falling asleep but my mind was still alert and focused....

Still with eyes closed and peering into the blackness, I started seeing... shapes... vague at first and stationary but then moving... they looked black (with slight blue - very striking but near-black blue along the edges of the shapes) but still stood out from the blackness around them. It was very hard to make out but they looked and *felt* like spiders. It looked like spiders but I sensed an intelligence and their energy felt *arachnid* if that makes any sense. Like when you can sense if someone is serious, or mad, or light-hearted (I'm an empath so I feel other people's energy's and they affect me if I let them - fun times in crowds and parties!) But what I felt and saw felt like a spider's energy which I never felt before. It felt creepy, crawly but intelligent (very intelligent, like it was watching and analyzing me) in a very smart way, not primal, but an ancient intelligence and strong...

At the same time, I felt a presence in the room. I've felt this a bunch of times so I was more like "wow, I'm seeing this spider stuff and feeling a presence - excellent" than shitting myself from being scared. My eyes tried opening involuntarily for some reason. They literally were trying to force open. I had to squint them to keep them shut and I could still see the spider-forms. They were moving around freely in my mind - not just a picture or moving in a repeating pattern. The presence feeling in the room went away for a moment. I stopped breathing for a moment a couple times and only caught it afterwards of "hey, I'm not deep breathing anymore" and focused on it again. The presence in the room came back and the spider forms became stronger.

I came to a point where I tried progressing and experimenting with it (going deeper in relaxation, going deeper in my mind, focusing on the spider forms, tried mentally communicating with them, etc.) but nothing happened. I was getting tired and the automatic mechanism thoughts of "I NEED TO ROLL OVER" came on strong so... I did. And went to sleep.

Was definitely a fun, exciting result from doing this stuff instead of just laying still without anything happening lol - like Clockwork has said, things are getting interesting!!! [grin]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Excellent results Solarus! Well done! Just go with it - if you feel yourself zoning out, and you're comfortable doing so, then let yourself go. Just remember the progression - motionlessness first, then the breathing rhythm. Make sure to take notes so you can refer back to them and see just how far you've come. [thumbup]

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

I was swept upt these days so i only managed to do some motionlessness for a few minutes every time a chance would pop up.

But this breathing exercise proved to be really hard to master. I zone out after only two minutes and feel a adrenaline punch when it happens. Maybe I should relax more or wait a bit more in state of motionlessness before attempting that.

I'll try it again tomorrow, and if I zone out I'll do my best to ride it instead of fighting it.

Solarus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Solarus »

EternalReturn wrote:I was swept upt these days so i only managed to do some motionlessness for a few minutes every time a chance would pop up.

But this breathing exercise proved to be really hard to master. I zone out after only two minutes and feel a adrenaline punch when it happens. Maybe I should relax more or wait a bit more in state of motionlessness before attempting that.

I'll try it again tomorrow, and if I zone out I'll do my best to ride it instead of fighting it.
Maybe try what I mentioning about staring into the distance when your eyes are closed as if you're anticipating seeing something off in the distance like a train's light. This helps me big time in not zoning out.

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

Solarus wrote:
EternalReturn wrote:I was swept upt these days so i only managed to do some motionlessness for a few minutes every time a chance would pop up.

Maybe try what I mentioning about staring into the distance when your eyes are closed as if you're anticipating seeing something off in the distance like a train's light. This helps me big time in not zoning out.

I will try that thank you [thumbup]

By "zoning out" you mean "experiencing a change of consciousness" as I do? xD

Solarus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Solarus »

EternalReturn wrote:
Solarus wrote:

I will try that thank you [thumbup]

By "zoning out" you mean "experiencing a change of consciousness" as I do? xD
Ha no I meant falling asleep or getting caught up in thought runs. Staring into the distance with anticipation helps me avoid that big time. It's a technique I stumbled on myself so let me know if it helps you - I want to know if it's an individual quirk that just helps me or is more universal.

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

I did a 30 minutes motionlessness and breathing last night [yay]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

We are all doing incredibly well, I am so pleased with all these great results! Take a moment to look back on how far you have already come in such a short space of time - you are all doing so well! [yay] [yay] [yay]

Now, my latest results.

Saturday: Had the kids over, and was rather worn out after spending the day being taught how to program in java by a ten year old. Managed ten minutes breathing after ten minutes motionlessness.

Sunday: Took the kids home and spent five minutes sitting in the car breathing after fifteen minutes of motionlessness - I could probably have gone longer, but my daughter came out to see why I hadn't left yet.

Monday: Half an hour breathing after half an hour motionless - my biggest achievement yet! I think I slipped into some sort of zone, as I forcibly removed myself due to needing to call it a night and go to bed.

I'm moving on to not thinking tomorrow night. Does anyone want to join me?

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

I want to but I think I'll be better of with 2-3 days of motionlessness+breathing to master it before going on the no thinking.

I've run into a problem - if I try not to think, my breathing becomes shallow and irregular. It may go away if I do it more.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

EternalReturn: Try to slowly release control of your breathing, letting go first of any counting you may be doing of the cycles, then any patterns as to how you draw breatyh - through your nose, mouth, or alternating between the two. Let go of the breathing like you would let go of a paper boat in a river - slowly, letting the flow catch it and carry it along.

Now, in regards to my own exercises.

Tuesday: No controlled breathing - I got called into a meeting and didn't get a chance to really begin, then didn't have time to try later.

Wednesday: Spent fifteen minutes breathing after 22 minutes motionless.

Thursday: No controlled breathing, was interrupted by a fly landing on my face.

Friday: No controlled breathing - fell asleep while motionless.

Not a spectacular record over the last few days, but Wednesday was rather good. Trying to work out better ways to approach this exercise, probably going to get up half an hour earlier from now on.

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

tonight was my first attempt during this course of motionlessness + deep breathing and I got to 15 minutes.
but, I got distracted when I started noticing trancey body sensations and also hallucinated a bit at one point, do these things count as a fail? because it does say focus your attention completely on the breath

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

beero wrote:...I got distracted when I started noticing trancey body sensations and also hallucinated a bit at one point, do these things count as a fail? because it does say focus your attention completely on the breath
No, not at all. If we knew exactly what was going to happen to us from doing these exercises, there would be no point in doing them. It's all part of the fun. The idea is to let these experiences happen, but not to get caught up in them - just gently bring your focus back to your breathing. :)

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

Clockwork_Ghost wrote:EternalReturn: Try to slowly release control of your breathing, letting go first of any counting you may be doing of the cycles, then any patterns as to how you draw breatyh - through your nose, mouth, or alternating between the two. Let go of the breathing like you would let go of a paper boat in a river - slowly, letting the flow catch it and carry it along.
Will try that today. I figure I was rushing a bit with the progress. I should concentrate more on the breathing.

I was worried of not being able to not-think as though I lost the feeling and the general idea of it, and with all that was happening it kinda left me fatigued and reluctant to do anything outside of what I have to do. So I took a break and gained enormous spiritual insight by playing a goddamn computer game.

I'm back for more now. [grin]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Keep up the good work guys. Keep pushing ahead and making gains. Make sure to take note of how well you do each time, as you will be able to look back and see how far you've come. I'm back teaching again, I have no job any more, so let's get the ball rolling once again.

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

I had been making some progress
Fri- 20 minutes motionlessness + breathing
Sat - 23 minutes motionless + breathing

but the past couple of days I haven't been feeling as well so not progressing as well

Sun - 10 minutes (interrupted by coughing)
Mon - 15 minutes after several attempts not lasting more than 3-4 minutes

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

Clockwork_Ghost wrote:I'm back teaching again, I have no job any more, so let's get the ball rolling once again.
I hope this is a positive development for you, and no bastardry on the part of your former employer occurred. <3

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

I did a 25 minute motionlessness+breathing last night. First I was 5 minutes into motionlessness when I started to pay attention to my breath cycle and had an interesting tingly feeling throughout my body which, in response, fully relaxed. I was able then to release my breath like a "boat on the water" but then my mind started freaking out "I DID IT YEA YOU'RE AWESOME THIS IS AWESOME" so I lost some concentration.

But I did manage to get a few minutes of absolute relaxation from this [crazy]

Return to “School of Magick Archive”