The Problems

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Problems

Post by Kath »

The Problem with life extension in most ways it's envisioned, is that it approaches "self" as a physical construct, and seeks to further it's physical longevity, or offer some sort of surrogate physical form for the mind.

I see two problems with this though.

1) I do not hold to the idea that the mind and/or spirit is entirely 3-D + Time in dimensional nature. Ergo, any physical surrogacy has serious problems. I mean imagine a 2-D universe where they understand a male penis purely by way of a 2-D cross section at some point in it. If they take everything they know, and try to replicate that 2-D slice of salami, even if perfectly executed, it won't 'work' because it's a wafer-thin cross section of something larger. A facsimile of that cross section might be crafted perhaps, but it's devoid of the larger construct being dealt with. There's no erections in that route. So a surrogate environment for the mind (computers, etc) is problematic to say the least.

2) Physical forms are inherently transient. You can't make a physical thing, or modify a physical thing, such that it won't break.

On the other hand, the mind/spirit being dimensionally larger than the physical body & brain, may offer interesting possibilities in itself. Although we can learn from people who've suffered brain damage, that things like memory, and complex thought, seem to be dependent on that physical aspect, the brain.

Is the self/mind/spirit dependent on the physical body to function? I'd imagine a lot of people on a forum like this would say "no". But that has the sting of 'wishful thinking' in it. Obviously it would be preferable to imagine that you don't need the body to continue to exist. But just because something is preferable to believe, does not make it so. On the contrary, it makes it a rather dubious thing to believe, because you have an alterior motive to believe it.

That said, I've done a great deal of exploring consciousness, unconsciousness, the collective consciousness, the collective unconsciousness, etc. Scientifically and metaphysically, both from study and from first hand exploration.

In the moment preceding death, one feels a sudden "pulling taut" of all the strings which attach oneself to their life. Everything from memories, to relationships, to property, to responsibilities, even tiny things like "did I leave the coffee pot turned on?". It is (I think) these threads which become severed at the moment of death. But I don't think that the thing to which these ties are bound, is itself extinguished.

That isn't to say that I think everything is gravy if you die. I think that the nonphysical component of self is... how to put it... "reinforced" by the body. Like it can be prone to dissolving without that anchor. This is based largely on exploring OBE & astral projection. There is an issue of "fleeting lucidity". And in dreams where we are not lucid, we can be incredibly fragile, mentally and bodily (nonphysical body). I think "dispersion" is a very real possibility.

I could almost envision intelligent physical organisms as a sort of surrogate lattice on which the greater aspects of self grow like a vine. To remove that underlying lattice could be rather destructive to the larger self. It seems prudent though, to do everything in one's power to strengthen the conscious relationship with the nonphysical self, and to shift the process of mind & memory towards that end of the spectrum as much as one can. So that when the lattice is removed, more content is preserved, and the larger self is better equipped to function.

It is my understanding from a lot of higher-self slanted HGA work, that upon death, I'll simply become that higher self. Of which I am but a fractional sliver right now. The leaf falls away, but the tree does not. Many leaves simply fall away with little mark on the nature of the tree. But some become small twigs, which grow into larger branches, etc. and thereby become more robustly embedded in the larger organism.

Or perhaps I'm just looking at it in an odd way. I have been accused of such now & then.
Anyway, there are serious fundamental problems in most concepts of life extension, transhumanism, and immortality.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Problems

Post by Amor »

If parallel processing exists in Nature then it is likely that the spirit-human uses such a method to progress multiple human incarnations with learnings being transferred between parallel incarnations to accelerate learning.

I have read that the human spirit/monad may have up to 12 parallel souls (soul bodies constructed from higher mental subplane substance) and each soul may have up to 12 parallel human incarnations.

Is immortality a bottom-up view?

https://www.techtarget.com/searchdatace ... processing

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Problems

Post by Kath »

Amor wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:48 am Is immortality a bottom-up view?
I was approaching the problem (mortality) from the more common social framing in this post. Which is usually a bottom-up view.
It kinda reflects what I was thinking at a point quite a few years ago. And I'm curious how it would be discussed.
But yeah, your question is very astute, and really deconstructs the whole equation as I presented it.

I touched on that some near the end, with the leaf/tree analogy. But I didn't really flush it out. I was just curious where this thread would go discussion-wise.

____

To sum up my more current thinking: If you know your higher self very well, and you know that there is no distinct line where your small self ends and the large self begins, but rather that one is an extension of the other, is physical mortality particularly consequential?

Omniscient beings tend not to laugh, and lack the capacity for 'childlike awe'.
So what does the finite self bring to the table?
"When the large me thinks of the small me which is in this sliver of time, do I smile?"

_

hehe, sounds pretty RHP I guess. I'm not 'actually' very much about being right or left handed in path thinking. I just more often see people over-emphasizing one & disdaining the other, and I react to that. Really I just tear down dogma, of which there is more RHP variants in popular circulation. Which I think makes me seem more LHP than I am. Dogma is like a choking collar full of razor blades. People don't like to have it prodded, but i just hate to see it fester. In actual day to day life, I lean into trying to be an avatar of mirth and wonder, and find ways to stimulate wonder and joy, in myself or others. Usually anyway. Something I rather doubt comes across in my posts in this forum :P

Return to “Life Extension and Immortality”