How to change displayed Forum themes

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

How to change displayed Forum themes

Post by cyberdemon »

Hello everyone and thanks for logging on to Occult Forum today.

How to change displayed themes:

User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> My board style: click the dropdown menu to see the two choices.
cyberdemon wrote:We've been hard at work to bring some changes to the forums both technically and visually, and currently we are in the process of fully implementing two new themes!

The first theme (which should be what most members should be automatically using now) is called Occult Classic. This is our old theme with certain upgrades to make it compatible with our current framework. Due to this upgrade, we'll also be able to add more themes down the line.
But for now, the new theme, called Written Word is in black-and-white, and it comes with a small but varied set of random occult-related messages to be displayed in the top banner.

Both themes are fully operational now! Leave your comments and feedback for us, and of course, if you find any bugs let us know!

If you can't see the updates yet, you will want to do a hard refresh on your browser to see all them properly. On PC, Ctrl+F5 should do the trick. On mobiles, you'll have to clear your cache manually.

-

-

Known issues:

Classic theme text alignment not on the left (fixed)
Classic theme thread icons missing (fixed)
New theme some banners' text underlapping tabs (fixed)
Both themes reply buttons alignment is off (fixed)
Classic theme large avatars leaving image boundary areas (fixed)
New theme banners don't link to board index (workaround: board index link is right below it)

Enjoy the new themes!
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

shmatka
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: FORUM UPDATE: New themes!

Post by shmatka »

Wow this is so much better thank you [yay]

Draco20
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Draco20 »

I admit I prefer Occult Classic theme, which IMO looks better for an occult forum. The other is a bit bland, but that's just my taste. ;)

I wonder if the issue of changing the email adress in User Control Panel will be fixed. I don't see it on your list though.

It always says ''wrong password'' no matter what I do.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Phenix20 wrote:I wonder if the issue of changing the email adress in User Control Panel will be fixed. I don't see it on your list though.

It always says ''wrong password'' no matter what I do.
It's a database issue that won't be fixed for a time, I'm afraid.. For now, you can PM Stukov and he can change your email address for you in a moment!
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

I still cant tell the difference between a thread thats unread and a thread that ive posted in based on the topic icons.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

Same problem as magari, before crush it unchecked itself after reading and now the efect stays.We propably can live with that but it is little annoying. [tongue]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

The password thing is because of the anti-spam login bridge, sorry about that. If you PM me your email address change I can update it for you.

The icons not indicating if you've posted is a graphic design issue, there is no separate icon for it, what would you guys like it to be?

Craig
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: How to change displayed Forum themes

Post by Craig »

How do you post on this site? I tried twice but nothing went through.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: How to change displayed Forum themes

Post by Nahemah »

Hi Craig.

If you want to reply to a topic, there is a button at the top right of the topic and at the bottom also,saying 'Post Reply' clicking on one of these should open the posting form, with a white dialogue box which you should be able to write in. The form has buttons at the bottom with save. preview or submit options, clicking on submit should post your comment.

If you want to start a new topic, it is similar, only it is in the folder areas, at the top of the page where the topics are listed and the button says 'New Topic' instead of Post Reply. Topics must be given a title or they won't post, so there is another smaller white box at the top of the form, where you can type in your title.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Return to “Site Discussion”