Please help concerning Golden Dawn initiation

Valleric
Forum Member
Forum Member

Please help concerning Golden Dawn initiation

Post by Valleric »

So, I just want someone with knowledge to help me if able. Ill lay out everything I do so it can be estimated anything I do wrong. I have been doing the self initiation to the Golden Dawn for seven months now. In the book Self Initiation Into the Golden Dawn, it states that if you have not opened up a dialogue with the godform of Thme (Tah-may), then to do all the godfom rituals for another month each. I have done this, and am nearing the third month. I'm worried because I have not heard ANY voice of Thme during the meditations. I am aware she is an archetype of my higher self. This is what I do.

1: Ritual bath. I light a single candle and pray to have the water cleansed, then visualize light raining down from the heavens to explode in divine energy when it hits the water. Then the water radiates with light as I get in and soak for 20 min or so visualizing black energy leave my body to pool at the opposite side of the bathtub. When finished I see the black stuff stop leaving my body. Then I get out and thank in a prayer for the cleansing, as I visualize the light leaving the bath and surging back up into the heavens. Ritual ended I put the candle out with my fingers.

2: Ritual Relaxation. In dark room I quote the Hermetic Principles from memorization, as well as a cool sounding prayer by Israel Regardie that starts with "Unto thee Sole wise, Sole eternal, and Sole merciful one. Be the praise and the glory forever-". Then I anoint my forehead and chest with Frankencense essential oils. Then I light an incense stick of Frankencense and lay down in my bed. I put on wifi stereo headphones and listen to binaural beats with a lady giving a guided Yoga Nidra meditation where its mindfully relaxing and having your awareness in many parts of the body. I try not to move a muscle and fully be in my body during the meditation. When done, I stand before my yellow candle in the center of the room facing east.

3: The godform of Thme. I light the yellow candle and light another incense stick of Frankencense. I then put on binaural beats for meditation using bluetooth stereo headphones. I Perform the LBRP and Adoration. Visualize Thme and perform the ritual through full memorization of all I have to say, as well as Thme talking to me (But its me just repeating the words I.... think....). Then I sit and meditate on the godform for ten minutes trying to have a dialogue with her. Ill ask questions, or her advice on how to better open up a dialogue between us. Then I wait with a silent mind for a response. I focus on my breathing when my mind begins to wonder. I'll ask maybe 4 questions over the meditation. But have never been given a response by the godform. Its just silence. Then I finish the ritual after gently letting the godform fade from my mind. I close the golden ovoid shape surrounding me, perform the Adoration and the LBRP, and then perform the Bringing Down the Light ritual (but I do not need advice on that).

If there is any wisdom any of you so much more awoken than I can give me, I would very much appreciate it. I am not in a rush for initiation and have decided if I do not hear Thme by the end of next month, then I will just start the whole Initiation prep stuff from scratch. Do the awareness meditations, Themis, Maat, ext. I have built the magical things needed for the initiation ceremony, so there is no rush. But, I refuse to allow myself to progress unless I know I am at the level required to do so.

Amavisso
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Please help concerning Golden Dawn initiation

Post by Amavisso »

It is probably a good thing that you didn't hear anything.

From many people's experience (I speak about real practitioners and not armchair ones), Enochian system seems to be a tool used by Kelly to drain money from Dee abusing his trust and not really a Magic System.

On your place I'd avoid any Golden Dawn material and stick to classics (at least to Keys of Solomon and such). I liked how Lisiewsky described Golden Dawn and most of those systems, I couldn't say it better than him. Though i am not fan of his books (too much padding imho), but some of his words are like cold and refreshing shower, which is so much needed for those who like to imagine things, while not getting any actually real and tangible result.

house6and12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by house6and12 »

Valleric wrote:So, I just want someone with knowledge to help me if able. Ill lay out everything I do so it can be estimated anything I do wrong. I have been doing the self initiation to the Golden Dawn for seven months now. In the book Self Initiation Into the Golden Dawn, it states that if you have not opened up a dialogue with the godform of Thme (Tah-may), then to do all the godfom rituals for another month each. I have done this, and am nearing the third month. I'm worried because I have not heard ANY voice of Thme during the meditations. I am aware she is an archetype of my higher self. This is what I do.

1: Ritual bath. I light a single candle and pray to have the water cleansed, then visualize light raining down from the heavens to explode in divine energy when it hits the water. Then the water radiates with light as I get in and soak for 20 min or so visualizing black energy leave my body to pool at the opposite side of the bathtub. When finished I see the black stuff stop leaving my body. Then I get out and thank in a prayer for the cleansing, as I visualize the light leaving the bath and surging back up into the heavens. Ritual ended I put the candle out with my fingers.

2: Ritual Relaxation. In dark room I quote the Hermetic Principles from memorization, as well as a cool sounding prayer by Israel Regardie that starts with "Unto thee Sole wise, Sole eternal, and Sole merciful one. Be the praise and the glory forever-". Then I anoint my forehead and chest with Frankencense essential oils. Then I light an incense stick of Frankencense and lay down in my bed. I put on wifi stereo headphones and listen to binaural beats with a lady giving a guided Yoga Nidra meditation where its mindfully relaxing and having your awareness in many parts of the body. I try not to move a muscle and fully be in my body during the meditation. When done, I stand before my yellow candle in the center of the room facing east.

3: The godform of Thme. I light the yellow candle and light another incense stick of Frankencense. I then put on binaural beats for meditation using bluetooth stereo headphones. I Perform the LBRP and Adoration. Visualize Thme and perform the ritual through full memorization of all I have to say, as well as Thme talking to me (But its me just repeating the words I.... think....). Then I sit and meditate on the godform for ten minutes trying to have a dialogue with her. Ill ask questions, or her advice on how to better open up a dialogue between us. Then I wait with a silent mind for a response. I focus on my breathing when my mind begins to wonder. I'll ask maybe 4 questions over the meditation. But have never been given a response by the godform. Its just silence. Then I finish the ritual after gently letting the godform fade from my mind. I close the golden ovoid shape surrounding me, perform the Adoration and the LBRP, and then perform the Bringing Down the Light ritual (but I do not need advice on that).

If there is any wisdom any of you so much more awoken than I can give me, I would very much appreciate it. I am not in a rush for initiation and have decided if I do not hear Thme by the end of next month, then I will just start the whole Initiation prep stuff from scratch. Do the awareness meditations, Themis, Maat, ext. I have built the magical things needed for the initiation ceremony, so there is no rush. But, I refuse to allow myself to progress unless I know I am at the level required to do so.
there is no form today of the hermatic order of the golden dawn but if you want to study there methods you can look up the required reading base books as well as the published findings by its scholars as a course load extremely useful but the order rose to rapid power like any human group rise fast fall hard

house6and12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by house6and12 »

house6and12 wrote:
Valleric wrote:So, I just want someone with knowledge to help me if able. Ill lay out everything I do so it can be estimated anything I do wrong. I have been doing the self initiation to the Golden Dawn for seven months now. In the book Self Initiation Into the Golden Dawn, it states that if you have not opened up a dialogue with the godform of Thme (Tah-may), then to do all the godfom rituals for another month each. I have done this, and am nearing the third month. I'm worried because I have not heard ANY voice of Thme during the meditations. I am aware she is an archetype of my higher self. This is what I do.

there is no form today of the hermatic order of the golden dawn but if you want to study there methods you can look up the required reading base books as well as the published findings by its scholars as a course load extremely useful but the order rose to rapid power like any human group rise fast fall hard
for you dont waste your time almost all required bae reading is reincense periods extremely advanced todays new age almost nones in print

Valleric
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Valleric »

I do the reading material. Regardie is just very vague. Thanks for the advice but I am someone who has to see things all the way through to the end. All thoughts, things, or words that try to move me off course I look at as a test of faith and dedication. I was hoping for advice from someone with experience using the Golden Dawn magic system. The Hermetic kabbalah magic is what truly interests me, the Golden Dawn books are just a doorway. And I know for a fact the Enochian magic works whether someone believes in it or not. I think the wifi headphones might have to go. I'll try that. I'm just not sure how my higher self is supposed to sound. I feel like I have been talked to but not with words. My logic mind wants words. Sometimes just images or things I have not thought of in a long time pop up in my head. Thank you for you're advice.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

This man's videos , if you are not familiar with him , as well as his books ,
are extremely helpful in making things simple , compared to most...

https://www.google.com/search?q=lon+mil ... 66&bih=646

As well as pages of his videos , seeing him do the calls in person , are
pretty incredible...his experience speaks greatly for itself...

He might be able to assist you...;)

Valleric
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Valleric »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:This man's videos , if you are not familiar with him , as well as his books ,
are extremely helpful in making things simple , compared to most...

https://www.google.com/search?q=lon+mil ... 66&bih=646

As well as pages of his videos , seeing him do the calls in person , are
pretty incredible...his experience speaks greatly for itself...

He might be able to assist you...;)
Ah man thank you so much!

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Here is his Facebook page , if you belong , to contact him...

You never know...you may get more than what you want to know for now... [wink]

https://www.facebook.com/lon.duquette

Valleric
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Valleric »

I'm following him now. Thank you for the help.

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”