Fasting Practice

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Fasting Practice

Post by WildWolf »

I've been obsessed with Fasting for a long time and began practicing in my late teens. In the last few days, i started doing Intermittent Fasting again and i plan to do it for the foreseeable future. Daily IF is great for cutting body fat and longevity. Water, Juice and Intermittent Fasting (labeled in order of difficulty) are all great tools for Longevity. Personally, i don't have experience with Dry Fasting.....and think it may do more harm than good. That being said, i've also done quite a bit of experimentation of combining fasting with magick....for a deeper internal cleaning.

As i continue my studies....i'll be posting notes here. There are many videos on fasting in the net and i'd recommend people study up on the topic before taking on any deep challenges in the field. Cheers.

Cerber

Re: Fasting Practice

Post by Cerber »

I'm quite fond of that practice, as long as it's within reason and in line with with basic human biology (I strongly doubt "Dry Fasting" is in line with human biology and physiology).
Some decades ago, fasting did help me "reboot" (for the lack of better word) not just my digestive system, but much of the rest me, after years damage done by modern medicine trying to fix some other issue (I'm still on the side of modern medicine :)
But these days, I just don't eat more than it's necessary, so fasting isn't as important as it used to be. Despite that I do believe should practice that thousands ears old tradition more often.
All those cooking shows, celebrity chefs cults, fast food eateries, dirt cheap supermarket food, extreme abundance (at least in western countries) - is actually can be rather toxic environment, in certain ways. Taking time off from all that excess of food (with reason and caution) seems like a necessity nowadays.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Cerber wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:22 pm I'm quite fond of that practice, as long as it's within reason and in line with with basic human biology (I strongly doubt "Dry Fasting" is in line with human biology and physiology).
Some decades ago, fasting did help me "reboot" (for the lack of better word) not just my digestive system, but much of the rest me, after years damage done by modern medicine trying to fix some other issue (I'm still on the side of modern medicine :)
But these days, I just don't eat more than it's necessary, so fasting isn't as important as it used to be. Despite that I do believe should practice that thousands ears old tradition more often.
All those cooking shows, celebrity chefs cults, fast food eateries, dirt cheap supermarket food, extreme abundance (at least in western countries) - is actually can be rather toxic environment, in certain ways. Taking time off from all that excess of food (with reason and caution) seems like a necessity nowadays.
Yeah, everything in moderation. I use Intermittent Fasting nowadays, mainly for cutting the fat and cleaning out the pipes. If you really wanna clean out your gut.....get a juice that is a diaretic (cranberry...etc) and do a couple days of juicing fasting. The pipes will be squeezed clean. When it comes to food and health -- More is Less.

Fasting is everywhere in spiritual traditions....so there's quite a bit of merit. Personally...i don't trust much of "modern medicine".

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

WildWolf wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:46 pm ...
Personally...i don't trust much of "modern medicine".
Understandable.
But traditional medicine couldn't keep human body alive past 40, modern medicine doubled that. And pregnancy stopped being near-fatal ailment to both mother and infant, again thanks to modern medicine. Pesky things like smallpox been ravaging for thousands of years, until modern medicine came along. Just a to name a few.
Some might argue, that few of those benefits are not necessarily positive, distorting natural evolution and what not, but I'm all for progress, despite that it always comes with some price tag, everything has a price in this universe. But without progress, there's only extinction.
Human form, with all of it's quirks and imperfections, it is a fine "product". Millions of years of "engineering" went in to it, so I think it would be shame if something to happen to it all and if all that work and effort would get wasted.
To mitigate such risks, progress should not slow down. There isn't all that much time left for humanity anyway, probably.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Cerber wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:18 am
WildWolf wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:46 pm ...
Personally...i don't trust much of "modern medicine".
Understandable.
But traditional medicine couldn't keep human body alive past 40, modern medicine doubled that. And pregnancy stopped being near-fatal ailment to both mother and infant, again thanks to modern medicine. Pesky things like smallpox been ravaging for thousands of years, until modern medicine came along. Just a to name a few.
Some might argue, that few of those benefits are not necessarily positive, distorting natural evolution and what not, but I'm all for progress, despite that it always comes with some price tag, everything has a price in this universe. But without progress, there's only extinction.
Human form, with all of it's quirks and imperfections, it is a fine "product". Millions of years of "engineering" went in to it, so I think it would be shame if something to happen to it all and if all that work and effort would get wasted.
To mitigate such risks, progress should not slow down. There isn't all that much time left for humanity anyway, probably.
You misunderstand me.....the development of modern technology for health is great....but much of medicinal striving has been co-opted by corrupt insurance companies and pill factories (Big Pharma....etc). Furthermore, much as in the past as in the present...."Medical Errors" make up a significant chunk of fatalities.

Naturally, this is me looking at things from an American perspective (may be different elsewhere).....seeing all the corruption and inefficiency that goes on in the system. One could argue, this is more of a societal/cultural problem than a medical technology issue....i feel they are intertwined. As my first teacher said....for Preventative Care, go Alternative Medicine. For Emergency Care (broken bones...etc), go too a Western doctor.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Good video on experience fasting. I'm still tinkering with IF, may have a report soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KTMCJJE4o4

Return to “Life Extension and Immortality”