Who First Attributed The Tools To The Elements

Rubedo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Who First Attributed The Tools To The Elements

Post by Rubedo »

Does anyone know when were the magical tools of Sword, Wand, Cup, Disk, first attributed to the elements, and by who - was it by the Golden Dawn by any chance?
I've tried but can't find much information on line. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please.

Thank you.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Who First Attributed The Tools To The Elements

Post by Amor »

"In her ground-breaking study From Ritual to Romance Jessie Laidlay Weston drew attention to the relationship between four of these occult symbols (sometimes called the Grail Hallows), and the suits of the Tarot cards."

https://www.monsalvat.no/symbols.htm

I suspect the attribution to the elements is an adaptation to fit with medieval magical practice.

The grail energy of this planet is from outside the solar system and thereby stellar rather than elemental.

Grail energies have recently increased, hence the interest in Grail Fire.

Rubedo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rubedo »

Amor wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:50 am "In her ground-breaking study From Ritual to Romance Jessie Laidlay Weston drew attention to the relationship between four of these occult symbols (sometimes called the Grail Hallows), and the suits of the Tarot cards."

https://www.monsalvat.no/symbols.htm

I suspect the attribution to the elements is an adaptation to fit with medieval magical practice.

The grail energy of this planet is from outside the solar system and thereby stellar rather than elemental.

Grail energies have recently increased, hence the interest in Grail Fire.
Thank you for you reply Amor, and the link you gave. Very interesting.
I'll have to get 'From Ritual to Romance' by Weston.

Where can I find out more about the Grial being stellar energy (I presume you mean zodiacal) , and about Grail Fire?

Many thanks.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

There is a star from which the Grail energy comes to this planet. The star is referenced indirectly in Wagner's Grail operas

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”