Using Crystal Grids to Boost Magick

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Using Crystal Grids to Boost Magick

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

Hey all, has anyone used crystal grids to boost the magickal workings of a ritual/ spell/ sigil/ servitor/ egregore/ energy work/ any type of magical working? I am interested in discussion on either single crystals or crystal grids.Hell, if you have a crystal grid in your room that does something (like make all the energy in the room positive), I'd be interested in hearing about that too.

Also, would anyone recommend a good 2 or 3 books having to do with crystals/ crystal grids? While I can look on amazon for the "highest sellers" I trust your opinions and experiences more than that darned computer generated, keyword geared abomination that is Amazon.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Using Crystal Grids to Boost Magick

Post by Desecrated »

There aren't that many books on this subject because the concept is so easy it's hard to write a lot about it.

The basic idea is that if you place 4 stones in each corner they form a grid, each stone amplify the other and you get all of them "shooting" energy from the corners and into the middle.

Now, in some traditions corners are not a "good" thing, so instead they use the walls. And some people like to play around with the idea of more then 4 stones, creating more complex grids with 8-16 stones. There was even a video posted on this forum with a kid who made a super complex grid with several dozen stones.

It's one of those thing where you as a practitioner has to sit down and use your own imagination to come up with what suits your house the best.

In Scandinavia it's been a tradition to put glass objects hanging in the windows. That way you get a beam of color when the sun hits it and you get some extra warm, fun and happiness into the room. And I've seen many people build grids from the window and into the room trying to get the beams to connect and the light to go further.
That is how the ancient Egyptians did in some of their larger cliff temples, They had bronze mirror bouncing sunlight into the chambers.

But the most common thing is probably just to create geometrical figures with the stones. Read some Pythagoras or music of the sphere, take a crash course in electronics and use your imagination. Nobody knows your surrounding and your needs better then you.

And yes, you can mix different stones together to get different effects, just make sure that they do indeed work together. Plinys natural history describes the old fashion stones and "the Book of Stones " does a good work with the new age stones most people use today.

Just remember that magnetic stones should be kept away from electronics.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Okay thanks, so electronics, Pythagoras, and the Book of Stones. Could sacred geometry have anything to do with it? That might be new agey but it seems to make sense (to the uninitiated haha) and be pretty fascinating.
This right here is hard to wrap my head around.
Desecrated wrote:There aren't that many books on this subject because the concept is so easy it's hard to write a lot about it.
I do like the thought of the 8, makes me think of a Chaosphere. I guess I charge the crystals pretty much the same way as a sigil? Maybe focus a little more on the Void meditation than the sexual release/ chi charging method? Most things I have read seem to be pointing me in that direction.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:Okay thanks, so electronics, Pythagoras, and the Book of Stones. Could sacred geometry have anything to do with it? That might be new agey but it seems to make sense (to the uninitiated haha) and be pretty fascinating.
This right here is hard to wrap my head around.
Desecrated wrote:There aren't that many books on this subject because the concept is so easy it's hard to write a lot about it.
I do like the thought of the 8, makes me think of a Chaosphere. I guess I charge the crystals pretty much the same way as a sigil? Maybe focus a little more on the Void meditation than the sexual release/ chi charging method? Most things I have read seem to be pointing me in that direction.
O yes, (western) sacred geometry is based on Pythagoras so you are definitely on the right track.

Charging crystals with energy/chi is the most popular method for active charging. You also have passive charging like putting it under your pillow, putting it in moonlight/sunlight or just carrying it around with you.
Victorian farmers would carry important seeds in their breast-pocket 1 year before planting them. (It might have been to keep them dry, but I like the magical explanation better)

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Desecrated wrote:
Charging crystals with energy/chi is the most popular method for active charging. You also have passive charging like putting it under your pillow, putting it in moonlight/sunlight or just carrying it around with you.
Reading this immediately makes me think of a sigil magic working I did recently. I received the idea from someone else on this site about soaking up sunlight and transferring it to a "battery sigil". I wonder if I could place a quartz crystal out in the sun along with a few sigils linked to the crystal for faster charging.
I'm working on my energy work right now and my ability to sense energy so eventually I'd like to have a good enough grip to measure how charged a crystal woulc be, with or without the accompanying sigils.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
I wonder if I could place a quartz crystal out in the sun along with a few sigils linked to the crystal for faster charging.
Try it!

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

I will soon and I'll attempt to charge a sigil with it. I'll let you know results as soon as they appear. If i could just feel the energy in the crystal I would but right now I'm still learning how to differentiate my energy from others'.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote: If i could just feel the energy in the crystal I would
Put it on the back of your neck.
but right now I'm still learning how to differentiate my energy from others'.
Do you have a pet (or partner). Try to feel their pulse with your fingers, you'll notice both your own pulse and theirs at the same time.

Energy work is somewhat similar. You know, energy is just energy, if you stick your fingers in the outlet it wont really maters if you do it at your house or at your friends house.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Ill try placing it on my neck and let you know of the results.

Return to “Minerals, Crystals and Stones”