Methods of Acheiving Gnosis

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Methods of Acheiving Gnosis

Post by chowderpope »

Please share your methods of achieving altered states of consciousness. Lately I have been trying to self-hypnotize myself into trance states so that I can begin to explore and understand these states better so that I may work with them.

I bought a small, cheap strobe light in the Halloween aisle and am using it to create a strobe against my closed eyelids. I am also listening to Theta rhythm binaural beat and trancey music.

Thus far with 2 or 3 thirty minute sessions I haven't achieved any significant states. I did feel my body going numb which I believe was the start of a sleep paralysis state (a tingling went from my feet to my neck repeatedly) but I did not become paralyzed.

In Colin Wilson's books about the occult he stresses that total physical relaxation is the prerequisite to psychic experience.

I know a lot of you likely have experience with these states. Do you have a preferred method of reaching this state? How do you work within that state? And how would you recommend someone beginning this practice to reach that state?
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Methods of Acheiving Gnosis

Post by Kami »

Marijuana,
Salvia Divinorum,
E.t.c.

They help put your brain in between two states called: "Alpha and Theta".

It's the same feeling you get when you are astral projecting or having a lucid dream or just a dream.

You want to be on the verge on achieving: "Theta", through using one of the herbs I mentioned while meditating.

Or you can just meditate.

But it takes longer when you only just meditate.

You can use natural herbs that help you relax and smell good when you burn them, or you can buy incense or oils, candles, e.t.c.

Beautiful smells i.m.o. help relax the body and mind.

You can combine all of these altogether as well if that's what you're into?

Here's a simple way to fall into a meditative trance:

Lay down or sit somewhere where you feel very comfortable.
Close your eyes and then slowly breath in and breath out through your mouth until you feel partially relaxed. Next shift from your mouth to your nose and begin inhaling and exhaling deeply until you are full relaxed.

Try not to fall into sleep mode nor allow yourself to get excited.

Just be there, and observe how you feel.

Once you have done that, you are now ready to try it with your eyes open.

This time you need to be in a room where there is no light besides only one candle that is lit. You can place this lit candle wherever you'd like, just make sure the room is really dim but you can still see.

The reason for this is becsuse bright light tends to shock the body into waking up.

You want a soft and warm light that will not ruin your state of mind.

You can use moonlight as well for this.

Okay. So let's begin achieving that Gnosis trance again.

Meditate like you did previously if you followed my mediation guide - but with your eyes open.

To help you fall into that Gnosis trance with your eyes open even faster, you should try fixing your eyes beyond your room walls as if you were looking at something outside.

Once you achieve that state of mind with your eyes open, congratulations!

Here is something I find useful that works for me.

If you're into chaos magick - make a sigil for something you want and then stand it up in front of you using a small little table.

With the same setup as before, with the lit candle and no other light source, fall into that gnosis/near theta trance while you stare passed your sigil. Keep looking towards your sigil, have it in sight - but instead of focusing on it - gaze passed it as if you were looking though it at your wall.

I did this twice with results. I set a timer to shock me out of the trance to finish it off.

Of course this entire reply is just my opinion on what works for me.

You should find what works for you if you don't feel like trying other methods. ~

You can try using theatrics to set the mood whilst meditating.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

Can you be more specific about the kind of state you are after?
What do you want to find in it?

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Specifically the states I'm interested in currently are the states of astral sight and exploration. I want to know people's methods of getting into these states.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

One time I tried experimenting with staying up for a few days to fall into the 'theta" state of mind without any effort at all.

At first I saw shadows of many shapes and sizes accompanied by hearing a congress of people talking all at once.

After that I started to see my dreamm fabric being augmented into wakeing reality and I became lucid within that for only a few hours before I finally knocked out.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:

Hoodedrat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hoodedrat »

One method I use is listening to Dvar. They're a little known Russian occult band who supposedly sing in Enochian (though I wouldn't know) and claim to be servants of some weird bee entity/angel. Whether or not they're lying about all that other stuff I have noticed their music has an increased rate of putting me into altered states after listening to it.

Music in general helps me meditate and achieve altered states. The more emotional and beautiful/interesting the music is for me the easier it is to achieve this state.

Rain enhances my abilities to the extent that I can achieve an altered state extremely easy when there is some form of rainfall. I'm pretty sure that has to do with my weird Empath abilities though.

Meditation, contemplation, and out of the box thinking all help to make it easier for me to slip into an altered state of consciousness. The more unconventional and unique your thinking is the easier it is to view things from new perspectives, which is essentially what altered states are all about. In addition, a lot of altered states are similar to how dissociation operates (which is good for me since I'm naturally dissociative).

Colin Wilson is right. It's all about letting yourself go with the flow. Once you're in gnosis that's different of course but until then just relax as much as possible. Think of yourself as an observer rather than a participant.
Pluviophile~ A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days.

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lluaby." - Langston Hughes

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

At night light a candle in a dark room and take 3 deep breaths while staring at the candle. It usually worked for me. Also in IIH step 4 or 5 talks about Akasha trance state. You may want to check it out.
Kami wrote:I did this twice with results. I set a timer to shock me out of the trance to finish it off.
I don't think this is the best way to get out of trance.
Kami wrote:One time I tried experimenting with staying up for a few days to fall into the 'theta" state of mind without any effort at all.

At first I saw shadows of many shapes and sizes accompanied by hearing a congress of people talking all at once.

After that I started to see my dreamm fabric being augmented into wakeing reality and I became lucid within that for only a few hours before I finally knocked out.
Yeah that is a weird experience.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

RockDemon wrote:At night light a candle in a dark room and take 3 deep breaths while staring at the candle. It usually worked for me. Also in IIH step 4 or 5 talks about Akasha trance state. You may want to check it out.
Kami wrote:I did this twice with results. I set a timer to shock me out of the trance to finish it off.
I don't think this is the best way to get out of trance.
Lol yeah.

But after being in a trance while staring at my sigil and then being shocked out of it caused a temporary physiological state of sensory overload in me finishing off the process. ~
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

|
Spoiler:

Johnnystuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Johnnystuff »

I achieved it through thenstudy of the holy Zohar. It was more effective for me than any kind of meditation basic or advanced. But be aware that is a tedious work to accomplish.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

Kami wrote: Lay down or sit somewhere where you feel very comfortable.
Close your eyes and then slowly breath in and breath out through your mouth until you feel partially relaxed. Next shift from your mouth to your nose and begin inhaling and exhaling deeply until you are full relaxed.

Try not to fall into sleep mode nor allow yourself to get excited.

Just be there, and observe how you feel.

Once you have done that, you are now ready to try it with your eyes open.

This time you need to be in a room where there is no light besides only one candle that is lit. You can place this lit candle wherever you'd like, just make sure the room is really dim but you can still see.

The reason for this is becsuse bright light tends to shock the body into waking up.

You want a soft and warm light that will not ruin your state of mind.

You can use moonlight as well for this.

Okay. So let's begin achieving that Gnosis trance again.

Meditate like you did previously if you followed my mediation guide - but with your eyes open.

To help you fall into that Gnosis trance with your eyes open even faster, you should try fixing your eyes beyond your room walls as if you were looking at something outside.

Once you achieve that state of mind with your eyes open, congratulations!

Here is something I find useful that works for me.

If you're into chaos magick - make a sigil for something you want and then stand it up in front of you using a small little table.

With the same setup as before, with the lit candle and no other light source, fall into that gnosis/near theta trance while you stare passed your sigil. Keep looking towards your sigil, have it in sight - but instead of focusing on it - gaze passed it as if you were looking though it at your wall.
Hey all! So I tried this method for attempting to achieve trance for the first time tonight and I got some interesting results. I taped my sigil to my ceiling and laid down, staring up at it with only a candle lit. As I did this I began to see lights i guess you could call them. Beginning over almost my entire vision different lights began dancing and flashing like a strobe light, blending with each other, putting on a nice show! Other times (toward the end) the lights sort of began to shimmer and slowly float toward my center of vision- the sigil. I can best describe what I saw was a cloud of colors moving inward, to my center of vision. This repeated itself about 30 times before my eyes started twitching enough to be uncomfortable. The more I meditated the slower the colors would float to the center of my vision.

I have never achieved gnosis before, is this to be expected or could I just be seeing things? I stopped about 10 minutes ago and I feel oddly hyper.

ThyNegative
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ThyNegative »

according to my experience, it is not possible to reach a high degree of physical relaxation through mind only. in order for your body to feel relaxed, energy blockages need to be opened. trance states are a common idea. as well as physical relaxation. to achieve anything astral with relaxation + mind calmness is just a common idea. according to my experience it is all wrong.
a tingling went from my feet to my neck repeatedly
the tingling that you feel. the tinglings are different. the recent thing that i found out is that the key to opening energy blockages is to lead the tingling to the surface of the skin. this is possible by trying an imagination or a meditation that makes you experience a tingling or something( that is not felt like a pressure ) on your skin and cannot be felt under the skin. some feelings you think you can feel them both on the skin and under it inside the body, rule those out.
if a feeling didn't work for some body parts at all and caused pressure only, don't repeat it again, rule it out.
when you do the mediation to the point which you feel the most that you where expecting(according to your experience), you suddenly feel like you are expanding inside your body and achieve a deeper and more enjoying relaxation along with psychic energy development. the development is not much but the relaxation is suddenly felt.
states of astral sight and exploration
astral sight to me have never been seeing ghosts or stuff like that. about one year ago i wake up and realized that i can see a little with closed eyelids with staying in the dark after waking up. then i realized that sometimes i can see a faint light on the turned of lamp of my room for hours. now i see it in the dark at all times( different house, different lamp so not what you may think it is ). i also found out that in a temporarily improved state of astral sight( after staying in the dark for long enough) i can see too much (huge night vision advantage), when i say too much, i mean seeing the flashing caused by scrubbing(just a little scrubbing just a touch) plastic with a fluorescent lamp.(extremely small electromagnetic pulses turn into light by the chemicals) something that i have never heard about before.
so it is not a "third eye => astral sight" kind of thing that you may expect
recently i have also been able to see the color of the beam like aura that comes out of my fingers. it was colorless itself by around it was blue.

i also forgot to mention, the sensitivity to astral light, is much more in the corners in the field of the vision. if there is a change, it will be there first.
your doooommd, aha aha ahahahahahaha

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

I used to practise sleep deprivation and hyperventilation (rapid, deep breaths) quite often.
My intention wasn't to achive the states of astral sight and exploration, but it came naturally.

One more thing, the Death Posture, fast and effective, too.

[thumbup]
Only Lovers Left Alive

Return to “Psychicism”