The Individuate Church, a Discordian initiatory path

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

ArchangelIdiotis
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Individuate Church, a Discordian initiatory path

Post by ArchangelIdiotis »

"We Discordians must all stick apart." - Malaclypse the Younger, K.S.C.

The Individuate Church includes a system of initiation with some Jungian individuation and a symbolic ascent of the 8 circuits of Timothy Leary's model. This system is published free on the front page of the Individuate Church website. The initiations attempt to first positively program the four lower circuits, then to open up the four higher circuits, one at a time, by creating an identification of entering the circuits reinforced by the art of the ceremony.

I founded the Individuates when I was big into Carl Jung, at the suggestion of a friend of mine that spent half his time in Vegas and half in Virginia (where I live). We were still in high school, now I'm 37. Much has changed.

The founding document was the "Individuate Bible," a 10 page initiation thru Discordian influenced comedy. There is a little magick and consciousness expansion in the Individuate Bible I find only useful if the reader has enough a sense of humor to see through the obvious put-ons.

The Individuate Church teaches psychic progress and consciousness expansion as grounded in an appreciation of the sciences of psychology and psychiatry. Starting with Jung because, as a founder of scientific psychology, he's as good a place as any, and I have some experience with his writings. It is hoped that this technique, an ascent of awareness grounding in approaching mental health, will stave off any psyche destabilization likely to result of altered states.

Chrystal City, the lower city, built into one's aura, symbolizes the creative chaos of selfishness unbound by laws or governing bodies of any kind. The visualizations of Chrystal City are modeled after a fictional floating city of anarchy. Chrystal City is symbolic of spontaneous yet uninitiated personal individuality and selfishness. Eschillion, the higher city, is visualized as a vast golden city that is built atop the foundation of Chrystal City, symbolic of Jungian Self discovery, psychological balance, and higher consciousness. Eschillion is a mythic utopia to have transcended the pitfalls of selfish interaction, to have evolved past the need for legal deterrence.

The role playing section offers a message forum going by free form role playing rules intended to promote creativity and consciousness expansion thru exploratory interactive writing, and to provide an evolving user-contributed vision of Chrystal City that permits the modeling of every conceivable type of anarchy.

www.IndividuateChurch.com
-Archangel Idiotis, leader of an ostrich cult.

Return to “Individual Spirituality”