What do you want to see more of in 2017???

Wish list for future additions to the site

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

What do you want to see more of in 2017???

Post by Desecrated »

Sooo, Anything you want to see more of on this site in 2017?

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What do you want to see more of in 2017???

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

Well I am fairly new to the forum, but I would like to see more threads about finding one's own path.
Maybe some kind of divination that exclusively increases the chances for communication between the HGA and the person. Anything to solidify the relationship instead of "I think it told me to do ceremonial magic, but it might have also said my perfect job would be the color blue."
Any guides on that so people don't spend their energies on the wrong path or system of magic.
That's my 2 cents.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:Well I am fairly new to the forum, but I would like to see more threads about finding one's own path.
Maybe some kind of divination that exclusively increases the chances for communication between the HGA and the person. Anything to solidify the relationship instead of "I think it told me to do ceremonial magic, but it might have also said my perfect job would be the color blue."
Any guides on that so people don't spend their energies on the wrong path or system of magic.
That's my 2 cents.
That's a hard one.
It's an interesting topic, but a hard topic.
I'll have to think about how to do that.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

Desecrated wrote:
That's a hard one.
I agree. I look forward to your and other people's responses to it.
It might help to add that it would help the most people if the solution came from a place of having very little to no magical experience.
I can see people now saying "Just summon Angel Jimmy in the book Goetia 4756 and they will tell you everything you want to know"
Thanks

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Desecrated wrote:
Dr Strange Stuff wrote:Well I am fairly new to the forum, but I would like to see more threads about finding one's own path.
That's my 2 cents.
That's a hard one.
We could put together a short overview of the different kinds of magick that are usually discussed here, something akin to the First Steps article that Prophecy made on Veritas back in the day. There's enough of us here with enough varied experiences that we can probably put together an article like that for our own newcomers.

As for the HGA thing, it's not too hard to set up an alter and make offerings to the HGA - like ancestor worship and Disir worship as we do in Norse work. Basic divination can also be done with things like the pendulum, but I'm not fond of telling people to get a pendulum. I bought one for my girlfriend because she saw it and it chose her, and she has produced some incredible divinations with that thing because they resonate so well. Meanwhile, I've never got a pendulum for myself because I've never met one that would be a good partner for me like that. [tongue]

Though, I'm not sure if we should really make something on the HGA for beginners at all, since the initiations of the HGA can be very...un-beginner-like, once knowledge and communication is established. [razz]

~:Shin:~

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Shinichi wrote:
We could put together a short overview of the different kinds of magick that are usually discussed here, something akin to the First Steps article that Prophecy made on Veritas back in the day. There's enough of us here with enough varied experiences that we can probably put together an article like that for our own newcomers.
That is a really good idea.
Do you mean that each member writes their own introduction to their style, or that we re-write the article for general use?

As for the HGA thing, it's not too hard to set up an alter and make offerings to the HGA - like ancestor worship and Disir worship as we do in Norse work.

Though, I'm not sure if we should really make something on the HGA for beginners at all, since the initiations of the HGA can be very...un-beginner-like, once knowledge and communication is established. [razz]
That is what is so interesting about the topic. If somebody had asked me about HGA training, I would have said that the process is personal. End of story.
But, What he is asking about: is there anyway for us to help others achieve better contact with their HGA.

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

I'd like to see more on spirit communication/trance state toxins and whatnot.

More meme pages are always appreciated as well.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Desecrated wrote:That is a really good idea.
Do you mean that each member writes their own introduction to their style, or that we re-write the article for general use?
Prophecy just wrote the article to his own standards, but I was thinking of a more collaborative effort.

We can have a thread calling for our senior practitioners to write a post introducing their tradition or focus of practice, giving a simple overview description, pros and cons to practice of that thing, a few books to look into for further guidance. We can get a variety of what we focus on as a community here, as such. Rin and I know a fair bit about the IIH, I'm mostly focused on Northern Tradition lately but Nahemah likely knows quite a few little things that I don't from her neck of the northern woods, you probably know more about societies and a few other things like that than most of us hermit types, and I'm sure someone around here focuses on Chaos Magick. For the subjects we don't have member posts on, avid readers like you and I can probably rather easily give a basic introduction. Qabbalah, Thelema, the Rose Cross...actually, maybe just one section should be Western Mystery Tradition with a couple of subsections. [tongue] But there's also subjects like Traditional Witchcraft and Native American Tradition, Shamanistic Work in general; and are we going to focus on Western Traditions, just the traditions we have here on the forum, or shall we talk about things like Daoist Tradition, Yoga, Buddhism, The Tantras, and so on to make a well rounded "here's what there is to learn" article? Some consideration should be given to project design.

After we get the posts, one of us can edit it together into an article (*volunteers*) and make it a post in Learning Tools, which can be stickied so we can direct all the "where do I start?" posts there.

Just gotta remind folks to save their posts, in case of timeout. lol
Desecrated wrote: That is what is so interesting about the topic. If somebody had asked me about HGA training, I would have said that the process is personal. End of story.
But, What he is asking about: is there anyway for us to help others achieve better contact with their HGA.
Hmm. We should probably just leave that topic alone, to be honest. There are, of course, several ways to guide someone towards better contact with their HGA, but almost all of them are personal. Minor adjustments to help the personal nature of the individual. We could make a list of things for folks to try (the alter, divination tools), but without senior guidance most folks will have to experiment to find the thing that works for them. And with beginners, experimentation can sometimes get messy. [tongue]

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Shinichi wrote: Prophecy just wrote the article to his own standards, but I was thinking of a more collaborative effort.

We can have a thread calling for our senior practitioners to write a post introducing their tradition or focus of practice, giving a simple overview description, pros and cons to practice of that thing, a few books to look into for further guidance. We can get a variety of what we focus on as a community here, as such.
Do you want to start it off? And then the rest of us will follow suit.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

That is a very good idea guys. Let me know if you to do edits to the original post. In fact we can make a more collaborative effort like a wiki. Just make some draft post. Then discuss it and refine it and I'll make edits.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Aye from me too, it's a good idea.

We can provide a folder for collaboration if you want/ need a dedicated space. Can be request to join, a group or something like that, we can do all these/ or combo of things for you to get it going.

Edit windows may be workable around, need to check settings and such, so give me a day or so, but all andany more suggestions and ideas will be considered. This would make a valuable resource I think. [thumbup]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Desecrated wrote:
Shinichi wrote: Prophecy just wrote the article to his own standards, but I was thinking of a more collaborative effort.

We can have a thread calling for our senior practitioners to write a post introducing their tradition or focus of practice, giving a simple overview description, pros and cons to practice of that thing, a few books to look into for further guidance. We can get a variety of what we focus on as a community here, as such.
Do you want to start it off? And then the rest of us will follow suit.
Sure. Bit busy right now, but I'll try to throw up a Norse thing at some point in the next few days. [thumbup]

Return to “Wish List”